Thread: Rates

Rates

Are they basically always the same? For instance I keep see the book 3 get 4th night free special for almost a year. Is it pretty much a keepsake sale? Ive been playing the last minute game hoping that rooms will become cheaper as the date gets closer,but i noticed even if i booked for next week the rates are still the exact same!

Keep in mind that if you wait until near time to go airfare may be cost prohibitive My guess is the every 4th night sale is going to be hard to beat. Good luck

just so you know when you actually book the 4th free night, its not always available....we had to juggle our dates to make sure we got that 4th night free (think they do that to exclude that offer when any large groups are there?)
    H2 - June 21-26, 2011
    H3 - June 12-17, 2010
    H3 - Oct 2009
    H3 - Mar 2007

As someone who helps coordinate a group I can tell you that often dates with big groups are blacked out for those types of sales. That said, after last year's lead up to our trip where it was sale after sale after sale we negotiated with Castaways to do a "float down" of sorts with our rates where if the rates drop, so do our contract rates- to match. I believe those sales are already blacked out for the first week of August- with us and another group there on the independence day holiday it just makes sense from a business perspective.
    Nick (and the luscious Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Our dates we blacked out, but I was till able to get the deal through hotels.com. So if the dates you are looking for are blacked out, check them out...worked for us.
    Hedo II July 14-19 2018
    Hedo II July 11th-16th 2015 with Fluffs
    Hedo II Dec. 12th-17th 2014
    Hedo II Jul. 19th-24th 2014 with LoveVoodoo
    Hedo II Nov. 21st-26th 2013
    Hedo II Apr. 4th-10th 2013
    Hedo II First Timing.....Aug.16th-22nd 2012
    Hedo 3 was great while it lasted, we'll always miss her!
    2nd trip to 3 08/06-08/10/2010 for our last party!
    Hedo 3 first timers 04/08-04/12/10

Edited to say im a dumb ass. I booked the wrong day.. lol. Ok, but here is an advantage with booking with Hotels.com over hedonism site. I am able to cancel up to a week before trip with no cancellation charges... as oppose to hedonism.com where i had 45 days
    Last edited by bakedclay; 04-23-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: im a dumbass

Our experience has been that rates do vary throughout the year based upon occupancy. Check with a good T/A (who books a lot of SuperClubs vacations) and they'll be able to tell you when you might expect sales to occur. For sure the big holidays won't be included, nor will Spring Break period, etc. Our group does not contract with the resort for rates and we are not involved with any travel agency as a sole provider. Because we originally picked a low occupancy week for our group trip however, a sale from SuperClubs has happened during our week every year.

Thanks Sunset Bill. I booked for Memorial Weekend 2010 (6 days + 2 free days). $2,160.00 It's the same price 6 months ago... and same price today just being one month out).

Quote Originally Posted by bakedclay View Post
    Thanks Sunset Bill. I booked for Memorial Weekend 2010 (6 days + 2 free days). $2,160.00 It's the same price 6 months ago... and same price today just being one month out).
    Actually that does make sense from a pure marketing point of view since Memorial Day would be a time of high occupancy (lots of vacationers), and therefore a premium time to sell. Have fun!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Bill View Post
    Memorial Day would be a time of high occupancy (lots of vacationers), and therefore a premium time to sell.
    Is the occupancy high during Memorial Day? We just (last night) booked 5 nights over the memorial day weekend on Expedia at a price I was actually worried about trusting. It you take out the air, it's a good 30% cheaper than what the Superclubs site quoted even including the 4th night free deal. I found an almost identical price on Orbitz as well. I saw lots of blacked out dates online on SkyAuction and such, but none over Memorial Day weekend for some reason. I didn't even make the connection that it was a holiday, I just was looking for a deal and found this range of days much cheaper than any others I saw and which fit our schedule. I was shocked to get such a good price only 33 days from the trip.

I have zero patience to wait for trips, so 33 days out sure beats the 6 months in advance we typically have booked our trips!