Thread: Playa Sonrisa Mexico

Blog Entries

Playa Sonrisa Mexico

Has anybody been to Playa Sonrisa in SE Mexico? Is it safe? Accessible? PDA?’s

We have never been, but our friends have. They are actually planning another trip there next year 2019. Hopefully we will tag along.

What they say, it is in the middle of no-where. When you drive your car there, there is one last gas station over 90 minutes away. Make sure fill up (topped off) because you will not make the round trip on 3/4's of a tank of gas. Also bring all the cash you need. It is remote!!!

The resort is small. No PDA's (probably because of the size) but it is encouraged by the owners.

As for safe, they told us about another younger, attractive couple that was there from Canada. Their first year, they ran out of gas on the drive back. Here they are, speak no spanish, young and attractive broken down on the side of the road in the middle of know-where. A couple of Mexicans, in a beat up truck, stopped. They naturally thought the worst. The Mexicans picked them up and they went down some beaten road for 45 minutes. They thought they were dead. They stopped by this shack, the guys went in, the Canadians are nervous, and the Mexicans came out with a gas tank with gas. All smiles. The couple gave them $20.00 and the Mexicans were grateful. So, I would say it is safe. We watch too many movies.

When they went, they stopped at a few nude spots. Hidden Beach, Desire and another. They spent a couple of nights at each place but enjoyed Playa Sonrisa the most.

That is all I got. The website is pretty informative. Our friends loved the place and is bypassing Hedo to make this trip again.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. I guess there is no public transit then?

Quote Originally Posted by clary1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I guess there is no public transit then?
    How are friends talked about the place, it is in the backwoods. Nothing around. They are totally off the grid. Electricity by solar and internet by satelite. You can only find ice at the small bar. Use it sparingly. Do not quote me on this.

You should go to their website and email them about your questions and concerns. Our friends loved it and are planning another trip in April. Hopefully we will tag along.

We are looking for an out of the way place to go for a week getaway once we get past covid. In addition to the above post does anyone else have any updates on playa sonrisa?