Thread: August Long Weekend

August Long Weekend

We'll be heading to H2 at the end of July and beginning of August for 4 or 5 days over the long weekend. Who else will be there? Chime in and introduce yourselves.
    We're fun, young professionals from Toronto looking to party and also relax a little.
    Second trip - July 1-6 2010 to H3!!
    Third Trip - Hedo II January 2011!!

Blog Entries
    We'll be there from 7/29 to 8/10 for our 4th trip. We look forward to meeting you!

Quote Originally Posted by CandG View Post
    We'll be there from 7/29 to 8/10 for our 4th trip. We look forward to meeting you!
    Sounds great. Lets keep in touch.

I could be wrong but I remember issues with the sex police during August last year with the Jamaican holiday
    Back at Delroy's November 16th to 26th for Spanksgiving

We will be there from 7/30-8/08...........and yes, we were there last year during the horrible "miscommunication" about the rules and sex police. Having been there each august for the last 6 or 7 years now, we are going to hope that last year was more of an aberration than the rule. We have already heard from some couples that thy have been reassured that everything will be fine this year according to management. We can only hope for this to be true, or other plans will be made accordingly for next year.

Look forward to seeing everyone there this year!

... will be there, as well. We were there the same time last year. The enforcement officers did not show up until after the first weekend of August.

Blog Entries
    We were there two weeks ago and I made it a point to go speak with Lorna Clarke since we were already planning an August trip (it's the only time we can go this summer due to other commitments). After first trying to deny that there were any issues at all last year, she finally admitted that there was "miscommunication" between management and some of the security guards which resulted in the guards going overboard. She assured me that this would not be the case this year and asked us to give them another chance. I told her she was asking me to take a $5,000 gamble (12 nights plus airfare) and she said we would not be disappointed. We didn't experience the problems last year, but we were there the following week and heard all about them from some guests who were holdovers from the week when there were problems. She did say that all guests would be asked to wear colored wristbands so they could keep track of the locals who might be there on day passes and that "no sex on the beach" would be strictly enforced. I have no problems with this. We're by no means prudes, but since Jamaica's beaches are all public and since boats pass by sometimes with children aboard, I have no problem with a strict "no sex" policy on the beach. Besides, sand can mess up even the best sex.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzy View Post
    I could be wrong but I remember issues with the sex police during August last year with the Jamaican holiday

Blog Entries
    When I first read your posting I wondered about the sex police not showing up until the second week because Jamaican Independence Day is August 6. Actually it s week long celebration called E&I because August 1 commemorates the anniversary of Britain's freeing of the slaves in Jamaica (Emancipation) in 1883 and August 6, 1962 is Independence day. Therefore it would make sense that any crackdown would have occurred during that first week. However, our trip last year was from 8/14 to 8/25 and the people we were talking to during that trip were complaining about the previous week which would have been the second week of August, not the first. If so, this is good news for those of us going the first week. Having thought all this through, it seems that perhaps the speculation about the crackdown having to do with the lawsuit between Issa and Sandals might have been accurate. They were taking testimony that week. This would also explain why CharlnTai didn't experience any problems at all on previous trips during that week until last year. Thanks for listening to my thinking out loud. I feel a little more at ease now.

Quote Originally Posted by ackakca View Post
    ... will be there, as well. We were there the same time last year. The enforcement officers did not show up until after the first weekend of August.

Last year was our first trip and although experienced Hedonists told us that the security was strict, we still saw (and did) some pretty crazy stuff! If what we saw was tamed down I don't know what to expect this year! Sounds like a good time will be had!
    Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Cheers!
    C&C

Looks like we will miss most of you, we are there form 7/24 to 7/29. If anyone will be there during this time, say hi, we were there the middle of April and had a blast.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016