Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations/Advice on Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by asweetsecret View Post
    A few months before I got my breast aug I joined a website that helped alot. You can ask there who peeps would recommend in Fl...and probably even see their before/after pics. I remember there were alot on there from FL. Lots of great advice there too. It's makemeheal.com. Good luck!
    Thanks, I'll check that out!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne&Carl View Post
    I hadn't planned on getting implants, just wanted them a lifted a bit.

Don't worry about me being cheap, I don't care about that I just want someone that comes highly recommended and is not going to butcher me and has the facilities to save if me something goes wrong. That's why I was looking for Dr's names to check out, I'd much rather have a recommendation from someone I can actually talk to.
    Since you're not getting implants, you're most likely going to need an "anchor lift". It does leave scars, however, they do fade with time. There may still be some semblance of them when it's all said and done though. There are no other lifts that you can get. You should google it to see what's involved and the type of scars and see if this is something you are interested in. To get a "little lift" the PS might ask you if you want to put in some implants - the scars wouldn't be as bad and you'd get a little lift and a little volume. Both of these are major surgeries and unfortunately, going through surgery myself, I'm going to have to agree that you get it done closer to home.

If there are no decent docs in Newfoundland, Halifax would definitely be a good option. You are not going to feel like having a vacation while recovering from surgery anyways.

If you do decide on implants, there are some good forums that recommend good surgeons in all different provinces. PM me if you want the websites.

Best of luck!

I've been looking at all the pics and before and after's on the net for a while now, I've researched all the techniques used and complications, etc. I just don't want the worry of an implant.

I'm sure the Dr's here that do reconstructive surgery are good but we don't have the population for plastic surgery clinics like the bigger cities do and I'd rather have someone that's done quite a few surgeries and that's their thing than someone who does it once in a while. That's why I'll have to go away, so if I go away, it doesn't make any difference where. When I said vacation I didn't mean I'd be scooting around Disney World. I'd rather be recovering on a warm patio as apposed to one with snow on it! LOL

I'd love to have the websites, I'll send you my e-mail address!

Thanks everyone for all your input! Hedo people are the best.

Try Dr Alan Pillersdorf in West Palm Beach, Florida. He's the best plastic surgeon in the area. (He's removed plenty of moles from my skin, too)

Roger
    Roger & Carmen
    Next trip : March 26-April 3 2011 with the Hedo Amigos!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne&Carl View Post
    I'm thinking of having my boobs done so I'm looking for recommendations and advice from some of the girls who have been there, done that.

I was thinking if might be nice to get a Dr. in Florida since I'm sure there are a lot of good Dr.'s there and I can combine it with a bit of a holiday in a warm climate. That's why I'm not getting it done in Canada. We don't have any plastic surgeons here where I live so I'd have to go to Toronto and I'd much rather go to Florida.

I'm going to start to research Dr.'s today but I was thinking if I could get first hand recommendations that would really narrow it down.

Thanks!!!!!!!
    Look into Dr Cummings

http://www.cummingsplastic.com/

Yes he is in the middle of BFE North Carolina but he has girls fly in from all over the country. 90% of all he does in boob jobs and has been doing it for 25+ years. We are very happy with the job he did on the wife...when we started asking around here about 70% of the people we asked went to him. Whom ever you choose make sure to do lots of research and feel comfortable with you choice! Good Luck! ( . )( . )

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Dr. Hochstein in Aventura, fl is awesome
    J & J, newbies, heading to HEDO III in August!

Based on my gf having 6 breast surgeries, I know a tad about them.
    #1, get it done close to home - just in case there are complications or problems, you will have to see the attending surgeon. Other surgeons, unless in an emergency room type setting, won't even attempt to take over.
    #2. You will have to return to see the surgeon about a week after the surgery and then about every week after that for 3-4 wks. This is a good thing. He can see if you are getting scar tissue and how they are healing. You dont want to be in Canada and suddenly be in alot of pain due to scar tissue and your Dr is in Florida. Not a good thing.
    #3. Getting a lift hurts, but not as much as the initial (first) surgery. This all depends on how much cutting and removing of the tissue and actual breast, that he has to do. He will probably do a "lollipop" lift, where they cut around the nipple, and then straight down the front of the breast and cut away alot of the tissue. Then sew on the nipple much higher on the breast, and stitch up the base of the "lollipop." This is alot of work, and can be painful and cause hard scarring. This you want to be near your Dr for return visits for. They removed alot of skin from her breasts and alot of tissue, and reduced her implants during this process. She was cut open pretty good and it took forever to heal. She did lose some sensitivity in her nipples because of this.
    All in all, she is happy. Thats what counts.. Just dont expect to get operated on, on Monday, and be back in Canada on Wed, because it won't happen. Plan on at least 2-3 weeks to properly recoup before you personally feel comfortable to travel. So, get it done at home. Plenty of time this summer to go to Fla to show the girls off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12