Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long is the bus ride?

Or ask some nice fellow traveler to open your bottle.

We take the bus as well...It really goes by pretty quick and you get to meet people and talk on the way...And you get to see the scenary as well.
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

We are going to take the bus as well now, you guys all make it sound like part of the fun so we may as well get the whole experience!! lol

Although we will still take a car from Hedo to join my husbands coworkers at their resort on Wednesday. Theres no point in taking the bus to the airport and sitting around waiting for their charter to arrive then taking another bus to Rose Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Or ask some nice fellow traveler to open your bottle.
    I seem to be the hero on the bus when I whip out my key chain with a bottle opener. lol.

I usually buy a couple at the small Margaritaville kiosk outside the transportation center. It's usually a little more expensive than you can get elsewhere, but cheaper than the plane down, and gets a good buzz going for the trip to Negril.

There's usually time to down at least one drink while waiting for the bus to get going.

The length of the ride depends on the time of day you arrive in Mobay. When I took the (now gone) AJ redeye from LAX, the trip was like 1:20 and I was in a room at 8:40 in the morning. However, in the afternoon (when I usually arrive) I've had from 1:30 on the quick trips to 2:15 on the longer ones with anywhere from 20 minutes to and hour and a quarter waiting in Mobay for the bus to leave.

I tend to really dislike the beer/bathroom stop. I've often been on a redeye to the eastern US before getting to Jamaica and am literally a zombie after being awake for 30+ hours.

p.s. They tend not to stop when it gets late in the afternoon. Every trip I've left after 3P from Mobay hasn't stopped, and I usually thank the driver and double my tip.

good choice

Quote Originally Posted by Groovie View Post
    We are going to take the bus as well now, you guys all make it sound like part of the fun so we may as well get the whole experience!! lol
    Good choice, esp. for a 1st trip. It's all part of the shared experience. (We are H3 regulars but this same Q comes up there as well.)

A car service would take the same road as the bus, so not more than a couple of minutes to be saved there. After you have been so many times and find the bus too "been there done that" then okay do sumthin' else, but at least ride the bus once.

We know someone who's been many, many times and now takes a car service every time. But NOT to "save time". In fact they stop at a fancier place than the bus would go, and have a leisurely lunch/drink break.

Besides, the rest stop is where a lot of folks on our last trip bought their bag of dope for the week. They tell me it wasn't the greatest stuff, but the QUANTITY was huge. (I don't smoke myself, but don't care if you do.)
    Kinks think we're Swingers,
    Swingers think we're Kinks

We got in on a Sunday afternoon and were the only ones on the bus. We did not stop for drinks or bathroom on the way to the resort. We bought some beer at the airport and drank them on the way. We had only a 10 minute wait at the airport for the bus.
    We can't wait to go back!

Will and Laura
    Virgin trip to HII March 7-14 2010
    Trip 2 to HII - March 10-17 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12