Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Inclusive?

All Inclusive?

We're booking our first trip to Hedo II very soon and we just wanted to be sure there's no hidden costs. We're going to book directly from the Hedo website. Is it pretty much What you see is what you get? There's no hidden costs involved with the flight or anything is there?

To answer your original enquiry, no not really. There are long threads on here about tipping, which according to the superclubs and hedo websites is forbidden (it does however still happen and has been known to earn some favor)- but it is not mandatory. On the resort, "all inclusive" means all food, drink, lodging, and non motorized watersports. It also includes scuba and snorkeling. Spa services, excursions, and medical care (if necessary) are extra.

Ok- I may offend some people here with my second answer- and if I do please accept my apology ahead of time because it is not my intent- but I would never use a travel agent for airline tickets. We have ALWAYS been able to get a better price on our air travel by using either the direct airline websites or services like hotwire, travelocity, orbitz, expedia, etc....

Secondly, I would look at a real travel agent rather than the resort travel agent for your resort stay. I only say this because of personal experiences that some of our group members have had when they have booked with the resort directly as opposed to an agency like Castaways. They will get you the same or better rate, and occasionally can provide a "no bump guarantee" when the resort is busy. We have seen in the past that the people who book direct with the resort are the first ones to get sent to another resort for a day or two when this happens. Just a consideration- if the resort is not really busy when you are going then it is not anything worth worrying about.
    Congratulations on your upcoming trip!
    Cheers!
    Nick (and the inordinately Sexy Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Ok, thanks. We'll take a look at Castaways.

the 1st year we booked through DennyP, and then on our own through travelocity and never had a problem. This year with the go X amount of days, stay one free, we had to book through Denny because otherwise, we wouldn't get that free day due to something stupid. We booked our air seperate, though. I def. wouldn't book through the superclubs site, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcouple32/25 View Post
    Ok, thanks. We'll take a look at Castaways.
    Just make sure you get your loyalty points for free days at Hedo. Even if you think you will not be back... well you will be back (How naive to think you can only go to Hedo once???). Call Castaways and ask them to help you make sure you get your loyalty rewards points from Hedo. You need to do this before you go to Hedo so you get your free days on future trips

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    Yep, it really is all-inclusive. We did spend a little bit of money beyond the cost of hotel and airfare on our first trip. You may/may not encounter or need. Here's where it went:

$100 trip insurance (travel agent provided)
    $89 for hotel the night before flight in Chicago that included parking for up to 14 days
    $30 for dinner that night
    $10 in tips on the bus ride to/from the resort.
    $10 each for beer-stop on way to resort
    $50/each for a private booze cruise from H2 (very fun!)
    $10 for a pack of smokes at the gift shop
    $60 in souvenirs
    $20 in the slot machines (silly but we were drunk and having fun)
    $40 at the airport drinking during our 2hr delay out of MoBay

I thought I read a previous post of yours that said you haven't travelled before. ?? Some airlines might have checked baggage charges, you usually can find that out on their website or with a phonecall to the airline. We're flying Delta and they allow for free (2) 50lb checked bags per person plus carry-on. Hope this helps in making your plans.
    Last edited by hedovirgins2009; 04-05-2010 at 11:02 PM.

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

I think we took a total of $100 cash last year, and came home with nearly half that. We charged the Visa for a spa treatment, or a catamaran cruise, but on the resort, it really is covered. If you normally carry some amount of "travel cash" you'll be fine, I'd think.

The list from hedovirgins2009 is really on target. And many of their items are optional, thought the booze cruise is definitely something we like to do at least every few years.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

Blog Entries
    The booze cruise is $50.00 per person and worth it if the weather is good, which it almost always is (not for me last year, but we still had a ball). Part of the cruise is 45min-1 hour of snorkeling which is fun. Watch out for the punch, it's made with overproof rum and will kick your ass.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    To answer your original enquiry, no not really. There are long threads on here about tipping, which according to the superclubs and hedo websites is forbidden (it does however still happen and has been known to earn some favor)- but it is not mandatory. On the resort, "all inclusive" means all food, drink, lodging, and non motorized watersports. It also includes scuba and snorkeling. Spa services, excursions, and medical care (if necessary) are extra.

Ok- I may offend some people here with my second answer- and if I do please accept my apology ahead of time because it is not my intent- but I would never use a travel agent for airline tickets. We have ALWAYS been able to get a better price on our air travel by using either the direct airline websites or services like hotwire, travelocity, orbitz, expedia, etc....

Secondly, I would look at a real travel agent rather than the resort travel agent for your resort stay. I only say this because of personal experiences that some of our group members have had when they have booked with the resort directly as opposed to an agency like Castaways. They will get you the same or better rate, and occasionally can provide a "no bump guarantee" when the resort is busy. We have seen in the past that the people who book direct with the resort are the first ones to get sent to another resort for a day or two when this happens. Just a consideration- if the resort is not really busy when you are going then it is not anything worth worrying about.
    Cheers!
    I agree 100%

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    While not technically necessary, a couple of hundred dollars in small US bills come in handy for items to bring home, a tip or two, and taxi rides should you venture off property. We bring back bags that are packed to the max, so for us it pays to have luggage space available outbound.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post

Cheers!

I also agree 100%

The mini bus to/from the resort is included, but the NO Tipping policy does NOT cover them $5 - 10 per couple is well received. Do not let the red caps touch your bags coming in or out. The walk to the bus is about 20 steps and the Sc staff will handle it.

We've done the bus to the resort in 59 minutes. No need for an expensive beer stop. It,s all free once you arrive.

PNK

That is interesting a friend of mine that goes to III often says there is no way to avoid them and to pay them 1.00 a bag for carrying our suitcases.

if you don't like red stripe, a ting soda is really good. It's like fresca, only better.

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovie View Post
    That is interesting a friend of mine that goes to III often says there is no way to avoid them and to pay them 1.00 a bag for carrying our suitcases.
    There are other guys around/outside the airport that will try to help you with your bags for a fee, avoid them. The superclubs guys/your designated bus staff will assist, and yes $1 tip per bag and $5 for the driver is customary. I don't mind, they work in the heat all day and get us to paradise

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast