Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Damn right I'm bitter.......

Angry

Actually I agree with Mr. Irrelivent, We are scheduled to go to Hedo 3 in January , have booked non-refundable tickets and paid for the room of our choice. It was going to be a anniversaryfor us (32) years and we were meeting friends we met on our past trips to Hedo 3. One of the couples are coming back from duty in Afganistan and already booked with us. Of course they do not know the new developments and I am not going to tell them they will find out when they return in December. I am disgusted by "higher ups" handleing of this matter with rumors flying everywhere and most important TAKING OUR MONEY WHEN THEY NEW WHAT WAS COMING. Probably the worst management skills I have ever heard of. They TOOK OUR MONEY ANYWAY (I can't get past that one). I will not comment on Hedo2 because I have never been there and what I heard is just heresay. What I do know is that Hedo 3 had a vibe Hedo 2 I assume has a vibe and if you believe rumors it is not the same vibe. One of the reasons we chose Hedo 3 was because of the privacy. I do not want to be naked in the water with a bunch of kids or older fcks looking at me from another resort. We didn't want the congestion of a bigger city. Oh well that's my tale of woe and I am really let down by the whole fcking thing. Don't know what we are going to do but somehow we are going on vacation somewhere after I GET OUR MONEY! And fight with the airlines.

We have been debating for some time now if we should try Desires. We have been to H3 once this year and going back at the end of July. Although the staff may be great, in our experience it is the guests who make the "vibe". If Desires is boring and dull we may try H2 in 2012. The fact that Desire does not allow singles will not bother us in the least. We actually view it as a positive. We wont have to spend 30 minutes of each day telling Mr.Vinnie how the stalking is a little creepy.

Superclubs, may or may not make money off of this decision. Only time will tell.

While I agree with a lot that is written here.... the people that need to boycott are those that will be going to the new Super Fucked Up New Resort - fka H3.... if they can't book better than 40-50% at their new branded resort they are more likely to bring back H3.....
    In the meantime, we really don't have much of a choice but to give H2 a try....isn't ONE hedo better than NO hedo???? We ALL agree that we like hedo better than desire, temptations and the other copy cat resorts... no one has done it better than hedo.... and we all love Jamaica and the people that work there.... so let's all give H2 and the people there a try - afterall.... it's still HEDO!!!!

One thing we can do together as a group - DO NOT GO BACK TO THE OLD H3 EXCEPT to pick up your rocks!!!!! Get the word out to as many people as you can!!!! I believe that superclubs has continued to allow bookings under the Hedo III brand thinking that when people get there, they will ACCEPT the changes and new people that have never been then will EMBRACE the NEW BRAND - SAY IT AIN'T SO..... show them they had more freaks booking there than they originally thought!!!

JMO.....But I do come from a Real Estate and Business background!!!
    H2 - June 21-26, 2011
    H3 - June 12-17, 2010
    H3 - Oct 2009
    H3 - Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by luvnlife_az View Post
    While I agree with a lot that is written here.... the people that need to boycott are those that will be going to the new Super Fucked Up New Resort - fka H3.... if they can't book better than 40-50% at their new branded resort they are more likely to bring back H3.....
    In the meantime, we really don't have much of a choice but to give H2 a try....isn't ONE hedo better than NO hedo???? We ALL agree that we like hedo better than desire, temptations and the other copy cat resorts... no one has done it better than hedo.... and we all love Jamaica and the people that work there.... so let's all give H2 and the people there a try - afterall.... it's still HEDO!!!!

One thing we can do together as a group - DO NOT GO BACK TO THE OLD H3 EXCEPT to pick up your rocks!!!!! Get the word out to as many people as you can!!!! I believe that superclubs has continued to allow bookings under the Hedo III brand thinking that when people get there, they will ACCEPT the changes and new people that have never been then will EMBRACE the NEW BRAND - SAY IT AIN'T SO..... show them they had more freaks booking there than they originally thought!!!

JMO.....But I do come from a Real Estate and Business background!!!
    That is our plan. Not to go back that is...

NB

Hedo II is raising it's rates 15-20%. They're kidding right? They believe this will get us Hedo III people to go there? We toured the Hedo II property once when we stayed in Nigrel and that tour lead us right to Hedo III. This has has to be irritating the Hedo II regulars also, what did they get for they extra $$$.

We are only 2 people, but the wife DOES NOT want to stay @ H2. So if the wifey no go, then "we" no go. Not really boycotting, but just not really into the other Hedo. So I guess this Aug. is our final Hedo goodbye altogether, very sad day for us..........
    Last edited by coffee&cream; 05-12-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Hedo II July 14-19 2018
    Hedo II July 11th-16th 2015 with Fluffs
    Hedo II Dec. 12th-17th 2014
    Hedo II Jul. 19th-24th 2014 with LoveVoodoo
    Hedo II Nov. 21st-26th 2013
    Hedo II Apr. 4th-10th 2013
    Hedo II First Timing.....Aug.16th-22nd 2012
    Hedo 3 was great while it lasted, we'll always miss her!
    2nd trip to 3 08/06-08/10/2010 for our last party!
    Hedo 3 first timers 04/08-04/12/10

Quote Originally Posted by coffee&cream View Post
    We are only 2, but the wife DOES NOT want to stay @ H2. So if the wifey no go, then "we" no go. Not really boycotting, but just not really into the other Hedo. So I guess this Aug. is our final Hedo goodbye altogether, very sad day for us..........
    Same here!
    <~ keeping the legend alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irrelevant View Post
    Perhaps I'm wrong- I'm already getting the sense that some of the groups (Wild Women, Jamaican WaterSlide) are already resigned to the inevitability of switching to H2.

Folks- we as consumers ought to have a little more influence than this. I see some of the disappointment in the comments that many have posted, but am I alone in being the only one who wants to protest this stupid move and take my repeat business elsewhere?

Does anyone on this forum believe for a second that StupidClubs is going to get more than 50% capacity at a SuperDuperFun resort that promises absolutely NO FUN?
    Mr Irrelevant is right, we can influence StuperClubs with our numbers and dollars by moving our business. We need to mobilize

We are a young couple with the military, 3 kids, so between deployments, $$$ and children needless to say, we don't get away often. We are booked the end of July for 8 nights and this will be our third trip. I'm trying to see it on the positive from our perspective.... now we can have an excuse to not go back to Jamaica for our yearly trip and try something DIFFERENT next year lol. Besides.... the parents, grandparents etc are starting to ask why we keep going back to JAMAICA over and over again lol. Our excuse of "the BREEZES resort is just REALLY NICE" is starting to sound FISHY. lol

I think next year I wanna go to EGYPT.

Just my two cents for what its worth....and I respect everyones opinions and comments...

If Superclubs is taking H3 away and keeping only a small nude area for the nudist families...... then maybe...just maybe.... we can pull our efforts together and get S/C to make the entire H2 resort nude!!!!!!! No need for a prude side if those folks can go to Family Fun Camp III? I am thinking wrong? besides we need a pool for volleyball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know our group, the Spring Breakers, will make the party happen no matter where we are...heck as peteheat emailed me...we could make a trip to Alaska a blast..yes the location does help, but in the end....its the folks that make it for us......

RIP H3...thanks for the great memories and the friendships we have built over the years...see all of you at the "new" place in April '11!!!!!!!

THIS WHOLE THING BLOWS!

Oh well, I guess next trip to Hedo will be H2!
    7Mile beach... here we come mon!

Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    Your T/A and mine..

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Oh poop! I was afraid of that1

I definitely don't like the concept that rates will go up. THAT is likely something we may have more influence over.

However I cannot believe that anyone thinks a resort HAS to stay open just to please us - loyal or not - and keep losing money. I cannot imagine someone telling me I have no choice and MUST keep my business open just because they've been coming to me for years and they don't care if I'm at a 50-60% loss but I have to stay open because I owe it to THEM!

They may not be successful with the new resort but likely Hedo 2 WILL be more successful than it has been and at least we'll still have SOMEPLACE to go rather than both resorts dying a slow death.

Sorry...I am sad about this. I think it's terrible but the writing was on the wall. Census has been really low and we've been wondering how they were making it as long as they had. This isn't a social decision - they obviously would have stayed open if they were making money!

I don't like H2 but it also makes sense to keep the larger of the two resorts open.

I agree with Big Bubba...maybe we can affect some changes but no one will get anyone done by name calling and insulting and threats and rudeness. For the most part the management at either Hedo resort has worked hard to make people as happy as they can with what resources they have. Both general managers have overall great reputations for listening to us and responding to our needs in the past.

I agree that the dissemination of info was handled poorly but that was a superclubs screw up not a Hedo screw up.

I say we overbook Hedo so often that they have to bring Hedo 3 back...now THAT makes more sense than bulllying them into keep both resorts open at all costs!

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irrelevant View Post
    Perhaps I'm wrong- I'm already getting the sense that some of the groups (Wild Women, Jamaican WaterSlide) are already resigned to the inevitability of switching to H2.

Folks- we as consumers ought to have a little more influence than this. I see some of the disappointment in the comments that many have posted, but am I alone in being the only one who wants to protest this stupid move and take my repeat business elsewhere?

Does anyone on this forum believe for a second that StupidClubs is going to get more than 50% capacity at a SuperDuperFun resort that promises absolutely NO FUN?
    I have to say im with you on this one. I will not say I will never go to hedo II but I think it is sad that superclubs thinks that they can raise the price of rooms now that we don't have 3 to make more money off the hedo people. The rooms are old out of date and very small. So charge us more for what... WTF and to think that we will just all move because it is the only place that you can get that wild.

Think again superclubs
    CJ and Rebelwolf
    AKA Carolyn and Dave

www.wildwomenvacations.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D&T View Post
    Actually I agree with Mr. Irrelivent, We are scheduled to go to Hedo 3 in January , have booked non-refundable tickets and paid for the room of our choice. It was going to be a anniversaryfor us (32) years and we were meeting friends we met on our past trips to Hedo 3. One of the couples are coming back from duty in Afganistan and already booked with us. Of course they do not know the new developments and I am not going to tell them they will find out when they return in December. I am disgusted by "higher ups" handleing of this matter with rumors flying everywhere and most important TAKING OUR MONEY WHEN THEY NEW WHAT WAS COMING. Probably the worst management skills I have ever heard of. They TOOK OUR MONEY ANYWAY (I can't get past that one). I will not comment on Hedo2 because I have never been there and what I heard is just heresay. What I do know is that Hedo 3 had a vibe Hedo 2 I assume has a vibe and if you believe rumors it is not the same vibe. One of the reasons we chose Hedo 3 was because of the privacy. I do not want to be naked in the water with a bunch of kids or older fcks looking at me from another resort. We didn't want the congestion of a bigger city. Oh well that's my tale of woe and I am really let down by the whole fcking thing. Don't know what we are going to do but somehow we are going on vacation somewhere after I GET OUR MONEY! And fight with the airlines.
    I agree that it was unethical for Superclubs to continue to book rooms beyond the date when they knew it would be something very different on the date being reserved. This is especially true when, as you said, there was nonrefundable airfares involved as well. Superclubs can make good on the money they accepted for a resort that won't be there on the dates reserved, but they are leaving their customers holding the bag on the airfares.

Let me clarify something. You will not be "naked in the water with a bunch of kids or older fcks looking at me from another resort". The H2 nude beach is not visible from any other resort. It is at the very end of 7 Mile Beach. The property that is next door to the nude area has it's own nude beach but in three trips I have yet to see anyone on it, but if they do go there, they'll be nude too. I have never seen a child anywhere near the beach at H2, even on the prude side. In fact, I have never seen a child anywhere while at H2. Sandals, which is adjacent to H2 on the other side is a long way from the nude beach and pool area. Occasionally some adult guests from Sandals will stroll along the beach to the nude side as they are allowed to do because in Jamaica all beaches are public by law. They are almost always told by security that they have to take their clothes off at the point at which the nude side starts. That turns most of them around. To those that get naked and come onto the nude side, I say, "Hey! Welcome to the party"! In short, the nude area at H2 is far more secluded and private than many people here seem to think. It's never been an issue at all for us. The only "lookylews" you might encounter are the people who come by on sightseeing boats including ones from Sandals. They have to stay a certain distance off shore because there are ropes out there and they tend to just slow down, let the people see the "Zoo" (as H2 is known in Jamaica) and then they move on. These little boat sightings can actually be fun. Last August someone brought a giant blow up penis and put it on the "hook" (see my avatar) and every time one of the boats came buy a group of women ran out to the point (and the penis) and began riding it. It never got old and was funny every time it happened. It is also customary for people to wave at the people in the boats, jump up and down and get crazy. Also very funny. I often wonder why Sandals does this because I know if I was on that boat, I would look at what was going on and wonder what the hell was I doing at Sandals!

I see both sides of this as im sure most do. It doesn't sit well regardless. I can understand the business end of this from a SC POV. So i guess i understand. That being said it doesnt mean we have to take it. I just might be priced out of H2 by this move. I have never been to another resort. We did hedo three years ago as a once in a lifetime big deal. well weve been to both and are on our way back a 3rd time. Hedo isnt a discount resort as it stands, and I may just be forced to consider alternatives.
    I'm wondering how feasible it would be for the major groups/ travel agents to pull there resources, and find a resort that is willing to cater to the groups. A smaller perhaps even mom and pop establishment that would love to just rent the whole place out for a week. A complete takeover. you get a few groups to do that instead of bowing to SC or settling for desires etc, and you've made a point. If this is an economic decision let them watch their dollars go elsewhere. Maybe for a year or two you have to settle for an alternative. otherwise you just have to settle for whatever they decide to do from here on out. price hikes, more restrictions, who knows?
    Closing a hedo resort has an entirely different impact than closing any other resort. How many people would give a damn if a breezes got rebranded? By closing H3 they stepped on the toes of probably some of the most loyal travelers in the world. H3 was home for many as i feel that way about H2. No one is returning home to a breezes or the like.
    This just occurred to me. Did they even try their best to save hedo? I have never seen a mainstream ad for hedo. perhaps before sinking all this money and resources into this decision they could have put up some billboards, or something,maybe some radio ads. Hedos always been a kinda secret. Id rather they tried to publicize themselves some before giving up.
    whew!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast