Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deciding Date For Hedo... HELP!

Deciding Date For Hedo... HELP!

My boyfriend and I just finished our first swingers vacation. The cruise we went on was AMAZING. I have been looking to book out next vacation ever since we got off the ship. Hedo was on my list from the start and now that we have tried this out and I know we like it I am willing to commit to a bigger trip. I am trying to figure out how Hedo works... Is is just open all the time for going? It seems to me there are some dates that more people seem to be going. I checked the "events" part of their site but didn't see anything exciting or that would draw lots of people. We newbies need HELP!

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi there....I think that the stock answer is to go anytime, anyway, anyhow. Booking for any date eliminates the awful feeling of "should have, would have, could have
    ..."
    Obviously, your timing will be influenced by your preference to time of year, availability for time off, etc. plus, whatever group present the week you decide to attend.

Here's some basic info I have posted before.

Hi again….after having experienced Hedo 13 times now since 2005, you should be excited about any trip to Hedonism resort in Negril, Jamaica and enjoy the anticipation—especially if you are considering a trip to paradise this June.

In previous years I did lots of research before I decided for my Krewe de Krazy Life group to go the 3rd/4th week of June and I’m glad I did.

Our group is able to go much easier than other times because:

1) school is out for almost everyone and kids can be transferred to relatives for the week

2) It is before the true rainy/hurricane season which is at its peak mid-July to mid-October so that our week benefits from the sun, summer solstice and an occasional rain shower (in my 10 days this past June there were a total of about 4-5 hours of rain showers total)

3) The waters of the Hedo pools and the Caribbean are the warmest of the year

4) Mid-June marks the low season for both resort rates and even many airline rates so double savings are a nice bonus

5) The resort during our week has sold out/nearly sold out the past two June’s and the energy levels by staff and guests are pretty high.

And yes, consider a group even if for nothing more than the cost-savings for room rates and flights, plus being with a group sometimes (at least with my Krewe de Krazy Life) there are:

perks like gift bags with essential/helpful items,

a private meet & greet party upon arrival to get to know other group members,

camraderie and always someone that can offer help or socialize with,

and even special group benefits–

At least with my Krewe, we have zero mandatory requirements or obligations 24/7 because a person’s time at Hedo is their own personal time for them to do as they want, when they want–or not want–to.

Anyway, there is no shortage of great people and groups at Hedo and if you are seeking more info, the links below in my signature line have some Hedo-related videos, photos, trip reports, tips, etc.

Ann The TravelSlut
    TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com Back from Cuba, currently in Florida & heading to Fantasy Fest in Key West this month with the Krewe de Krazy Life

http://www.hedonism.com/events-enter...de-krazy-life/ (nice mix of newbies/virgins and veteran Hedonites)

12th Annual Krewe de Krazy Life Group Trip open to all singles and couples and unicorns- JUNE 16-23, 2018

Also-----

From one of my blogs about booking with a group:

Just some considerations as I get asked this quite often about my annual group trip to Hedonism II every June:

Groups will most often have the best rates for the timeframe you seek and likely allow for you to extend the group rate both before and after the group's main dates at the resort provided you spend the bulk (usually a minimum of 5 days) of your days within the group week.

Groups usually offer a special meet and greet at the beginning of the group week

Groups often have a goodie bag for their members which might include any number of small, useful items for your stay at Hedo or something to take home to remember your trip there.

Groups offer a kind of "security blanket" for newbies or people that are more shy or anxious by always providing guests that the newbie can learn from, ask questions, dine or drink with or just carry on conversations, etc.

Groups sometimes have special events or activities that provide guests opportunities that may not be offered to other non-group member guests.

Groups can sometimes make reservations for areas of the resort for special activities

Groups can charter a nude cruise from the resort

Groups provide recognition by both Hedo staff and other guests (our Krewe has special beaded name/nickname necklaces for easy identification to guests and staff)

Groups allow guests to be followers and not leaders or having to make decisions especially in new situations

Groups can offer more discreet assistance should you encounter a problem or issue or just general uestions

Group members often watch out for other group members should a guest have too much to drink, too much sun, or just too much whatever

Groups provide an avenue of support and casual interaction and often lead to friendships outside of Hedo.

Groups allow for friendly conversation, sharing experiences, sharing memories, having friendship/camaraderie, laughing with someone, or simply eating or drinking with someone you might know or want to know

Cons for groups?

There are very few cons that I could think of based on my experience organizing my group the past 11 years and speaking with group leaders and members during my previous 14 trips to Hedo.

One possible negative would be any pressure to participate in group activities (they should always be voluntary because the guest is always the guest & it is THEIR vacation/holiday)

I am not aware of membership fees (although I jokingly tell my group members they must "buy" me a glass of champagne at Hedo...lol).

Anyway, I hope this helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    My boyfriend and I just finished our first swingers vacation. The cruise we went on was AMAZING. I have been looking to book out next vacation ever since we got off the ship. Hedo was on my list from the start and now that we have tried this out and I know we like it I am willing to commit to a bigger trip. I am trying to figure out how Hedo works... Is is just open all the time for going? It seems to me there are some dates that more people seem to be going. I checked the "events" part of their site but didn't see anything exciting or that would draw lots of people. We newbies need HELP!
    Hedonism II is an all inclusive resort, just like many others in the Caribbean, that is lifestyle friendly. Some dates have more people because there is probably a group there that is more popular than others.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Hello Newbies: Welcome to the "Lifestyle"... If done correctly, it will be a ride the both of you will enjoy fully... We enjoy Hedo/Caribbean when the weather here in NY is at its worst, we don't like the cold, and we don't do winter well!!!! So we get there in February. This February will be our 3rd in a row... We have also done 2 New Year's Eve's, 1 at Hedo III way back when, and 1 at II. But pretty much whenever you go, you will enjoy yourselves, sometimes the best memories are made without being planned... M & J
    Jo- & Mark

Check out the Playful Pussycats!!

Join us by calling 888.242.1055 or email info@wildwomenvacations.com
    The Playful Pussycats

Hi! How were the New Year's Eve's?? We're considering that time frame this year.
    Last edited by The Luv-er's; 10-15-2017 at 10:17 PM.

The week of Valentine's is always the best week of the year.......................because that's when we are there ;-)
    Mitch & Melisa

What's Halloween like at Hedo II? We have booked for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by The Luv-er's View Post
    Hi! How were the New Year's Eve's?? We're considering that time frame this year.
    New Year's Eve was great... Being in the warmth, under the stars when the ball dropped was fantastic... We went with TheBareBottomBunch, Scott & Sabina, 2 Great peopel, and the entire group was friendly and fun...
    Jo- & Mark

That is what I am getting. I have been looking into different groups that are having events there. Just found the young swings group and am looking into when they offer events.

We are super excited to see where this takes us! February sounds amazing. We don't do the heat so that may be a good time for mild weather.

New Years!! That sounds like a great time to go.

�������� ����

Whenever you go, you can't go wrong. Check out all the groups on the Hedo website. Most groups have a web page (http://www.hedonism.com/events-entertainment/events/) or a Facebook page for you to learn more about them. Our group is the Bubbly Bares and we really like the members. The Nood Brood is there the same week and they are also great folks. What will likely happen is that you will make great friends while you are there and then want to go back during the same time every year to see those friends again. Like I said earlier, we like Valentines week. We think it is the best week because we enjoy the weather and we get to see our old friends again. Most groups are "older" in age, so if you want a younger crowd you might shop the groups a little more, but again, whenever you go you can't go wrong. Join us for Valentines and I'll make it a point to show you around and introduce you to everyone we know.
    Mitch & Melisa

We are super excited to see where this takes us! February sounds amazing. We don't do the heat so that may be a good time for mild weather.
    I think February's weather in Jamaica is perfect. It is never sweltering or too hot, temps are usually in the 80's and perfect. Although it may rain daily, it is usually a short shower, nothing that lasts the whole day. Perfect time for relaxing on the beach or having fun by the pool. That's why we go in February, plus just when you're starting to get sick of the cold weather (depending on where you are from), it is the perfect time to escape the winter!
    **EX** Hosts of the Nood Brood (we are out of the hosting game now)

www.noodbrood.com

We still highly recommend Nood Brood though, lots of wonderful friends!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast