Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Single woman traveling alone -- some questions :)

Quote Originally Posted by Moorerotic View Post

Whether anyone here wants to admit it or not, there are women who go to Hedo and are virtually ignored for a week.

Agreed!
    It doesnt matter if you are a couple, single male or a single female, If you dont "fit in" at home, you might not fit in at Hedo.

Just from the short blurbs you have written here, Im sure you will do just fine.
    Have a great trip!

Cheers
    ScubaSteve
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

We were there with Bibabe ScubaSteve Mac r a and lots of other wonderfull people for our first time. You will find that everyone is very nice and respectfull. We met a couple of single women who had no problem making friends. That being said, I don't think anyone had a problem with it. The best part of our trip was the people and we wish you the same. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    I have to be the voice of reason here.

If you look like a fair approximation of the female in NorthernBoy's avatar (the delightful Sandy, I'm guessing) then you will be treated like royalty, UNTIL you do something that shows you don't deserve to be treated like royalty.

How much a single women is treated like royalty is definitely a sliding scale based on how attractive you are physically and your personality.

Whether anyone here wants to admit it or not, there are women who go to Hedo and are virtually ignored for a week.
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. They may be ignored by some, but we never ignore anyone who is friendly and fun and they are always welcome to come on over and be part of whatever we're doing with whomever we're doing it. I agree with you that personality makes a big difference in one's hedo experience whether you're a single male, single female or couple, but physical appearance isn't nearly as big a factor as you imply, at least not to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBoy View Post
    I have never found it easier to make friends than naked in Jamaica!

NB
    Never thought I would quote myself before... Maybe it is easy to make friends because I am with Sandy naked in Jamaica...

it is what it always is and always will be; an individual thing. what applies to some may not apply to u! tho u hear of single people "this" and "that", the bottom line is still it is what U make of it. often times i think too much is made of this single-guest stuff, it's being over-thought and over-analysed.

hedo is NOT a swingers club, therefore much, if not all, of the rules of such a place do not exists at hedo. u do NOT get seated at dinner, u are NOT guided where to go or what to do. there are NO rules other than the ones u make for yourself.

all these "single" people threads i s'pose are good for those who really need it or want it an opinion or advice, but it really boils down to simply being yourself. if u're a nice, social, respectful, polite, and fun-loving person, u will THRIVE at hedo. if u are an obstinate, arrogant, rude, pompous, and ugly (on the inside) person, then your hedo experience will probably be a miserable one.

these "self-help" threads basically serve no purpose IF u have to fabricate who u really are, in that if u can't simply be your self, then that means u will be struggling to be someone u are not. "niceness" and "respect" cannot be learned and instituted based on some words on a thread about single folk; it's something that u either are or are not. so i don't see how a person who is NORMALLY a jerk can suddenly change based on what he (she) reads on a post about single guests, particularly the males.

i get the sense that u are a "kind" and "sincere"person based on your initial inquiry and subsequent responses, and therefore i am CONFIDENT that just being yourself will serve u very well. hedo people are an inviting people..........literally minutes into your first foray in the nude pool experience, u will feel right at "home", i'm certain..........watch how short a time it will take before u are exchanging names and places of origins with other butt nekkid folk, and dining plans easily fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBoy View Post
    If I may comment on this... (I found your last post funny by the way) I personally think the only way anyone would get ignored by everyone for the week is if they had NO personality or a POOR personallity.

Even if they didn't look like the hottest person around a cheerful, polite, person who is willing to talk will make lot's of friends. I have never found it easier to make friends than naked in Jamaica!

NB
    That's exactly what I'm talking about, NB. Everybody rolls out the "Unicorns" and "Women are Queens at Hedo" talk as if all it takes is having a vagina, and that really isn't true.

If a woman is hot, and has a shit personality she can still be pretty popular at Hedo. If a woman has a kick ass personality and is physically unattractive she can still do well at Hedo. If the personality and physically beauty are so-so, AND the woman is waiting around all week for her tiara and red carpet to arrive because SOMEONE ON 4HEDO told her it would, she could have a very lonely week. Women have actually come on 4hedo and said this!

A single woman who looks like Sandy is a Unicorn, and single woman who looks like Sandy plus 200 lbs is not a Unicorn. Just being honest.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

Quote Originally Posted by charlntai View Post
    all these "single" people threads i s'pose are good for those who really need it or want it an opinion or advice, but it really boils down to simply being yourself. if u're a nice, social, respectful, polite, and fun-loving person, u will THRIVE at hedo. if u are an obstinate, arrogant, rude, pompous, and ugly (on the inside) person, then your hedo experience will probably be a miserable one.

these "self-help" threads basically serve no purpose IF u have to fabricate who u really are, in that if u can't simply be your self, then that means u will be struggling to be someone u are not. "niceness" and "respect" cannot be learned and instituted based on some words on a thread about single folk; it's something that u either are or are not. so i don't see how a person who is NORMALLY a jerk can suddenly change based on what he (she) reads on a post about single guests, particularly the males.

Very well said!
    Ive tried to make this point in other threads, just not as eloquently as you have.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks again to everyone who responded. I normally do find it easy to meet people and I truly enjoy talking to people so it's reassuring to discover that it wouldn't be that different at Hedo. I have just booked 3 days at Hedo3 (at the end of the day, availability determined which resort) starting tomorrow. I know, last minute! :-) Thanks again, I feel so much more comfortable about everything, thanks to your kind and quick replies. I'll post again when I get back!

A single woman who looks like Sandy is a Unicorn, and single woman who looks like Sandy plus 200 lbs is not a Unicorn. Just being honest.
    I would have to disagree.
    Now Im not saying my fellow Hedonists are blind to physical attributes, but I do think that a 200 lb plus person, or single female as you are referring to, with a great personality will have a great vacation and meet and make friends with no problem.

I would go as far as saying my fellow Hedonists are less shallow than the average WalMart shoppers that are always referred to here in the forum.

SunandSand.
    I have no idea what you look like, but go and have a great vacation with people who are less judgemental than the people you work with, shop with and drive next to on the highway.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Quote Originally Posted by CandG View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. They may be ignored by some, but we never ignore anyone who is friendly and fun and they are always welcome to come on over and be part of whatever we're doing with whomever we're doing it. I agree with you that personality makes a big difference in one's hedo experience whether you're a single male, single female or couple, but physical appearance isn't nearly as big a factor as you imply, at least not to most people.
    Again my argument is that Female = Vagina = Instant Love at Hedo, is nonsense.

Some women are not attractive, NOT FRIENDLY, NOT FUN, AND THEY GO TO HEDO. They go to hedo expecting to be treated like queens BECAUSE THAT TREATMENT HAS BEEN CLAIMED ON 4HEDO (just because they are female) and that treatment never arrives.

Physical appearance doesn't matter in terms of making friends, but it does matter in terms of who you have sex with.

My argument is with the implication that some folks on 4hedo give that a single woman doesn't have to bring anything to the table other than owning a vagina.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

Quote Originally Posted by SunAndSand View Post
    Hi -- I've been searching the forums and while I see a lot about single guys, I haven't seen much about single women.

So, I'm a single woman in my 30's, planning to go to H2 for the very first time. Mostly, I want to do nude sunbathing and meet fun people. Anything else would be nice and a bonus.

So I guess I had some questions -- what is the experience like at H2 as a single woman? And I was going to just stay in the cheapest room (garden view, prude) and walk over to the nude side for, well, everything :-) -- is that doable? And at meal times, since I don't know anyone, can I ask the hostess to seat me with other single folks or is that really not an option?

Sorry for so many questions -- appreciate any info!
    You will not have a problem at H2 or for that matter I doubt H3. As far as at meal time just ask and I doubt anyone would turn you down to sit with them, it is very laid back and friendly atmosphere. Have fun, you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
    Very well said!
    Ive tried to make this point in other threads, just not as eloquently as you have.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve
    i have read your posts and basically only echoing your own thoughts. i found the latest one initiated a day or so ago amusing, but at the same time understand that tho some posts may not be beneficial to me, there's still others who might get something from it. this one just seemed more "sincere" for some reason. glad to be on the same page!

I will agree with the fact that no matter what you look like your personality will define you and the kind of time you have. You could be the most beautiful woman in the world but if your personality is that of someone who believes she is gods gift then you will find yourself very alone. But on the other hand you could be a very large person and have the best oersonality in the world and I will gurantee that you will have the time of your life. Now it seems to me that you sound like a wonderful person who seems to have a great personality so you go have a great time and make some new lifelong friends...no matter your size or shape!
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

Not to come off as obnoxious (sorry if I do!) but I don't usually need lots of people to find me attractive to have a good time. I'd describe myself as perfectly average looking --some people find me attractive, some don't but we can still have fun conversations anyway . I have no problems saying 'No' in a polite way or *ahem* saying 'yes' enthusiastically. So yeah, I'm thrilled to be able to go somewhere where I can be nude in the pool/beach, talk to people, wear lingerie to meals and hopefully make new friends to have dinner with.

Quote Originally Posted by SunAndSand View Post
    Not to come off as obnoxious (sorry if I do!) but I don't usually need lots of people to find me attractive to have a good time. I'd describe myself as perfectly average looking --some people find me attractive, some don't but we can still have fun conversations anyway . I have no problems saying 'No' in a polite way or *ahem* saying 'yes' enthusiastically. So yeah, I'm thrilled to be able to go somewhere where I can be nude in the pool/beach, talk to people, wear lingerie to meals and hopefully make new friends to have dinner with.

You will fit in perfectly then and have a blast!!!!!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast