Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hedo Food

The REAL Upstate New York, not anywhere near NYC

Hedo Food

I've been wondering what the food is like.

1. Im curious what the two restaurants serve
    2. What is served at the buffets
    3. How plentiful?
    4. Any good off resort eats for seafood

We cant wait for our Hedo 2 Jun30- July 8 trip
    We got the fever for the flavor of a Hedo!

Munisan is Japanese steakhouse. You get soup, which was chicken noodle last time I had it (I prefer the miso but oh well) , a small salad, a small plate of tempura veggies (Sweet tater, zuc, and something else that completely escapes me right now) and you choice of habachi terryaki styles chicken, steak, fish or shrimp.. Or a combo of a few.... Or all and dessert (Ice cream!!!) It's open air in a corner of the main buffet area.
    Martini's (formerly Pastafarie, and I will call it that forever I'm sure) has Italian. Carbonara (yum!) ,steak, and other yummy dishes I can't remember. lol. Oddly enough our huge table of 10-16 people always had the carbonara or the steak. hahaha. An antipasto station, which is good if you are there early, but we are late people. lol.
    Buffet is buffet. Breakfast rocks at the buffet. Charlie's omelette's, an egg station, BACON!, sausage, pancakes, waffles, yogurts, cereals, fruits and bread, and bacon, and the occational ackee and saltfish (which I love) . Did I say bacon???
    Lunch is great at the beach grills, burgers, grilled cheeses (with ham, bacon, tomatoes, etc) The best damn fries around, jerk chicken, and pattys (like a turnover but has meat, seasoning, and veggies. Just try it, they are good. lol.
    Dinner at the buffet is eh. Not my fav, so I try to stick with the restaurants. There is always something to nosh on, no worries.
    Seafood near by?? But of course! Cosmos up by swept away has some yummy snapper. Looking for a fancy dinner off campus check out Kuyaba or Rockhouse.
    **I'm wicked homesick**

Food and drink will be plentiful. No worries.
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/BostonMel/random%20board%20crap/crazyph.gif

www.crzyphckers.com

Can't wait to get home!!!!!

agree with CLMMAX with everything and some. we have been guests for a number of visits, and for the first time last year tried martini's (i guess formerly pastafari's) and we loved it there so much that we at there the majority of the evenings there with other friends who would make reservations. we also enjoyed the japanese restaurant as well.

the buffet is, ummm, well a buffet. nothing to go crazy over, but then again we don't come to hedo for the food. there are good days/night, and not so good, but nevertheless it meets with my expectations for the most part. what i do get frustrated with is the fact that it seemed there used to be lobster cooked on the grill served on friday night's, and we loved them so much that we would schedule our visits to include as many fridays as possible, it was so tasty, not to mention, all u can eat. *smile* in '08, none of the fridays inciuded such lobster pleasures, and in '09 only one of them. i'm hoping for better days this year.

the grills around the property are great, but we love to eat poolside at the nude bar at delroys........nuff said. the jerk chicken and cheese fries are to die far while spending some quality times with friends and drinks by scumba!

we love the fun holiday resort for meals off-site, especially their 2-for-1 lobster meals, and u can tell them specifically how to cook it, whether it be curried, or garlic or even jerk......we have seen them all. and the price is ridiculously cheap.......used to be only $25 US not including beers/beverages, but u left there fully satiated. there are others and feel free to drop us a line if u want more info! tho more pricey, u can try some of the food while at ricks as well.

just don't go there with the highest of expectation, it's not the ritz, but u won't starve either.

must. have. jerk chicken. and bring home jerk sauce.
    Charley's has awesome omelets, get there early!
    Pastafir = yum + A/C
    Munison = HOT! and yummy + show.
    evening buffet, a little of everything, there will always be at least one thing there you like.
    The grand buffet is awesome!

If you see the pasta station or the stir fry station at the dining hall, get in line immediately.
    STAT.
    ASAP.

before the line hits! and just order for the spouse. even if you're not sure they want it, order it. getting back in line is a PITA...and ask for extra meat.

The grill at the nude beach searved the best chicken as I recall at around 3pm, the line starts then though this was last year. We never missed it.

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For us, food is an afterthought, as is sleeping. The dinner buffett is the only time when finding something really good to eat is difficult. However, they always have someone slicing a baron of beef and if I can just find one other item to go with it, I'm good. Breakfast is totally good. The coffee & OJ are delightful for a hangover. Lunch at the nude grill is mostly grilled cheese and fries or a crappy burger. Then they trot out the jerk chicken, which with the jerk sauce, is superb. I'm usually so toasted by then and suffering from the munchies so bad I would eat anything, but the jerk is very good. The restaurants are OK, but I prefer to arrive around 8, grub for a few minutes and then enjoy the show and dancing.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

There are a lot of great restaurants off the resorts...some of our favorites are:

Kuyaba...on the beach (free pick up)

On the cliffs:

Xtabi - I believe they have free pick up/return as well (just tip the driver)
    Rockhouse
    LTU Pub
    Catcha Falling Star
    Liz & Chris

Oh and it's important to get your reservations early in the am as the japanese can fill up and you can miss out if you like it. I find the food OK but love the company and talk at the table.

To add to Liz's good post above...

1. Im curious what the two restaurants serve:
    Pastafari's has a nice hearty Italian menu. The top picks are Fillet, lamb chops and pasta carbonara. The apps and soup aren't worth getting IMHO.
    Munasan is ok for a faux-Benihanna experience, but forgettable from a food standpoint.

2. What is served at the buffets
    A decent basic assortment - and sometimes quite good. Breakfasts and dinners are nicely varied, with fresh and steam table stuff. Lunches are hit and miss, but there's always good stuff at the pasta station and generally at the salad bar. Plus, there's adequate grill food at the beach grills from 10am till 6pm+.

3. How plentiful? Very. You can eat almost non stop from 7am till 1am.

4. Any good off resort eats for seafood
    Yep. Liz's list is a good one. Kuyaba, Xtabi and Rockhouse all have free pickup - just call them. All are worthwhile. Xtabi's conch burger is my personal fav. Cosmos is another mainstay for seafood, which is rather close (~ 2 miles up the beach). The LTU Pub is a favorite, with superb snapper, lobster and other dishes.
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 05-12-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Liz & Chris

Blog Entries
    The last time we were in Jamaica, they only had goat's milk. Is this still the case? Also, do they serve Coke or Pepsi at Hedo 2. And, if you ask for a water, do they give you a bottle or a cup of water?

Don't know about milk...don't drink it.

Pepsi.

Cup of water (which is great to drink)...no need for plastic water bottles in JA!!! Great water there!
    Liz & Chris

Our one and only trip to H2 we stopped at beach place after I dove and since I dont eat red meat asked for a grilled cheese, and was told to go to the main dining room and get some bread and bring it back. Lol. Hoping for a better result this time.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Elle & Jaybyrd View Post
    The last time we were in Jamaica, they only had goat's milk. Is this still the case? Also, do they serve Coke or Pepsi at Hedo 2. And, if you ask for a water, do they give you a bottle or a cup of water?
    They serve cow's milk at Hedo,never have seen goat's milk there. Pepsi is their 'cola' and the water is fine to drink in the resort,you don't need bottled water.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Our one and only trip to H2 we stopped at beach place after I dove and since I dont eat red meat asked for a grilled cheese, and was told to go to the main dining room and get some bread and bring it back. Lol. Hoping for a better result this time.
    Sometimes at H2 ,you have to go get what you might want, the exersize is good for you,Cop !!

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Hey, Paul, at least they had the cheese!
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast