Thread: Confusion between various forums/threads

Confusion between various forums/threads

You see a lot of H3 threads where an H2 person chimes in mistakenly, and vice versa.

For example, the June H3 thread has a number of posts "We'll be at H2 in June from X-Y" and I'm sure that in most cases they just didn't realize they were in a thread for the resort they're not going to be at.

Any ideas on how either Chris, as the owner, or us, as a community, could make this more clear? Seems it would cut out a little bit of noise, but more importantly, would get people on the right threads so they get the responses they are looking for.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

I should follow that up to say that I don't mean to segregate the people themselves; there's plenty of information that runs common between the two, and you shouldn't be prevented from posting or anything like that. I was thinking maybe having different forums with different color schemes, or maybe some sort of background that says H3 or H2, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPanic View Post
    I should follow that up to say that I don't mean to segregate the people themselves; there's plenty of information that runs common between the two, and you shouldn't be prevented from posting or anything like that. I was thinking maybe having different forums with different color schemes, or maybe some sort of background that says H3 or H2, or something along those lines.
    Good thought Colonel

However, I think that's just part of feeling your way around these boards. Newbies will be newbies and we still love em, even if they mix up their IIIs and thier IIs

When we go to www.4hedonism.com we get a recent post page. It show the threads but not were the section where they are located. I suspect that some people click on the tread without realizing were it is located. What bothers us about seeing those folks going to H2 posting the the June 2010 H3 thread is knowing we will not be with them in June.

I can see how it is easy to get confused or just plain not pay attention. You get to reading the threads and loose track when you comment. I am on both because we have been on both resorts...

NB

Thumbs up

Looks pretty simple actually, not sure how color coding something will work if they can not at least read. A simple mistake is usually not that big of a deal on the forums, or at least it has not been that big of a deal in our experience.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

No, I certainly don't see any grumblings from forum members about how threads are accidentally hijacked. But I'd think it's better service to the community if the signal to noise ratio was improved.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPanic View Post
    No, I certainly don't see any grumblings from forum members about how threads are accidentally hijacked. But I'd think it's better service to the community if the signal to noise ratio was improved.
    The only effective way to do it would be for more active moderation and manual adjustment of the posts by the administrator. But with it appearing not to be a big problem here I just don't think that the cost:benefit ratio could be justified.

Well depending what happens with next week's "official" announcement about H3, this thread could be moot, lol.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

True, but I sincerely hope that ends up not being the case.

Could be DIF clouding judgement. And the fact some people want to brag when they are going or getting close. 26 more days till HII!!!!! WHOOO WHOOO
    I would rather have a full bottle in front of me,
    than a full frontal lobatomy!!!
    H 2 7/26-8/2

Registered User NorthernExposur's Avatar
    Colonel,
    You're posting this in the wrong spot. This thread is under the section for a "General" not a Colonel.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernExposur View Post
    Colonel,
    You're posting this in the wrong spot. This thread is under the section for a "General" not a Colonel.
    bwwwwahhhhhhhhh...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016