Thread: Straw Market

Straw Market

I understand there is a straw market across from Hedo2 and down the road a bit. Is it a good place to shop for take homes? Does anyone know when it's open during the day or how late?

Thanks~
    Lisa

Lisa yes there is a little shopping mail outside of Hedo next to the gas station. You can get some good stuff there and good price on things. It is a 2 minute walk you go outside the gate turn right go to the corner turn left and it is right across the street.

See everyone tomorrow this time tomorrow we will be there.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

Be carefull

I went in there once to look around and the locals were all over me like a rash, very uncomfortable. There is a mall close to town that is much better to shop at with security. The resort offers bus tours there daily,think it is called rainbow mall?

Thanks

I also heard that the market is a bit crazy from another friend from here.

I read somewhre that there are venders up and down the beach.....can I find wood carvings along there? I'm trying to NOT go too far from Hedo or at least the beach!

Yes there is a market across the street, but like posted, sometimes they are very aggressive. They pretty much have the same thing and you can barter with the vendors, there is also the vendors that set up at Hedo each day. I have always found them to barter on the carvings and such. Make sure you check out the paintings from Winston, he does some beautiful work. Usually get one a year to celebrate our vacation. If you ask him he will paint various scenes too. Really nice guy and no he is not kin to "Hedo Winston". Tell him the "Parrot Lady" sent you.
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

There is a crafts market across the street from Hedo II , You can barter with them a little bit easier than the ones at Hedo. Although I have bought from them before. Every person pretty much has the same goods and they all want you to look at their shop. I went by myself and did not feel threatened,I just told them no thanks and moved on. Bring small bills as they won't have change even for a twenty.
    You can also take a tour into town and they will stop at the craft areas. Their is a mall in town called the Hi-Lo shopping mall. Grocery store there too, if you wanted to pick up any thing Hedo may not have for you.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

We bought some stuff at the vendors on the resort, as we were chatting and negotiating with them, we found they are the same people that are across the street.

a different 3 or 4 people from the market come in each day
    The more you drink the less you need your pants

NYE 2016/2017 - H2
    February 2014 - H2
    October 2013 - H2
    November 2012 - H2
    February 2012 - H2
    NYE 2010/2011 - H2
    January 2010 - H2
    February 2009 - H3
    February 2008 - H3