Thread: Montego Bay Delta

Montego Bay Delta

We learned this. Flying out from Montego Bay on Sa, Su and Mon can be a problem. We flew out on a Monday via Delta. After 2.5 hrs in the Delta check in line, we were called to head of the line for emergency push thru to gate and barely made it. (We are at the airport 3.5 hrs before departure.) We were told by the counter agent that they overbook weekends and Sunday hopefuls flowed into Monday. We saw one teacher that had been trying to get home for 48hrs that still didn't get on our flight. Next time we will fly mid week and be there really early.

Us too have waited over 2 hours in the ticket line at MBJ so we did something this year that we will do from now on. We booked a 8:00am Sunday return flight and stayed the last night in MoBay. We got to choose what bus time we wanted to leave on Saturday from Hedo...the hotel in Mobay was under a hundred bucks, and we got to do a little shopping and go out to dinner on the hip strip. The cab picked us up at 5:45 Sunday norning for the 2 minute ride to Sangsters and we litteraly we sitting in Margaritaville at 6:15 ordering breakfast! Was the best travel day and we got home in time to get a little organized for the week and pick some things up at the market! Only bad thing is that most of the airport shops were not open yet, but the last couple of years we were so rushed getting to the gate we did not get to shop anyway!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Blog Entries
    Happened to us one trip with Delta. We had a 3 Hr line at the ticket counter when all the other airlines had little to no line at all. Only reason we made our flight was because it got delayed leaving MBJ. Of course we did not know that until after the stressful run to the gate. Missed the connecting flight and got stuck in Atlanta that night.

We have had many other good flights with Delta since then, but it still stands as our one travel horror story.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Yikes...we are flying Delta for the first time and leaving on Saturday morning! Damn! Our flight takes off a 11:25am - hopefully that's still early enough to avoid disasters? Thanks for the heads up! What time did you guys fly out?

I know AJ use to be this way if you left on Sundays so we stopped staying the extra day because of it.

We also always choose a bus an hour earlier than the resort recommends as they seem to cut it too close all the time for my tastes. I hate to be rushed and would rather have a leisurely travel day home than to be stressed.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

We flew Delta for our trip at the end of March. Our return flight flew out of Montego Bay at 8am on a Sunday. We left the resort at 5am, at the airport by 6 and through security by 6:15. I was very impressed with the Delta crew on this trip. The only problem we had with them is that there always seems to be gate changes in Atlanta.
    Buddy & Serife

Hedonism II Nov. 26-Dec. 2nd 2020

Too many previous visits to list!!

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Delta overbooked our outbound, so we wound up going to MSP (Minn-St Paul) instead of ATL. Frozen lav pipes kept us on the ground in MBJ until they thawed. Missed connection in MSP and spent a night there before getting home to SEA. 15 below zero after 2 weeks at Hedo was aweful. Worst return flight ever. Check in at MBJ sucks. Jamaican staff is sooooo slowwww.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caughtyoulookin View Post
    15 below zero after 2 weeks at Hedo was aweful.
    Try living here

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Weird, we flew Delta last year for the first time, we always leave Hedo 3 early because we like to shop at the airport, we were through in time not only to do the shopping but had lunch at Margaritaville with a few folks from our group...we are on Continental this year so hopefully we will not be exposed to this problem.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Continental for us. But I wish that it were Singapore Air. Those people have their stuff together. TOP NOTCH. I always fly Continental for U.S. flights and hops. I have flown Delta, but only short flights under 6 hours. There is no way that I could fly Delta to work, having to ride in the cattle compartment.

In fact, we booked our trip around Continental this time. For some reason, Continental don't fly daily to Mobay. We picked our dates so that we could fly Continental and not have to fly north, to turn around and fly south. Also shorter layovers.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryW View Post
    Yikes...we are flying Delta for the first time and leaving on Saturday morning! Damn! Our flight takes off a 11:25am - hopefully that's still early enough to avoid disasters? Thanks for the heads up! What time did you guys fly out?

I know AJ use to be this way if you left on Sundays so we stopped staying the extra day because of it.

We also always choose a bus an hour earlier than the resort recommends as they seem to cut it too close all the time for my tastes. I hate to be rushed and would rather have a leisurely travel day home than to be stressed.
    Mary,

I have taken Delta the last 5 trips down there and they were always late leaving Atlanta (it's one of only three carriers that leave from the city where I live--and is the lesser of the three evils---Lol). Just start your vacation early and drink! At least you know you are ending up at Hedo!!

Have a great time!

Le Ann

"Life is Too Short.....Party and Dance Naked!"

Quote Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
    Us too have waited over 2 hours in the ticket line at MBJ so we did something this year that we will do from now on. We booked a 8:00am Sunday return flight and stayed the last night in MoBay. We got to choose what bus time we wanted to leave on Saturday from Hedo...the hotel in Mobay was under a hundred bucks, and we got to do a little shopping and go out to dinner on the hip strip. The cab picked us up at 5:45 Sunday norning for the 2 minute ride to Sangsters and we litteraly we sitting in Margaritaville at 6:15 ordering breakfast! Was the best travel day and we got home in time to get a little organized for the week and pick some things up at the market! Only bad thing is that most of the airport shops were not open yet, but the last couple of years we were so rushed getting to the gate we did not get to shop anyway!
    HAHA Yoda we told you the party plane would change your bad travel MOJO!!! You can owe us!!!

Rock out with your cock out!!!
    Jam out with you clam out!!!
    Black out with your rack out!!!:

Update based on our experience yesterday....which I am inclined to believe may change from week to week and day to day like everything in Jamaica and with travel in general! LOL

I had heard (from another guest so not really realiable) that if you are flying out on Delta they will actually schedule your bus to leave earlier so that there is less chance of missing your plane.

Our Delta flight was scheduled to leave at 11:29am on Saturday. Our group was put on the bus at 7am....stopped at Breezes and Trelawny on the way to the airport and got there in just over an hour.

The line at Delta wasn't bad and we were through Delta and immigration I believe within about an hour. Had a few hours to relax and shop and the plane took off on time.

We arrived in Atlanta, cleared immigration, got our bags, then through customs, re-checked our bags relatively quickly. Brad may remember better but I think we were through all of that in about an hour as well. Atlanta was extremely efficient at each of these check points.

Plane took off about 15 minutes late even though we started boarding about 45 minutes before scheduled take off but still landed in Chicago on time.

Only problem which was terrible for some...Atlanta will NOT allow you to carry on the bottles of liquor packed up when you purchase them at the airport in Jamaica and you MUST find a way to pack that in your checked luggage for the next leg of your flight if you have a connecting flight out of Atlanta!!!!

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Atlanta

Yes, customs through atlanta was FAST. At least it was when we were there. The first part of the line (longest) was about 10 minutes or so. I remembered telling summer that it felt like they were rushing us. We were struggling to get our shoes & scanned articles together before we were ran over by people behind us. After that, the security was actually telling us to move faster! It was like we were running with our luggage to get it back to them.

We were initially scheduled for a 50 minute layover, but changed because we didn't think we could make it. But after going through it, we could have made that flight. But it was nice to have a sit down meal and chat with those who left with us.
    BradnSummer
    Hedo III April 23rd - May 1st!!!

Mary...that is true for all airports not just ATL. Or I should say the airports that you have to go thru security again. I believe MIA and CLT are the same. You can thank the shoe bomber for that along with having to take off your shoes.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017