Thread: HIII - March 26 - 30

HIII - March 26 - 30

Wowww back to reality... Okay here's the long and the short of it! The way this reads is pretty much the vibe of the time we were there.

Day 1: 3/26: We left DC on a very cold and rainy morning! Sedan service to the airport is the bomb tho - so can't complain about that. Connecting flight into Charlotte gettin into Mobay at 11:30 am. Met some folks on the plane going to H2 that my friend knew - kinda ironic.

Anywho landed, charmed Warren in the SC lounge to get us a direct 'taxi' there. Went on the hunt for what usedto be our 'spinach' connection. No longer there but found another place with ridiculously low prices! Like next to nothing.

Got to Hedo only to find that our poolfront room was sold out for the night and that we've been upgraded to oceanfront. Yeah whateva, if you not in a poolfront quad room you ain't no where. IMHO. Said they'd get us into a poolfront room first thing in the morning. Quickly changed and hung out at the quad pool. After sittin out for a while, we finally realizing that something's disturbingly missing. Where the fuck are all the people? Ho dayumhummm.... We're all exhausted so we just go back to the room and crash.

Day 2: 3/27: Ready to get into some chit... Nice buffet breakfast. Made reservations for mamusan or whateva the lil Japanese steakhouse is called. Back to the room, change to go to the quad pool. After many calls to the front desk, we finally get into our pool front room. Love the location. I bought my IPOD with speakers so we had our music. We had our 'spinach' and we had even bought addtional liquor to have in the room. All the makings for a great time right? But again, something's disturbingly missing... Where the fuck are all the people?

I'm not gonna bore yall anymore really. You know they say you bring your own party but in this case it's best to travel with a group. We came at the end of the Amigos and WWV and everyone truly was coupled up. In my party, there were three black chics and noooo one really approached us. Most of the people were with their clique and/or coupled up. It's kewl and I didn't feel slighted (nor should I because I really didn't approach anyone outside of offering a friendly smile). I did become braver and went nude for most of the days at the pool and got a nice dark tan all over (no lines). Yes, I'm stretching for the good things in this trip!

I guess the moral of the story is to travel with a group or your significant other if you're going to Hedo during an off week. Oh and one more thing, the staff inclusive of the EC has really changed since our 1st trip back in August of '07. The guys (bartendars) are extremely young and are obnoxiously flirtatious. The EC group is ehhh at best!

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. We got LOTS of rest and relaxation. Two words you never hear at Hedo right? I will be back but I will definitely plan better the next time!

Trip home was a dayum mess! Had a connecting flight into Charlotte and their customs sucks azz. The line was soooo deep - I really didn't think I was going to make my connecting flight back to DC.

In closing, a shout out to Purple Rain! That dayum drink made my trip that and all the greenery we burned!
    Last edited by sistarisin; 04-02-2010 at 11:00 AM.

95% of the Amigos and WW left Saturday morning...as for Friday I think the entire resort was in the neekid pool! They needed 4 bartenders just to keep up with the party! Even sweet Ionie from the Main bar was there for a couple hours and I never had seen her smile more. Sounds like you still had a great time, remember the worst day in Jamaica is still better than the best day home at work!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Exactly and I'd give a butt cheek to be there right now! LOL!!

Wink

Thank you for the trip report. Sorry that it wasn't more lively, but all that all that spinach on the beach-at Hedo-in Jamaica you can't go wrong. Again Thank you for sharing.

R&L
    If "ifs" and "buts" were tits and nuts, we would all have a HEDO Christmas!