Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Info About Rooms at H3

Blog Entries

Info About Rooms at H3

We've been to H2 twice and are leaving in 20 days (but who's counting) for our third H2 trip. We're planning a trip for late July/early August and as much as we love H2, we don't want to take our chances with Jamaican Independence Day at H2. We were there last August the week after Jamaican Independence Day and the folks that were still there from the ID week had horror stories galore about the previous week at H2 - constant sex police, clothed locals all over the on the nude side (including sitting around the pool, we heard), etc. Our schedules are such that that week is the only time we can make it this summer SO....H3 here we come! We know virtually nothing about H3 so I thought I would start with rooms. Of the three room categories Pool view, Ocean front and Gardenview nude, where would we ideally like to be? (Suites are not an option because we'd rather stay extra days than pay more for a room that we're hardly going to be in.) Any other information/suggestions regarding H3 vs H2 would also be appreciated. We're not even considering H2 so it's not a matter of making a choice; we just want to know what to expect at H3 compared to what we are used to at H2. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    If you would rather spend your money on extra days then I recommended poolview. It is the cheapest class of room and they are all pretty much the same anyway. Poolview will be 2nd or 3rd floor on the Quad.

All the buildings are so close together it does not really make a difference - we have always just picked Poolview - or the old ROH(Run of the House).

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

I guess it really depends on where you want to hang out. Of the rooms you mentioned, I would probably go with the Ocean View and only because its only a stones throw away from the nude pool. The Pool View rooms have you close to the party, but if you have to go to the restroom, there are no public potty's available. Out of the water, up the stairs you will have to go, unless you have friends that have a Pool Front room and they have made theirs available to you, if there are any Pool Front Rooms available when you go, its only a couple bucks more a night, cheaper than the Ocean View and the Garden View nude rooms. Garden View rooms are great if you want some nice quiet time.

Hope this helps...when are you looking to go? We have been at Hedo 3 every year during the JA holidays for the last 9 years and have never had any issues like we read about at Hedo 2 last year.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    I guess it really depends on where you want to hang out. Of the rooms you mentioned, I would probably go with the Ocean View and only because its only a stones throw away from the nude pool. The Pool View rooms have you close to the party, but if you have to go to the restroom, there are no public potty's available. Out of the water, up the stairs you will have to go, unless you have friends that have a Pool Front room and they have made theirs available to you, if there are any Pool Front Rooms available when you go, its only a couple bucks more a night, cheaper than the Ocean View and the Garden View nude rooms. Garden View rooms are great if you want some nice quiet time.

Hope this helps...when are you looking to go? We have been at Hedo 3 every year during the JA holidays for the last 9 years and have never had any issues like we read about at Hedo 2 last year.

Ivy and Rick
    Thanks for the info. It sounds like the location of rooms at H3 is not as much of an issue as it is at H2 because of the difference in the size of the property. We're looking at 7/28-8/7. We'll qualify for the 14/3 so we can make the trip a little longer. We probably need to make the reservations soon though because there are two groups there during the first part of our dates and AWOL comes in about the middle of those dates.
    We got lucky last year at H2 because we went the week after the holiday week and by then things had pretty much returned to normal. There were some guests left over from the holiday week and man, were they pissed! I can't say as I blame them. It was like they booked a trip to Hedo and ended up at Sandals. Let's be honest, you go to Hedo for the vibe, not for luxurious rooms, five star food, first class entertainment, etc. If the vibe is gone, there's not much left at Hedo. If they keep that stuff up, there will be only locals there that week. We're a good example. We love H2 and here we are getting ready to book H3, although I guess all the money goes into the same pocket so Superclubs probably doesn't care if they lose H2 business to H3.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CandG View Post
    It sounds like the location of rooms at H3 is not as much of an issue as it is at H2 because of the difference in the size of the property.
    Exactly ... There is no reason to feel like you would have to hang out near your room. We often stay in the quad or prude side, but don't spend a lot of our time there.

www.cocktailsintl.com

We have had rooms in several places and actually prefer pool view (2nd and 3rd floor pool view). Makes those mid afternoon refreshers easier. Ground level can be a bit noisy.
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 18 - 25, 2015

T11 With The Cocktails Crew!!

