Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Single woman traveling alone -- some questions :)

Smile Single woman traveling alone -- some questions :)

Hi -- I've been searching the forums and while I see a lot about single guys, I haven't seen much about single women.

So, I'm a single woman in my 30's, planning to go to H2 for the very first time. Mostly, I want to do nude sunbathing and meet fun people. Anything else would be nice and a bonus.

So I guess I had some questions -- what is the experience like at H2 as a single woman? And I was going to just stay in the cheapest room (garden view, prude) and walk over to the nude side for, well, everything :-) -- is that doable? And at meal times, since I don't know anyone, can I ask the hostess to seat me with other single folks or is that really not an option?

Sorry for so many questions -- appreciate any info!

Quote Originally Posted by SunAndSand View Post
    Hi -- I've been searching the forums and while I see a lot about single guys, I haven't seen much about single women.

So, I'm a single woman in my 30's, planning to go to H2 for the very first time. Mostly, I want to do nude sunbathing and meet fun people. Anything else would be nice and a bonus.

So I guess I had some questions -- what is the experience like at H2 as a single woman? And I was going to just stay in the cheapest room (garden view, prude) and walk over to the nude side for, well, everything :-) -- is that doable? And at meal times, since I don't know anyone, can I ask the hostess to seat me with other single folks or is that really not an option?

Single guy here who has only been to H3,

Stay in the cheap room. You wont be spending much time there.
    For meals, ask to sit with anyone you see, I bet you wont be turned down and you will, I am sure, be made many offers for dinner during the day.

You my dear are the elusive Unicorn. Often talked about, but rarely seen.
    Dont worry about asking the Hostess for assistance, the single guys will find you.

Cheers

ScubaSteve
    Last edited by ScubaSteve; 05-08-2010 at 04:11 PM.
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

And many couples as well!
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

Thanks so much, ScubaSteve and bibabe. That makes me feel less nervous!

I seen a few single ladies when I was at H3 last week, and so long as you go with no expectations you will do great. Spend lots of time in the pool and hottub and you will make lots of friends if you are outgoing and not shy. Hedo people are some of the freindliest people in the world. You will have a blast!!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I am starting to wonder -- Is Hedo3 better than 2 for a single woman?

Iknow that the three of us Scubasteve mac r a and ourselves have only been to H3. But I think I can speak for all when I say that wether you are a single woman, man or a couple any Hedo you will feel welcomed....It is just the fact that you are a single woman that makes you very very welcome by all.
    So do whatever it takes

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012

All the single men will chase you as well as every couple...won't matter which resort ..either one you will be a very popular person!
    So do whatever it takes

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012

Another single guy, here, who has also only gone to H3.

Yes, get the cheap room. H3 is a smaller resort so everything is close to everything. H2 is bigger but the walk should only be a problem if you have mobility issues.

The seating in the main dining area is first come first served, and the hostess isn't going to know everyone's single or coupled status. Just ask if a seat is available and generally the answer will be, yes.

At hedo the "red carpet" is definitely rolled out for younger attractive females, but you can say that about ANY place. For older, less attractive, women how much "red carpet" treatment you get is based on your personality.

I doubt seriously that singles are treated differently based upon whether they are at H2 or H3. I do think the Clothing Optional aspect of the Quad is a big draw for younger women, who despite being young and attractive, also have the most body hang-ups.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

I am starting to wonder -- Is Hedo3 better than 2 for a single woman?
    If I may give some input without being over zealous because we are talking to a single lady. Please understand that you are in the minority when it comes to the three categories.

--- Couples, Single Men, Single Woman.... ---

So some people can tend to get a little excited to here of your visit.

Take their enthusiasm for what it is... enthusiasm... There isn't any evil plot or shady deals being worked out. Every time we have been to the Hedos the single ladies are treated like royalty. So go and enjoy.

What I would suggest if you are truly nervous? Would be to message some of the other single ladies on this site that have Hedo experience. I am sure they will be willing to help you as well. And when you do post on the threads (which you are certainly welcome to do) realize that you will encounter some youthful enthusiasm like you did earlier in this thread. Especially until you establish yourself as a regular here.

Have fun researching and feel free to ask questions.

NB

Thanks, guys! I am planning on being nude at the pool and beach -- I'm long past the point of body hang ups! :-) That's 90% of the reason I'm going, actually. Well, if I'm staying on the prude side, I'll cover up-- towel should be fine, right? ;-) -- till I get to the nude side.

I have to be the voice of reason here.

If you look like a fair approximation of the female in NorthernBoy's avatar (the delightful Sandy, I'm guessing) then you will be treated like royalty, UNTIL you do something that shows you don't deserve to be treated like royalty.

How much a single women is treated like royalty is definitely a sliding scale based on how attractive you are physically and your personality.

Whether anyone here wants to admit it or not, there are women who go to Hedo and are virtually ignored for a week.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

Blog Entries

You got excellent advice from NorthernBoy. Yes, a towel or sarong is fine to get from the prude to nude side at H2. Topless is ok on the H2 prude side so even bathing suit bottoms would suffice until you get to the nude beach. The walk is not all that long and you can walk along the beach which makes it an even nicer stroll. As for meeting people and dinner, this won't be difficult. As a single woman it will be even easier, but no one has any trouble meeting people at Hedo (provided they're friendly and want to meet people). Dinner won't be an issue. After a few hours at the nude pool or beach you will meet plenty of people and fall into an informal group that you will probably hang with most of your week. It will be very comfortable just going down to dinner and sitting with people you've met during the day. Every informal group always has at least one "unofficial coordinator" - someone who gets up early and makes dinnerr reservations at Martino's (formally Pastafari's) or Munsan's and will ask you to join them and their group. I fully understand your concerns, but be comfortable in the knowledge that they're unfounded. You'll have a great time and all the details that seem so significant now will take care of themselves once you're there. Getting to know people on here who are going when you are will also help you feel more comfortable. Welcome to our little "family" here and welcome to the Hedo experience.

Thanks, CandG -- that response was the deciding factor for me. I am just booking a trip with them right now at Hedo2! Thanks to everyone -- you guys are great and if most people at the resort are as friendly, I'm going to have a blast! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Moorerotic View Post
    Whether anyone here wants to admit it or not, there are women who go to Hedo and are virtually ignored for a week.
    If I may comment on this... (I found your last post funny by the way) I personally think the only way anyone would get ignored by everyone for the week is if they had NO personality or a POOR personallity.

Even if they didn't look like the hottest person around a cheerful, polite, person who is willing to talk will make lot's of friends. I have never found it easier to make friends than naked in Jamaica!

NB

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast