Thread: First timers, have a question!

Blog Entries

First timers, have a question!

Hey everyone, been reading everything on here, but havn't seen much in the way of room selection.

So, we've booked our trip. May 16-23, 2010 (Can't wait!) but is there a way to request a specific room ahead of time? We only booked a 'pool view' room, not a swim-up room, so I don't know what type to expect. Are there better areas / locations to request?

Also, is there mini bar fridge in the room?

Thanks

Based on your category selection you will be in the quad on the 2nd or 3rd floor. My feeling is all the rooms in the quad are about the same- someone may know better but I do not believe there are suites in the quad- the only difference is pool front or pool view and how many stairs you need to walk up to get to your room. You can request through your travel agent to be on a certain floor- and they may be able to help you- but it would be best to just ask again at the desk and hope.
    Nick (and the stacked Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

The beauty of Hedo III, is that all the rooms are in the same area, all clean, pretty, and about the same. Some will overlook the pool, others, the garden, which is irrelevant considering the little time you end up in your room looking out the window!;-)

I would go with the cheapest rate I can find, if I were you, as it is not worth paying for upgrades in this particular context, while it might be in other resorts, like Hedo II , where the rooms are spread out on the entire property

Blog Entries

Cool A couple of more questions....

Thank you, helps make a little nervous couple. a little less nervous.

Some other newbie questions have come to mind though...

Q. Is there REAL diet cola there? She's a diabetic, and can't have suger, so I am wondering how adept the staff are when asked for a 'diet' drink. (like Diet w/ vodka?)

Q. Is there bottled water? and is it safe to drink? (like this question hasn't been asked about a billion times before, sorry.)

Q. Is there room service?

Q. And most importantly, how is the wine? do they only serve at dinner? wouild a nice tip get some served to the room? etc.

Thanks for all your replies...

Cheers,

R&J

Happy to help with these as able!

Q. Is there REAL diet cola there? She's a diabetic, and can't have suger, so I am wondering how adept the staff are when asked for a 'diet' drink. (like Diet w/ vodka?)
    A: The fountain machines have pepsi product in them- most of JA is Pepsi product- the diet pepsi is actually diet pepsi.

Q. Is there bottled water? and is it safe to drink? (like this question hasn't been asked about a billion times before, sorry.)
    A: You can buy bottled water in the gift shop, or if you book a suite there are a couple bottles in your minifridge- the mini fridges are ONLY in the suites. The water on resort is safe to drink as it comes through the fountain machines and goes through the filter prior to coming out of the fountain dispensers- we have NEVER had nor heard of a problem with the water.

A: Continental Breakfast can be ordered by leaving your order on a provided order form outside your door before a stated time of night- we have never done it so I do not really know what time it needs to be out there.

Q. And most importantly, how is the wine? do they only serve at dinner? wouild a nice tip get some served to the room? etc.

A: We don't drink wine at all- however, we have not heard any complaints, and have friends who drink copious amounts every trip. Perhaps someone who drinks the wine can be a little more specific for you.

Hope this helps!
    Nick (and the voracious Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan&Jules View Post
    I'm going by memory here, but I seem to recall that alcohol gets converted by the body into sugar. Depending upon the severity of the diabetes this may be an issue - best to consult with your doctor before embarking on any significant drinking binges if not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hkdilbert View Post
    I'm going by memory here, but I seem to recall that alcohol gets converted by the body into sugar. Depending upon the severity of the diabetes this may be an issue - best to consult with your doctor before embarking on any significant drinking binges if not sure.
    You have enlightened me... No wonder I gain 10 lbs on the trip. The damn alcohol is part of the problem... Now I know why, here I was blaming it all on the food and it was only half the problem. Well since my goal was to only gain 5 pounds on this trip I guess I will just have to cut out eating while I am there.

NB

I've always gotten diet when asked for it. The fountain mix is a little too sweet for my taste, but it's def sugar free. If you're worried, bring drink packets (I mix my vodka the entire trip with crystal light - best decision I have ever made).

No bottled water unless you purchase it at the gift shop, but the water at the resort is fine.

Just the continental breakfast. After hours you can get a plate of mystery sandwiches and cheese from the front desk.

The wine is vile and available whenever you want it. Champagne is a little better. Just drink the first few glasses quickly and it will taste fine No clue about the rest...
    Pretty S and Billy Beards

Jul 09 - 16 20156 H2
    ______
    Jul 12 - 18 2015 H2
    ______
    Jul 12 - 19 2014 H2
    ______
    Aug 04 - Aug 11 2012 H2
    ______
    Aug 27 - Sept 04 2011 H2
    _____
    May 07 - 10 2010 H3
    Aug 14 - 21 2010 H2
    _____
    Aug 15 - 22 2009 H3
    Aug 23 - 30 2008 H3
    Sept 01 - 08 2007 H3

Blog Entries

Thanks for the tips!

Thanks everyone for the tips.... a little sad knowing that it's closing now, but imagine the last people to go? I imagine the party that week would either be crazy, or none-existent.

Anyways, still looking forward to going to the (Soon to be extinct, 'famous' Hedo3) It's almost like getting a one-of-kind... before it's gone.

For all those who were planning to go during that time....why not fast track? seats are still available on Westjest (Canucks!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan&Jules View Post
    Thanks everyone for the tips.... a little sad knowing that it's closing now, but imagine the last people to go? I imagine the party that week would either be crazy, or none-existent.

Anyways, still looking forward to going to the (Soon to be extinct, 'famous' Hedo3) It's almost like getting a one-of-kind... before it's gone.

For all those who were planning to go during that time....why not fast track? seats are still available on Westjest (Canucks!)
    I think Ryan and Jules are right.
    If I didnt just get back last week, Id book for the closeout party.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

If we knew it was closing we would have booked for the coseout party as well! We just got back Saturday ourselves. Someone have a dirty banana for us please!
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014