CandG mentioned location at H2 being a consideration of room choice and are quite right that Hedo 3 is the smaller property. everything is seconds away...if you choose Quad (cheaper room categories) you are no more than a minute from nude area or main bar/restaurants...unless you're a slow walker, then it may take you 2 minutes. Personally we prefer the poolfront rooms..mainly for the access to the pool deck from the "back door" and there are also no stairs to contend with.
    off room topic a bit...One of the differences we've heard mentioned alot about the resorts besides size...is that there seems to be an impression of many more stairs in general at Hedo 3.i.e. stairs to the disco, stairs to the piano bar etc. What we noticed is that H2 has just as many stairs...but they are in sets of 6 or seven at a time so not as noticable as a long staircase. Last year when we were comparing resorts for ourselves in person ..I counted the stairs and to walk from the nude pool to the main lobby there were 27 steps up...so no different than H3 really getting to the disco...plus H3 is flatter...we found alot of Hedo 2 was on an incline...so where there are no stairs, the pathways are sloped...not sure whats easier to walk...a long incline, or a set of stairs....
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Same time

CandG

You could not have picked a better time to visit. Get in touch with CI group and get yourselves introduced for the first part of the trip. They have group chats each week and we have alot of friends there.

Second, get in touch with AWOl and join that group as well. Once again, group chats and yahoo group.

I have friends in both groups, started with CI in 2002, 2003, 2004 & 2005. Back in 2009 for half the CI week and all of AWOL. Same this year from 7/28 to 8/7. You will have a blast.

Shawn And the very Lovely Angie
    Hedo III
    July 28-Aug7,2010

We're looking at 7/28-8/7....
    We get in on the 29th...doing 5 nights at Hedo 2 before our groups trip, we will see you at the nude pool for sure...

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

CandG- not a lot I can add here to the great information already provided, but I wanted to say hi from a fellow So Cal person. We are down the road from you in San Diego. Not too many West Coast people in this forum or at hedo in our experience, and it is nice to see a "neighbor" of sorts. If there are any other questions you have and would like a local perspective please feel free to PM us or ask on here. I saw Shawn mention AWOL, and to piggyback on that we would love to have ya join us.
    Cheers!
    Nick (and the sultry Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Blog Entries
    I noticed in reading H3 trip reports that a lot of people seem to go to the dining room for lunch. That almost never happens at H2 because its such a long walk from the nude side to the dining room. We generally don't get up until 11ish (we're late nighters) and we have breakfast (grilled cheese) and lunch (jerk chicken) every day at the nude grill. The only time we make it up to the dining room is for dinner. So, the compactness of H3 is an advantage because it gives you more food options (and less walking in 6" heels). You're right though about H2 folks thinking that stairs at H3 are an issue. We've heard it from any number of H2 folks. (The stair thing might also have something to do with the fact that all of the buildings at 2 are two stories rather than three). The pool front rooms are sounding like a good choice. We had one of the nude jacuzzi rooms at H2 in August and we loved being able to walk out the patio door right onto the beach so walking out the patio door right to the pool sounds great. It also helps not to have to climb stairs after you've been drinking for 15 hours straight! On top of that it makes "pee runs" a lot more convenient. We don't worry about the noise because, as I said, we're late nighters and generally we are among the ones MAKING the noise!

Quote Originally Posted by sabinaandscott View Post
    CandG mentioned location at H2 being a consideration of room choice and are quite right that Hedo 3 is the smaller property. everything is seconds away...if you choose Quad (cheaper room categories) you are no more than a minute from nude area or main bar/restaurants...unless you're a slow walker, then it may take you 2 minutes. Personally we prefer the poolfront rooms..mainly for the access to the pool deck from the "back door" and there are also no stairs to contend with.
    off room topic a bit...One of the differences we've heard mentioned alot about the resorts besides size...is that there seems to be an impression of many more stairs in general at Hedo 3.i.e. stairs to the disco, stairs to the piano bar etc. What we noticed is that H2 has just as many stairs...but they are in sets of 6 or seven at a time so not as noticable as a long staircase. Last year when we were comparing resorts for ourselves in person ..I counted the stairs and to walk from the nude pool to the main lobby there were 27 steps up...so no different than H3 really getting to the disco...plus H3 is flatter...we found alot of Hedo 2 was on an incline...so where there are no stairs, the pathways are sloped...not sure whats easier to walk...a long incline, or a set of stairs....

Blog Entries
    Maybe the reason there aren't many Southern Californians on here is that it takes what seems like a week to get there from here. When we're there I am always jealous of the folks from Miami and New Orleans. We fly out of Ontario and connect in Houston. In August our trip down, door to door, home to the Hedo front desk was in excess of 16 hours. I have a countdown for our April trip on my computer and I set the time as when we arrive at Hedo rather than when we leave here because that trip is anything but a vacation! Have you has the same thought that I did that a Hedo type resort in SoCal would make a lot of money? I suppose winters, such as they are here, would be a problem, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    CandG- not a lot I can add here to the great information already provided, but I wanted to say hi from a fellow So Cal person. We are down the road from you in San Diego. Not too many West Coast people in this forum or at hedo in our experience, and it is nice to see a "neighbor" of sorts. If there are any other questions you have and would like a local perspective please feel free to PM us or ask on here. I saw Shawn mention AWOL, and to piggyback on that we would love to have ya join us.
    Cheers!
    Nick (and the sultry Kitty)tm

Blog Entries
    I noticed in reading H3 trip reports that a lot of people seem to go to the dining room for lunch. That almost never happens at H2 because its such a long walk from the nude side to the dining room. We generally don't get up until 11ish (we're late nighters) and we have breakfast (grilled cheese) and lunch (jerk chicken) every day at the nude grill. The only time we make it up to the dining room is for dinner. So, the compactness of H3 is an advantage because it gives you more food options (and less walking in 6" heels). You're right though about H2 folks thinking that stairs at H3 are an issue. We've heard it from any number of H2 folks. (The stair thing might also have something to do with the fact that all of the buildings at 2 are two stories rather than three). The pool front rooms are sounding like a good choice. We had one of the nude jacuzzi rooms at H2 in August and we loved being able to walk out the patio door right onto the beach so walking out the patio door right to the pool sounds great. It also helps not to have to climb stairs after you've been drinking for 15 hours straight! On top of that it makes "pee runs" a lot more convenient. We don't worry about the noise because, as I said, we're late nighters and generally we are among the ones MAKING the noise!
    We sometimes do lunch at the dinning room, more often we have lunch at the Scotch Bonnet, and occasionally just stay at the pool and get something from the grill. Pretty much always get something from the grill for 2nd lunch too.

We are also the ones making the noise late at night ... but those daytime people always seem to get back at us the next day when we are trying to catch a nap.

www.cocktailsintl.com

CandG- yeah we have thought about it, and considered giving Desire los Cabos a try because it is a lot closer and a much quicker trip down. From the reports we have read it does not sound like the party resort that we know hedo to be though.
    We usually do the redeye out of LA or SD, connecting in Houston, Miami, Charlotte, or Atlanta- just depends on what the best price is. Like you guys it is a loooooooooooong day and night. Fortunately a couple Captain and Cokes in the airport followed by a little lorazepam as you board makes the flight go quick.
    Have you been to Sea Mountain? We have seen their site and thought about it- looks fun- close to you guys?
    Nick (and the stacked Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

We have been to desire riviera maya along with HII twice and HIII second time in 19 days. Desire is a bit more laid back in the day, but the dance room playroom and rooftop hot tub with attached bar get pretty crazy at night. As always it depends on the people there. Also I believe Desire Cabo is now temptation resort topless only, with occasional promotions for all nude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast