Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Damn right I'm bitter.......

Sad to see H3 Go

We too are very sad to see the resort close. I would have rather seen H2 close and bring everyone to H3. H3 is more modern, we went to H2 in 2006 and left after 4 days due to several reasons. Staff was rude , Food was terrible, and we couldn't get hot water.. Hubby has to show the maintenance man how to fix it. No we are booked for H3 in Sept and have had to move to H2, The only saving grace is that Kevin Levee the GM form H3 is now at H2 and reports are that he has things going well at H2 now..So with that said we are heading to H2 in Sept.
    Now I have heard (rumors) that the property next to H2 on the nude side may be purchaed by Superclubs and they will expand the nude side over there. Who knows.. I do think that the new resort taking H3 place will fail. The nude pool is too small to accomidate nudist families.. And some are correct that the nude beach is terrible and too small.
    We would love to see H2 made clothing optional (who goes to a hedo resort to wear suits in the pool?). We also found out that If you booked Poolview or poolside at Hedo3 then when you get transferred over to H2 you will put in the Gardenview Prude side because of the rates you paid.. I can tell you its a very long walk to the nude pool forn the GVP side.. lets pray for upgrades.

Have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by hedolovers2019 View Post
    I can tell you its a very long walk to the nude pool forn the GVP side.. lets pray for upgrades.

Have a good day
    Hopefully that is the case- I mean- after the inconvenience they have foisted on you by moving your vacation I gotta think that at some point someone in their office would come up with the idea of upgrading all the refugees into a little better room. It might go a little way towards soothing the angry mob... but who knows.
    Nick (and the sassy Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

When I told my wife about what had happened and everything that is going on, our future trips are more then likely done. Closing one resort isn't bad enough but now they raise the rates and also the extremely long walk to get to anything?? Don't they understand that after A LOT of beverages, her trying to walk any kind of distance in her stiletto knee high boots and 4" platform heels just isn't something that she is going to do. The rate hike was the biggest thing that killed it for me.

We have traveled with the WildWomen group and every time has been better then the last. Now we understand that they are planning on moving to H2 but do they ever have the suites to handle this? Also , in Nov of this year, Kinks in the Carribean are supposed to be at H3 along with WildWomen. Love to see how that is going to happen with the StupidFamily Fun Time place.

Now they expect everyone to pay more for a site that people don't want to be forced to go to? We have loved going over the past years and have made a lot of friends that we have returned with and had planned on returning with but unless something else is found I doubt that we will be back.

I am really going to miss the staff, the relaxing time and especially making new friends that we still stay in contact with year after year. I really hope people come to the realization that they are going t lose more then they are going to gain my this move.
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

I can't believe that people still insist that because a few of us were loyal that SC should lose money to keep the resort open for the few of us that remained loyal over the years? How can you think that you can demand a business keep open when losing profit, let alone not making one, just to keep the minority happy?

Hedonism resorts use to be at high capacity most of the year. You seldom even hear of sold out weeks any more.

Truthfully if "we" were so loyal capacity would still be high but unfortunately a lot of previously loyal guests took their business elsewhere. There's just not enough "loyal" customers to keep the resort alive!

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaryW View Post
    Truthfully if "we" were so loyal capacity would still be high but unfortunately a lot of previously loyal guests took their business elsewhere. There's just not enough "loyal" customers to keep the resort alive!
    Agreed, but loyalty is a 2-way street.

I asked about the "rocks" on the FB page and got a little snide comment from another person on how can I be so concerned over ROCKS while everyone ELSE is concerned about them taking away the "fun factor"????

LMAO. Quite honestly, I'm not gonna sit here and start emailing and calling the resort managers, owners, and yada yada because at the end of the day it is a BUSINESS and they have every right to keep it open, close it, change it, WHATEVER. Makes no sense to cry over spilled milk. Sure I'm bummed but I think at this point the only people that should really have a legitimate gripe are those that have booked and PAID and have had their travel arrangements altered and moved to H2. If someone wanted H2 they woulda BOOKED H2. They should be given more than a switcheroo to a different site, such as 2 free nights or generous upgrades. JMO tho.

Honestly, my husband and I love H3 but the "fun factor" isn't gone because whether we try out the remodeled H3 or switch to H2 next time or even try Desire..... we're gonna have FUN, REGARDLESS

We go 2 - 3 times a year, I think were loyal, lol.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

We were gonna be loyal.....didn't get a chance!
    Hedo II July 14-19 2018
    Hedo II July 11th-16th 2015 with Fluffs
    Hedo II Dec. 12th-17th 2014
    Hedo II Jul. 19th-24th 2014 with LoveVoodoo
    Hedo II Nov. 21st-26th 2013
    Hedo II Apr. 4th-10th 2013
    Hedo II First Timing.....Aug.16th-22nd 2012
    Hedo 3 was great while it lasted, we'll always miss her!
    2nd trip to 3 08/06-08/10/2010 for our last party!
    Hedo 3 first timers 04/08-04/12/10

OK...let me put it this way.

Presumably H3 is LOSING money. It COSTS them to put us up for the week.

But that doesn't matter. The fact that we cannot bring in enough guests to even help them to break even doesn't matter. The fact that we've been going there multiple times every year for years is all that matters so they should SUPPORT us when we want to take a trip to Hedo????

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Oh poop! I was afraid of that1

This isn't a social decision - they obviously would have stayed open if they were making money!
    I actually think it was both. We do not know who the owners are of the property, it aint SC's as they lease it. Maybe this lawsuit currently going on has more to do with it than we think. I am not sure they were losing money...occupancy has not changed that much over the years, if that was the case how did they sustain for so long?? Business wise I think they will be worse off than they are today with the Stupid Fun concept..really who are they going to get to go to the place? Very little Hedo people will go...so who are they going to get with all the other choices out there? If they bring the rates down to Starfish level, how are they going to make money at that by just cutting back on primo booze, water sports and airport transfers???? There is something going on here that is fishy!!! I feel sorry for the staff that will be there...Hedo Alterego on Facebook is trying to convice previous visitors to come back and give it a try...we go to Hedo for the vibe, not that location for sure!! We have been to Sandals twice and would rather go there again for a sedate vaca than back to the old Hedo 3!!! Could you imagine going back, sitting in the once neekid pool with bathing suits on???? GOD THAT WOULD SUCK!!!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Hidden Beach

Anyone been to Hidden Beach in Mexico? If so how would it compare to Hedo3?

Just researching our options....in case we decide not to frequent Hedo2 (or superclubs)

I visited the website and it looks really cool...really naked...and really fun.

Hidden Beach

We looked at the site as well. Unfortunately the nude part is only 42 rooms- not big enough to accomodate our group this year so we are hesitant to look too hard at it.
    I particularly like the minifridge in every room and... I shit you not... alcohol dispensers in every room as well. I think it said tequila, rum, vodka, and whiskey... I am sure not top shelf but seriously... I don't even have to leave the room to get a cocktail? Holy crap! That might be dangerous.
    Nick (and the rally-er Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

OK...let me put it this way.

Presumably H3 is LOSING money. It COSTS them to put us up for the week.
    if they were loosing that much money or werent being filled enough you would think the discounts would be more - plus i have often seen the prices (for the lowest room category at the breezes are cheaper).
    the discounts for many of the breezes (including the one next door to h3) are buy 3 days get one free
    but...
    hedo's both are 4 days get one free.

a special like that indicates (to me) that they are having a harder time filling the breezes than either of the hedos.
    im curious what makes people think hedo is loosing so much money, is it just the "low occupancy"?
    it would be interested in knowing the occupancy rates of the other (jamaican) superclubs resorts (even the ex lidos).
    i am really inclined to believe the rumors about this being political esp. with all the bad press from the silly ongoing law suit about "what goes on" at hedo 3.
    also the new resort is supposed to be a bit more wallet friendly - however i have found that the prices on flights to jamaica are going up up up. cheaper to fly to mexico.
    maybe a hedonism but in mexico.......

Quote Originally Posted by aliyt View Post
    maybe a hedonism but in mexico.......
    I like that idea, would be pretty neat to see some Hedo's opening in different countries, like mexico, brazil, and puerto rico.

Quote Originally Posted by duda View Post
    I see both sides of this as im sure most do. It doesn't sit well regardless. I can understand the business end of this from a SC POV. So i guess i understand. That being said it doesnt mean we have to take it. I just might be priced out of H2 by this move. I have never been to another resort. We did hedo three years ago as a once in a lifetime big deal. well weve been to both and are on our way back a 3rd time. Hedo isnt a discount resort as it stands, and I may just be forced to consider alternatives.
    I'm wondering how feasible it would be for the major groups/ travel agents to pull there resources, and find a resort that is willing to cater to the groups. A smaller perhaps even mom and pop establishment that would love to just rent the whole place out for a week. A complete takeover. you get a few groups to do that instead of bowing to SC or settling for desires etc, and you've made a point. If this is an economic decision let them watch their dollars go elsewhere. Maybe for a year or two you have to settle for an alternative. otherwise you just have to settle for whatever they decide to do from here on out. price hikes, more restrictions, who knows?
    Closing a hedo resort has an entirely different impact than closing any other resort. How many people would give a damn if a breezes got rebranded? By closing H3 they stepped on the toes of probably some of the most loyal travelers in the world. H3 was home for many as i feel that way about H2. No one is returning home to a breezes or the like.
    This just occurred to me. Did they even try their best to save hedo? I have never seen a mainstream ad for hedo. perhaps before sinking all this money and resources into this decision they could have put up some billboards, or something,maybe some radio ads. Hedos always been a kinda secret. Id rather they tried to publicize themselves some before giving up.
    whew!!!
    I like the mom and pop resort that would do most anything to have a group book all of the resort.
    as I talk with my TA he is looking into some things so maybe just may
    be we will get some very exciting news
    CJ and Rebelwolf
    AKA Carolyn and Dave

www.wildwomenvacations.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast