Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The worse review of Hedonism III i have ever read.

The worst review of Hedonism III i have ever read.

Here is the review from Trip Advisor website:

There was nothing to do, and the food selection was awful. Plus you could only eat during certain times of the day. don't believe the "24 hour Buffet Bar." It doesn't exist. Here are our complaints in detail.

Things that went wrong
    - (Flew Air Jamaica) Flight was suppose to arrive in Jamaica at 12:00 noon. The connected flight was cancelled then delayed twice. We didn’t arrive until about 8:00pm on Sunday.
    - I specifically asked for a special birthday request to be in our room when we arrived at the resort. There wasn’t nothing in the room when we arrived, and it was never mentioned until I complained about it on Wednesday. The night we arrived though, there were several other birthday celebrations going on. There was four other girls there with cakes and people sung them happy birthday, but again my husbands went unnoticed even though I made a special request for it.
    - We had the cleaning service clean our room. It wasn’t done properly. They didn’t leave any shampoo, left our dirty comforter in a chair, didn’t leave a clean comforter, and only left one clean towel. I called the front desk twice to get someone to bring us the things we needed. Finally was told by the front desk that I needed to call the cleaning service and tell them. The lady came with shampoo, but still had to wait for my towel and comforter. Had to wait an hour and half for my shampoo and towel so I could take a shower, and she didn’t even make the bed once she brought the comforter we had to put it on the bed ourselves.
    - Husband was constantly pressured by bartenders to drink alcohol, after being told several times that he doesn’t drink. One bartender in particular refused to make a drink with no alcohol in it. We had to ask her five times before she finally made it. After blatantly refusing to make it.
    - We went to the reggae café and ordered a hot dog. They told us they didn’t have one but could get one in five minutes. We told no that’s ok, but we will be back tomorrow for it. When we went back the next day, they told us that they didn’t have any. (more about this latter)
    - We went to do the glass bottom boat tour on Tuesday. We were waiting along with another couple. The tour guide came up to us and told us we would have to wait for another couple to join us. We all acknowledge him by shaking our heads “ok”. For some reason the guide singled out my husband and asked him “did you understand what I said? Do you speak English??” then he got directly in my husband’s face and asked him with hostility again “Do you understand English?” then he asked me “Does he understand English?” I said he understands English. So he left and the other couple was as confused as us and said “what was that all about. What was his problem?” (referring to the guide.) we were just like.. Beats us, but we let it go.
    - Then on the boat tour the guides were telling my husband to get up and walk around to the other side of the boat so he could see. He told them, no that’s ok I’m fine here. So then the same guide that got in his face told him “ Oh, look at solder boy, he is just here for the ride.” taunting him like that for no reason. But, again we let it go.

First Final straw

- They called us at 9:00am on Wednesday morning after we had been out all night until 4:00 in the morning. To tell us that our “do not disturb” sign was on the door and they needed to clean our room due to hotel policy (they had just cleaned it the day before and should have remembered due to my continuous calling to get what I needed)

We complained to guest services on Wednesday

We explained all the above things. She said he didn’t get his birthday request because we didn’t fill out the card right when we got there. (but it was on our itinerary that we gave them when we checked in. It was also on her notes in her computer) She said she would personally fix the hot dog issue, and called the reggae bar and told them that were going to go back for our hotdogs, so they should have them ready for us. She also told us that we shouldn’t have waited so long to complain. We told her that we were just trying to see if things were going to get better before we complained. But, things were getting worse instead of better, so we finally decided to complain. She said she would look into our complaints and speak with the staff. She then asked to speak with my wife alone. She was going to do a private dinner for my birthday and to make up for all the problems that we were having. My wife asked her if they could just give us a voucher for the ATV ride. Because, we had done it on Tuesday and knew it would relieve stress and was something that she knew I would like to do again. The Guest services lady told her that they couldn’t get us a voucher for the ATV’s because they are independent and not related to the resort, so they can’t make arrangements for that, but could do the private dinner.

- We continued to talk to her for about 10 more minutes, then we got our drinks for our hotdogs and went back to the Reggae Café to eat them. When we got back to the café (which is on the opposite side of the resort) They told us they had the hotdogs now but they didn’t have any hotdog buns. There were laughing the whole time and telling us we could put them on hamburger buns. (mind you this is our second trip all the way back to the café and it was already called in and told that we could have them) they said, yeah you can have them.. But it’s going to be another 10 minutes until we will get the buns. It felt like they were just playing games and laughing at us.

We were upset by this point after being led on a wild goose chase for a hotdog. We decided to go back to the guest services lady and ask her if they were playing games with us, and we wanted to speak with the general manager. We were then led to what we were told was the general manager and explained everything that had happened up to this point. He apologized for everything and told us that he would look into it. We told him that we didn’t want the private dinner , we just wanted to be left alone, so we could finish our trip and just go back home.

- We went back to our room to cool off and received a phone call. My wife answered and it was the guest services lady. My wife said hello, the guest services lady then said, “You didn’t do the ATV ride, you did the Buggy Rides on Tuesday.” My wife said, “oh, yeah that’s right I’m sorry, I got it mixed up.” Then the guest services lady just hung up the phone. We were like.. Uh ok, so you called my room to tell me that I told you the wrong thing and then just hung the phone up on me. Dune buggies are ATV’s but why call my room to tell me what I did.. And then hang up on me.
    - Still Wednesday after we made our complaints to guest services- We kept our “Do Not Disturb” sign on our door until we wanted our room cleaned. During the day they came in our room ignoring the sign, to put a refrigerator in our room.
    - We went out Wednesday night, woke up Thursday morning and noticed they had ignored the “Do Not Disturb” sign again. The came in and put a bucket of ice with champagne and fruit in our room. Again, my husband doesn’t drink and they have been pressuring him to drink.. So they bring us champagne?? Also, they put the champagne bucket on top of his expensive dress shirt. A $150 shirt and they put a bucket of champagne on it. The ice melted and drenched the shirt.

We decided to complain to guest services again, once we saw that they had ignored the “Do Not Disturb” sign twice in one day after we told them we just wanted to be left alone. She is getting upset too at this point. My husband is telling her how they should just leave us alone, quit going in our room without our permission, and just let us finish our trip. She gets loud with him trying to cut him off while he is speaking saying “Mr. Boyd, Mr. Boyd..” over and over. Then she says we should speak with her general manager again. My husband said “fine, I would like to speak with him.” She said, “He is not in right now.“He asked her when he would be in.. she laughs and tells him “he is the general manager, he doesn’t have a schedule“. So my husband says you should have some idea when he is usually in the office. She goes to the back offices and doesn’t come back out. We ask the front desk if she knew when the General Manager would be in. She tells us he is in his office, and we are led in to see him. (Before we began to explain all our issues, my husband explained to the general manager and to the Guest services lady that he gets loud sometimes when he gets excited and is trying to explain things. He said he doesn’t mean anything by it.. He just naturally does this.)

- We were directed to a different office than the one on Wednesday. So we pointed out the guy that we spoke with on Wednesday, and told the general manager that we thought this other guy was the general manager, cause that was what we were told on Wednesday. He said no that is the food manager. So we wasted our whole time on Wednesday on someone that couldn’t fix our complaints and again given the runaround by being told the food manager was the general manager.

We told the real general manager our complaints and explained everything that had happened. He listened to everything we had to say then told us he would look into it, and try to make things right with us.

- The resort has self service drink machines and also has larger water glasses on the tables. My husband likes to mix two of the sodas together to make a certain drink and would always use the water glass from the table, because there were never any glasses at the self service machine. They constantly gave us trouble about taking the water glasses. One waitress in particular yelled at him across the entire buffet area and told him “put my glass down!” Causing everyone to look at us and causing an embarrassing scene.. When all he was wanting to do was mix his drink at the self service soda machine. We were constantly having to get our own silverware, and they never said a word about that.
    - Tuesday (the second day at the resort) we asked a worker if we could walk through the nude area if we had our clothes on. Cause the sign was a little unclear. The sign states “Nude Area” “ No cameras or filming beyond this point” so I asked the worker if it means it is only for nude people, and we can’t walk through cause we have clothes on.? Or does it mean nude area and is for caution that nude people are in the area stay in the clothing optional area if you don’t want to see nude people? The worker said.. “Yeah you can go on that side in your clothes. It just means that nude people are in the area.” so we thanked him and went on our way. Everyday after that we would walk to the dock and look for crabs. No one ever had a problem with it until Thursday. The security lady came up to us while were looking for crabs and told us we had to leave the area because we were in that area for too long with our clothes on. Several other guests were walking by in their clothes and there was never a problem. Not to mention we had been going in that area since Tuesday without any problems.

The next day we were eating and the general manager came to us and asked if he could join us. We told him sure. He told us that he has looked into our complaints, and they decided that they would do more training with their workers to fix future problems. He asked us if we would ever consider coming back to Hedo II. We told him, no, we would never come back. He offered us a free three night stay at any of the other Super Clubs of our choice and would extend the offer for two years. He said that he would make all the arrangements. We told him that we wouldn’t mind going somewhere else, as long as it wasn’t Hedo. Also, we asked him about the sign stating “nude area” no cameras or filming.“ so we could fully understand the clothing issue. He told us we didn’t have access to the nude area with clothes on.. So we stopped going to that area.

Problems with the club are still continuing.

- One worker was making vulgar actions to my wife. He was waving at her from behind the stage to get her attention, then he was making motions like he was having sex, then proceeded to act like he was masturbating and ejaculating all over the place. There were also other comments made to her about her private parts that were also uncalled for.

Saturday, we decided we needed to get out of the resort for awhile and relieve some stress. We went to Dunn River Falls. We came back and recorded areas of the resort where we saw other people recording. (No where near the nude area or the sign that states nor cameras or filming) We saw lots of other guests recording the shows and events that the workers held. Ex. Wet tee shirt contest, games and events in the show stage, pool activities, and people taking pictures all over the resort of there husbands/wives etc. Right in front of management. And no one ever told them that there were not suppose to be filming. So we thought it was ok too. So, we were recording for our last day and when this one worker (the same one that was acting like he was masturbating) came up to us and got in my husbands face telling him that he couldn’t film. He was yelling at my husband, right up in his face, and telling him that he was going to get security. He then runs off to get security, so my husband and I go to the office also. We were explaining what had happened to the guest services lady and others. They asked us who had gotten in his face, and he described what he looked like. They kept asking, who was it.. What did he look like. So he said the one that is wearing something kinda like a diaper. Diaper Boy. So she sent us to the General Manager again. We are telling him what had happened. The general manager tells us that we should have went to an orientation meeting. So we could understand how everything works at the resort. He told him.. We didn’t get anything that said there was an orientation. The general manager told him, it is in the envelop we gave you when you checked in. My husband told him.. “I’m on vacation and didn’t read all the paper work in the envelop. I don’t read when I’m on vacation. I came to relax.” the general manager goes on explaining about the orientation. I told him.. That we should have been told earlier about an orientation class, and would have gladly went if we had been notified, since things were not clearly stated. Then my husband told the general manager that they should have no camera signs put in ALL the areas were they don’t want anything recorded.. Not just were the nude area is. They have a sign there, so of course we know not to record there.. So we didn’t. he said again, just put signs were you don’t want people recording if there is going to be a problem. Then the general manager was twisting my husband‘s words around by saying… “ you said you don’t read though. Why should we put up signs.. You said you don’t read.” And was smirking at my husband the whole time after twisting his words around and basically calling him illiterate. So naturally it made my husband angry. The general manager then told us “ obviously you don’t fit in here at this club, and we can’t meet your standards.. So I will put you up at one of the other super clubs for the night and you can leave on your flight in the morning.” My husband told him “No. I paid for the night here, so that’s where I’m going to stay until my flight in the morning. It should be my choice if I am going to stay here the night or go somewhere else untill tomorrow. ” “Then said you know what.. I don’t want to be here anyway, and would gladly go somewhere else.“ Naturally my husband was upset at this point. The general manager then told my husband that he was being loud and needed to leave immediately. He followed us out of the office. As we were leaving I heard him telling the front desk that we were going to be checking out.

My husband and I went back to our room and packed our bags. We came back to the front desk with all our belongings. The front desk then asked us what we needed, and was acting like they knew nothing about it. We told the front desk that the general manager was suppose to be putting us at a different resort for the night until our flight in the morning. They kept acting like they knew nothing about it, and got other managers involved, making us wait with all our stuff the whole time. They took our keys and kept trying to figure out what was going on. They then told us that the general manager never agreed to put us at any other resort, but that he wants us to leave his property. We told them.” what are we suppose to do, our flight is tomorrow morning?” They said” You will have to find somewhere else to go for the night. We don’t care what you do.. You just need to get off the property.” My husband asked, “what are we being kicked out for?” The guest services lady said we were being kicked out because were being disruptive. No guests ever complained on us. Every time we were in the office was because we chose to make a complaint. And the only time my husband got loud was when they said things to make him angry. He was simply explaining things that were going wrong in a loud tone, which he explained in our previous meeting. But, he also gets upset when he is constantly getting cut off and his words twisted around and being called illiterate.

I told them.. “Fine but you owe us shuttle transportation back to the airport, because we already paid for that.” they said, “You will have to pay for your own taxi.” We had to argue back and forth for them to get us a shuttle. Finally my husband spoke with the security guy and told him that they need to at least give us a shuttle back to the airport. He told the security guy that he needed to at least speak to the general manager and honor the shuttle voucher back to the airport. The security guy spoke with the general manager and came back and told us that they would give us our transportation back to the airport.

- The shuttle driver was putting our bags in the shuttle. My husband said..” I want to make sure this is clear to the shuttle driver what is going on so he isn’t going to charge us once we get to the airport.” Then he told the shuttle driver that the resort is suppose to be paying for the shuttle. The driver looks confused, and said” what.. No I don’t know anything about it.. Let me check with the resort and see what is going on.” so then and only then, he came back with the voucher that states he is being paid for the trip. The driver latter told us that they were going to make us pay for the shuttle and didn’t mention to him that they were paying for it.

Worst so called vacation ever!! I wouldn't even recomend it to a worst enemy (if I had one)

Wow...

Source: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT
    Last edited by bakedclay; 05-01-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: i can't spell.

Damn go all the way to Jamaica for vacation and they don't have a hot dog..........wow would piss me off too

I guess I'd have to agree... I've never been able to get a hot dog either...what ever...
    Having been there for the grand opeing...some 13 years ago...can't say I've had a bad vacation...

Having been there with numerous groups such as the cave dwellers, www, quadsquad, etc...even quiet times... I think the biggest annoyance was finding towels for the pool...figured that out...tip the attendant...towels galore in our room daily...

For those of you that haven't tried it...tip the ones in control...ec's, room attendants, head dining attendant, bar tenders, and the chef...They will shower you with attention and service your every need. A few bucks go a long way...

We haven't been back in a few years...trying other places to compare...Hedo III is still the best... however, who are the EC's now? Who's in the piano bar...Damn we miss Glenn...

Danny~Heidi

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    Damn go all the way to Jamaica for vacation and they don't have a hot dog..........wow would piss me off too
    lol...now that's funny!!!

roflmao - i just read that trip report on trip adviser today. the whole time i kept reading to see if they were just being weird picky or what. the only conclusion i could come to (b/c some of the things were way out there (like not being able to get a non alcoholic drink - there were TONS of times we went to the bar and got nonalcoholic drinks and not knowing the difference b/w the food service manager and the general manager) was that this is some made up B.S. planted from some competitor resort.
    Last edited by aliyt; 05-01-2010 at 03:53 PM.

We've been reading TripAdvisor for years. One thing you quickly learn is that every property is going to have some really bad reviews. They can have a staff of 50 just for one guest and someone will say the service was awful. When I read reviews like this, especially if they are inconsistent with many other reviews, I discard them completely as outliers.

First, there is a chance this review is made up, all or in part, on purpose. They got there and had some problems, maybe of their own doing (it rather sounds like it). They are mad at the resort, so they embellish the story a bit, adding details that enhance the dramatic effect. Sometimes you can even read between the lines to see that the most trivial is right up there with the extreme (hot dogs?). And, I would not be surprised if the entire trip did not even exist. There are those who write bad reviews on TripAdvisor because they object to the property (and Hedo is likely to get some of those) or just are jerks. Also, some reviews are posted deliberately to impact the popularity index and average reviews. TripAdvisor had to actively search these reviews out and flag them or remove them.

Or, this all may really have happened as they said, at least from their point of view. They may remember it all this way. I'll bet the manager and other guests will have a different memory. Sort of the Rashomon effect, Hedo style.

Much of this review seems to indicate hostile treatment by Hedo employees. We've been to II twice and are heading to III shortly and employees have always been as nice as can be. But, there are those who bring out the worst in anyone. I'll bet this was much of the problem. If you go somewhere and have a bad attitude, it will eventually rub off.

Quote Originally Posted by aliyt View Post
    roflmao - i just read that trip report on trip adviser today. the whole time i kept reading to see if they were just being weird picky or what. the only conclusion i could come to (b/c some of the things were way out there (like not being able to get a non alcoholic drink - there were TONS of times we went to the bar and got nonalcoholic drinks and not knowing the difference b/w the food service manager and the general manager) was that this is some made up B.S. planted from some competitor resort.
    More than likely they are extremely picky or it is a post by another resort in my opinion... these extreme reports are always so extreme they can't be rational..

NB

Quote Originally Posted by Danny~Heidi View Post
    For those of you that haven't tried it...tip the ones in control...ec's, room attendants, head dining attendant, bar tenders, and the chef...They will shower you with attention and service your every need. A few bucks go a long way...
    I've heard many times that this can get employees fired at the SuperClubs resorts.

That may be so...but we asked the GM and he said it was fine...not expected, but fine...We use to bring gifts, but found money was much more appreciated as they are paid a minimum wage....not US minimum...Jamaican minimum...

Danny~Heidi

Another thing that irks me about some people and their reviews... They don't take into account they are in a totally different culture in a country that really does well to cater to our needs and wishes while we are there. This isn't a rich country with a sophisticated infrastructure and 5 star hotels all over the place. Based on what their resources are and the job they do despite of this it amazes me how well they do.

Our stays have always been above average. And I have had plenty of crappy hotel stays here in the US. Most of them great but some terrible and much worse than anything I have experience in Jamaica!

NB

First I would like to say that the exact same thing happened to us on all 10 of our visits to Hedo 3 and the 3 visits to Hedo 2...Second I would like to say that my statement above is bullshite...just like the review above...we personally know not only Christine the Guest Services gal, but the GM Lance too..both would go out of their way to ensure that all the crap posted was handled fast and to the satisfaction of the guest...just about the only thing I read that was true...they can not comp for the outside vendors, the rest I call bullshit on...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

I want my FUCKING HOTDOG.
    First Trip H3- March 2010
    Second Trip - Not soon enough

Hot dogs and Complainers

We just returned from Hedo III, our first visit...it was amazing!

Seems to me that hotdogs were available at the nude pool "Nudie Grill" you could get nachos, hamburgers, grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken breast sandwiches...guess this couple were too prude to try it out!

The food was excellent, we learned that the head chef is from Niagara Falls Ontario, Canada...we had non-alcohol drinks and they were served with a smile.

When we arrived we filled in a card with our birth dates and such...a cake was in our room 3 days before my boyfriends birthday...but, it took us until his birthday to eat it all...how many places do you know hear in North America go out of their way to recognize a celebration.

We were amazed by the staff...they were there when I was up for my early morning coffee and still there when we decided to head to bed at 3 am...these guys work very long hours...we learned that most of them get paid approx $30.00 US a week, we don't know for sure but we were told by another guest in our group.

What other country in the world do you know that children have to rent shoes by the day just to go to school?

We joined a group when we went...when we had issues we took it to them and they talked to management on our behalf.

Our holiday was wonderful and I have to say that we came home with wonderful memories...we can't wait to return next year!

Loki and Roxy

Well. Now I see where we went wrong with our most fabulous trip last Sept to Hedo III.
    We didn't go on my birthday (March) and I didn't want a FRIKIN HOT DOG!!!!!! (My wife did though!! <snicker>)

This August when we go, I want a birthday cake in the shape of a hot dog.

Seriously though. Come ON! This sounds like some princess B.S. It can't be for real. Now in all honesty, we've only been there once, but the treatment we received, I've been telling all of North America they need to check out Hedo III!

I would have a serious problem if they served me a freaking hot dog at Hedo. I know its not 5 star, but its not a freaking hot dog cart on the corner of 4th and South either.

Paul....
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast