Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question From "Newbie"

Question From "Newbie"

Hello All--

As posted in another thread, I am thinking about going to one of the Hedonism resorts next year for my 40th birthday with my wife. This site has proved very helpful but I do have a few questions that will hopefully/observations help me decide which if either of the resorts is the right fit for us.

1. Neither one of us drink. We are not judgmental of those who do drink (to each his/her own) but am wondering if we would "not fit in" given that.

2. We enjoy a healthy and active sex life but I doubt we would be into any type of soft or full swinging. Does that present any type of issue? We certainly would not mind watching others or being watched as the case may be.

3. Given our age and backgrounds (both college educated professionals) we are not really interested in hanging around immature people. I wouldn't say we are snobs but the "college partying" mentality is not us.

4. I have not pitched this trip yet to my wife but given it is my 40th birthday next year, this would be my golden opportunity. I think she would enjoy herself once she got there (and we would enjoy each other) but I am not sure how to pitch it to her exactly. She likes nice rooms on vacation (which concerns me a bit about the resorts) and that is one of her biggest travel pet peaves.

5. What type of massage services are offered at the resorts and are they included in the price or extra? We both love massages and this would be a good selling point with my wife. Further details on this would be much appreciated.

6. Not knowing much about these types of adult resorts, why do you think Hedonism is "better" than any other adult resort available? (To be honest, I know next to nothing about other such resorts other than reading about a "Desire" briefly on these boards). Are the Hedonism resorts truly the "best" adult resorts in your opinion? If so, what sets them apart in your mind?

Given the above, I am not sure which resort might work best for us. It seems the rooms are nicer at III from what I read but that the crowd at II might be more our style. In short, however, I do think both of us would enjoy the experience and make us grow even closer together as a couple.

My apologies in advance if some of these questions are stupid or have been asked before. There just seems to be a lot to digest. Fortunately I have a lot of time to read and learn! Thanks all.

M
    Last edited by trooper; 03-15-2010 at 04:46 PM.

I think as most will tell you that you get what you put into it. From what we see most people do drink but not in excess. And for that point we actually have seen people who will drink only soda or coffee. You will find that most people at Hedo 3 are about your age or at least when we go that is the case. So I would not worry about finding anyone to talk to or having a relatively educated conversation with someone. For the most part everyone we have ever met has been around our age 41-42 and come from all walks of life. From the simplest life to doctors, lawyer, bankers etc. This being said you will find that it really truly is what you make of it. Keep an open mind take a chance you only have one life to live so enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by trooper View Post
    Hello All--

As posted in another thread, I am thinking about going to one of the Hedonism resorts next year for my 40th birthday with my wife. This site has proved very helpful but I do have a few questions that will hopefully/observations help me decide which if either of the resorts is the right fit for us.

1. Neither one of us drink. We are not judgmental of those who do drink (to each his/her own) but am wondering if we would "not fit in" given that.

I would not sweat that at all. Except for people drinking beer, and my wife, I could not tell you what anyone is drinking at any given time. Like any other thing at hedo, when offered, a simple "no thanks" is sufficient.

2. We enjoy a healthy and active sex life but I doubt we would be into any type of soft or full swinging. Does that present any type of issue? We certainly would not mind watching others or being watched as the case may be.

We always tell people who consider going with us "it's your vacation- do as much, or as little, as you like"- I would say that the people who do vs don't is a 50/50 mix, at least when we go in August. As long as you do not point and laugh or be rude it is not a problem

3. Given our age and backgrounds (both college educated professionals) we are not really interested in hanging around immature people. I wouldn't say we are snobs but the "college partying" mentality is not us.

We see as many "mellow" days at the nude pool as big party days- it tends to get wilder the later in the day you are there. On the other hand we have found the quad area to be a nice compromise - nice and mellow during the day and a very social crowd without "going big" for the most part.

4. I have not pitched this trip yet to my wife but given it is my 40th birthday next year, this would be my golden opportunity. I think she would enjoy herself once she got there (and we would enjoy each other) but I am not sure how to pitch it to her exactly. She likes nice rooms on vacation (which concerns me a bit about the resorts) and that is one of her biggest travel pet peaves.

The rooms are definitely not 5 star, but any problems we have encountered have been fixed fairly quickly and to our satisfaction. I will not sugar coat it- if the room is really a big deal you may want to look elsewhere.

5. What type of massage services are offered at the resorts and are they included in the price or extra? We both love massages and this would be a good selling point with my wife. Further details on this would be much appreciated.

Massage and spa services are extra and we found them to be on par service wise and what we pay here at home.

6. Not knowing much about these types of adult resorts, why do you think Hedonism is "better" than any other adult resort available? (To be honest, I know next to nothing about other such resorts other than reading about a "Desire" briefly on these boards). Are the Hedonism resorts truly the "best" adult resorts in your opinion? If so, what sets them apart in your mind?

Given the above, I am not sure which resort might work best for us. It seems the rooms are nicer at III from what I read but that the crowd at II might be more our style. In short, however, I do think both of us would enjoy the experience and make us grow even closer together as a couple.

My apologies in advance if some of these questions are stupid or have been asked before. There just seems to be a lot to digest. Fortunately I have a lot of time to read and learn! Thanks all.

No stupid questions- we have all been where you are knowledge wise prior to our virgin trips. People often say the hedo you go to first will be the one you like the best. That is true for us. We only have second hand knowledge about desire, but our understanding is that hedo is a party resort with some swinging going on and desire is a swingers resort where they party occasionally. We go for the party- and in all honesty we are probably in that "immature" group you mentioned before. After 51 weeks of- literally- life and death decisions and regularly unscheduled stress and tragedy, this is our decompression. We make no apologies for blowing off steam, and do attempt at every step to be respectful of other's vacations- I think that is something most people try to do. We go with about 100 of our best friends in AWOL and I like to think "respect" is a strength of our group.
    M

Cheers- good luck with your decision.
    Nick (and the sexy Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by trooper View Post
    Hello All--

There is no requirement to "fit in" people do their own thing and you do yours. If you happen to be there during a lifestyle week you might notice that many of the "lifestylers" tend to drink less.
    "It's your vacation" and people may socialize with you but they will "go fishing where there's fish to catch" rather than waste time trying to "convert you" if you just tell them politely no thankyou.
    Try Hedo II, good mix of people, nice beach and many interesting people from all over the world.
    The rooms are OK, the beach is awesome. If she is fussy get a Ocean View Nude Jacuzzi in the "H Block". The room will not be the best, but being steps from the ocean and looking out on trees (and birds) will make up for it. Your PRIVATE jacuzzi gets emptied, refilled and cleaned daily and you set the temperature.
    Massages are awesome, the women who give the massages are really good and have strong hands soft/firm as you like it. They are really nice people to boot.
    Hedo II has more of a beach, you will get more of a mix of Lifestyle/Nudists than a place such as Desire which caters more exclusively to the lifestyle/erotic crowd.
    I would definitely say Hedo II, but others are loyal to Hedo III and that's cool.
    To the contrary, well thought out questions
    M[/QUOTE]

Good luck

"Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

I agree with nickandkitty, he has always had the most appropriate answers, and as a couple about to make trip #2 ----- 9 more days and we will be back, it will as I have read here so many times, be the place I wish I knew about 20 years ago!!! You will never regret it. (from someone who says very little here).
    PS: nickandkitty, I love the way you always describe her at the end of you posts, you must have someone very special.

We've never been to Hedo yet but do plan to visit II Feb 2011. I would recommend Grand Lido Braco in Jamaica. This was our first all natural experience and we thought it was 5 stars and a great resort with lots of fun activities during the day and theme nights as well. The parties didn't last too late (except for the hot tub) but there was not PDA just lots of nudist having a good time. The average age was 40+. We had an unforgettable time there in Jan 08. We are looking forward to our first Hedo experience though.

If you do choose to stay at a different SuperClubs resort - you have visiting privileges to Hedo (you do have to pay for taxi ride) and it might be a good way to "get your feet wet"

Deb&John- thanks for your nice words- she is all of those things to me and more. I am glad that our input here is noted and appreciated. Wish we were going in 9 days... 134 more for us... we did manage to get to a Jamaican restaurant here today- jerk chicken and beef patties (very good!) but alas no coco bread or ting of any flavor. Note though- jerk chicken and patties go VERY well with diet coke!
    Nick (and, well, you know, the best Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Thanks all. It is really amazing how friendly and helpful everyone on this board is. In this day and age, I hate to say it, it is a treat. Thank you all.

It looks like in the "presentation package" (LOL) I am working on to present to my wife that H3 will be the recommendation due to no other reason than it appears to be the location with the nicer rooms. I just posted a question on the H3 forum about in room pictures at H3 since my search of H3 pictures (simple search of "room") did not turn up but a single picture on the board. Surprisingly, the Hedonism website only has a single picture of a room. Those would be helpful and a potential "deal maker" in my situation.

Thanks again all.

Regards, M

Either Hedo isn't really about the resort itself or the rooms and I think you would definitely be disappointed in the rooms at H2. The ones at H3 might be showing their age as well by now....can't say for sure as it's been years since we were there. H2 can often have a more partying crowd, though I've rarely seen drunk/disorderly people there (don't ask about my infamous "Apple Martini" night...please!!). I'm thinking for a sensual couples type vacation you really might find Desire to be what you're looking for. Just a feeling I get from what you've asked and from my experience. I think you'd enjoy the smaller, customer service oriented and sexy atmosphere of Desire.....just a thought!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Either Hedo isn't really about the resort itself or the rooms and I think you would definitely be disappointed in the rooms at H2. The ones at H3 might be showing their age as well by now....can't say for sure as it's been years since we were there. H2 can often have a more partying crowd, though I've rarely seen drunk/disorderly people there (don't ask about my infamous "Apple Martini" night...please!!). I'm thinking for a sensual couples type vacation you really might find Desire to be what you're looking for. Just a feeling I get from what you've asked and from my experience. I think you'd enjoy the smaller, customer service oriented and sexy atmosphere of Desire.....just a thought!

Liz
    Thanks Liz. Appreciate the response. Not knowing anything about any of these resorts, do you have any further specific information on how Desire differs from the Hedonism resorts? Have you been to both? Which do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

I have NOT been to both, but I do follow both resorts quite a bit and know a lot of people who have been to both. Really, it's all based on a feeling that you might be looking for a slightly more upscale experience than what the Hedo's offer. They can sometimes be a bit (or a lot!) like a big adult theme park .... or summer camp for adults ... I don't know exactly what I'm trying to say .... but think people dressed in glitter or playing naked twister or doing a butt chug ... is this something you'd like? (hint: google Hedo butt chug...not to be confused with a college butt chug!).

Perhaps people that HAVE been to both can head you in the right direction. As I mentioned...my suggestion is only on a feeling like that you might not find some of the more childish aspects of Hedo to your liking (or perhaps you might?).

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Trooper,

Having yet to take our maiden trip to H II in July, I can't tell you first hand about the facilities (you've already gotten great input from veterans). But I can tell you that we've been researching the various resorts for about a year before deciding which to visit. And in all the research we've done, on all the various resorts similar to the Hedo's, Desire's, etc., we've consistently heard the same thing from veterans on boards like this, travel agents, or others in the know...don't expect 5 star accomodations at these places. In talking with tons of people, we pretty much know what to expect, and we're prepared for it. And we're willing to give it a shot for the Hedo experience. We may love it...we may hate it. But we owed it to ourselves to try it. So we're coming with another couple who we've known for over 20 years, and we're going to have a blast...one way or another.

My wife and I love to travel, and we also normally prefer 5 star accomodations. We've done a ton of cruises, and appreciate being pampered. We're a bit older than you, and also tend to shy away from the party crowd. But we're coming to H II with our eyes fully open (no pun intended...On second thought...maybe so ) in expecting less than stellar accomodations, in exchange for the atmosphere, which we expect will more than make up for it. Time will tell.

about to become voluntary repeat offender

Trooper,

I was a rookie in April 2009. I too had some serious concern for the accommodations after reading the boards. I researched the resorts every which way I could.

I went to H2 solo. After all, I was spending hard-earned $$ and paid extra for single guarantee (no roommate).

Everything said the same thing, "don't expect 5 star accommodations." What also came with that warning was the follow up that "you won't spend much time in the room except for sleeping."

The rooms weren't stellar, but they weren't bad either. They're just dated. "Spartan" is a very good way to describe the one I was in at H2.

They are not the flea bag type in which you check-out feet first, if you know what I mean.

I jumped right into the swing of things and found out the truth.

I was never in my room except for long enough to recharge and get back out there to the party.

The fun to be had is the resort itself and the people, not so much the rooms. Mine was clean and stayed clean thanks to the staff. Just my .02....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast