Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Single woman traveling alone -- some questions :)

Hi Ive been to Jamaica, and at Hedo Single women are treated very well, respectfully. Most singles are the confident independent types who like hanging out with fun groups. In my experiences with the single women they tend to get a lot of attention but everyone gives them plenty of space to enjoy all the personalities.

No Worries Mon!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
    S & S
    Im not sure how quiet a time you were looking for but next time you might want to book with, or at the same time as a group.
    I think for my first time, it was nice that it was a little quiet, you know? Aside from minor benefits (like not having to fight for beach chairs/towels/ bartender's attention), seeing the same faces around made it easier for the whole connecting-at-mealtime thing, at least for the first day or so. I think the place felt more intimate. But I can totally see how much fun it would be to go with a group you can hang out with -- so I'll just keep checking the calendar here and seeing when some of you guys are planning your next trip(s) and tag along then!

I think I mentioned in my first post that the nude sunbathing was the main draw for me -- well, I discovered I also love playing pool volleyball badly (naked), watching a sunset from a hot tub with cool people (naked), playing drinking games (naked), drinking far more than is good for me (naked), floating around in the pool (naked) -- hmmm I'm sensing a theme here...

I really just got caught up and read all the responses on the thread. I normally just ignore negativity and/or rudeness but since i started this thread for my questions, I do want to speak out about a couple of things.

Of course, I'm a newbie with only a couple posts -- if I'd been around this forum/Hedo a lot, I wouldn't *need* to write and ask basic questions. So, if people don't feel like they know me well enough to comment on the questions I asked, that's fine -- either ask me questions or stay off the thread. But I don't understand why they want to be hateful to others who do feel comfortable enough with a newbie to answer. For those who may have felt that people are being overly enthusiastic or making blanket statements or something, you might want to check some of the early posts on this thread (like NorthernBoy's first post or two) as examples of how to state that nicely and courteously.

Plus, I posted to ask people what their experiences are (which is the point of forums like this) and it's pretty condescending to tell people they can't use whatever words they want to describe what they saw/experienced! When I read "unicorn" or "royalty", I smiled. I didn't assume that *I* was guaranteed anything, because I'm a reasonable adult who understands that no one on an anonymous online forum -- or in life, for that matter -- can guarantee me anything (I mean, who thinks that?!? And if there are people who think that, they deserve whatever experiences they have). I understood those words the way the posters meant it -- partly as reassuring, partly as a reflection of the fact that single females are in such a minority (which certainly matched my experience) but that I shouldn't let this worry me with respect to the specific questions I was asking.

Again, that was great advice that I am glad I followed.
    Last edited by SunAndSand; 05-13-2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: ...

Quote Originally Posted by SunAndSand View Post
    I really just got caught up and read all the responses on the thread. I normally just ignore negativity and/or rudeness but since i started this thread for my questions, I do want to speak out about a couple of things.

Of course, I'm a newbie with only a couple posts -- if I'd been around this forum/Hedo a lot, I wouldn't *need* to write and ask basic questions. So, if people don't feel like they know me well enough to comment on the questions I asked, that's fine -- either ask me questions or stay off the thread. But I don't understand why they want to be hateful to others who do feel comfortable enough with a newbie to answer. For those who may have felt that people are being overly enthusiastic or making blanket statements or something, you might want to check some of the early posts on this thread (like NorthernBoy's first post or two) as examples of how to state that nicely and courteously.

Plus, I posted to ask people what their experiences are (which is the point of forums like this) and it's pretty condescending to tell people they can't use whatever words they want to describe what they saw/experienced! When I read "unicorn" or "royalty", I smiled. I didn't assume that *I* was guaranteed anything, because I'm a reasonable adult who understands that no one on an anonymous online forum -- or in life, for that matter -- can guarantee me anything (I mean, who thinks that?!? And if there are people who think that, they deserve whatever experiences they have). I understood those words the way the posters meant it -- partly as reassuring, partly as a reflection of the fact that single females are in such a minority (which certainly matched my experience) but that I shouldn't let this worry me with respect to the specific questions I was asking.

Again, that was great advice that I am glad I followed.
    Very glad most of us could be of assistance to you.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

That's what we are here for!!!!!
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

you will enjoy yourself at H2, just remember you will meet ppl that are nice, and want to get to know you, and you will meet ppl that tend to be aggressive (not on a bad note) though.. you will I'm sure get PLENTY of offers, some you want to take up, and some you don't...LMAO
    Don't worry about the seating, just look around and talk to people you will learn the ones you want to stick with more often and get to know.
    The pool and hot tub is a great place to meet people at night, another thing to remember is bring plenty of lighted bracelets, that is a good ice breaker for you to start conversations off with when passing them out, ooh and it's funny to see the imaginations people have when placing them on themselves. I did that one night, and sure wish I had brought more for every late night out there.
    go and have fun, it is an experience everyone needs to experience. Don't sweat the small stuff, I did but once I got there, it all worked out really great. We just back on the 6th, I wrote a report, read it if you can and hopefully it will answer any questions you may have.. ( I can't wait till we return!!)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567