Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single guys have a bad rep?

Single guys have a bad rep?

I am going to Hedo III in March and I just noticed here that single guys have a bad reputation there. Im a very easy going, open minded guy and am not the type to cause trouble or be a jerk. I am actually a nice guy and I hope people will not keep their distance just because of the bad rep that single male travelers get. Could someone please tell me what I could come to expect in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisboyto View Post
    I am going to Hedo III in March and I just noticed here that single guys have a bad reputation there. Im a very easy going, open minded guy and am not the type to cause trouble or be a jerk. I am actually a nice guy and I hope people will not keep their distance just because of the bad rep that single male travelers get. Could someone please tell me what I could come to expect in this regard?
    Expect for people to treat you in a manner commensurate with how you behave and treat them. In other words if you are polite and respectful, you will probably be treated the same. If you are rude and disrespectful, expect the same in return.

Blog Entries

Post Single Guys

We hear what your saying, agree if you are respectfull to other people and other peoples wishes then its not a problem, lets face it, single guys are there to hook up as everyone else, most people who are at Hedo are with their significant other, looking for some fun that they cant get in their hometown, but unfortuantely some single men just dont get the fact because they are there, does not allow them the right to intrude where they are not welcome, basically no means no, we have not experienced that , we have seen it happen but for the most part everyone has a good time, so enjoy and forget the stereo type.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisboyto View Post
    This is one of the most asked questions on this forum. It's easily in the top ten. It should almost be retired to a FAQ at this point.

Do yourself a favor and do a forum search with terms like SINGLE, and GUYS, and look at the amazing number if hits you will get. Then start reading these threads.

I guarantee that you will find that the overwhelming majority of posters are supportive of single guys. The "anti-single guys" folks are pretty passionate in their views, but those folks are still in the minority.

What do you mean by keep their distance? Run away well you ask them to pass the salt?

I don't know what you look like or how good or bad your body language is but most single guys SHOULD NOT expect may people to approach them. You need to be willing to commit the not so "nice guy" act of walking up to people and starting conversations, and you need to be a gentleman on the rare occasions when folks are rude to you.

If "keep their distance" means nobody walked up to you and started a conversation then yes, people will keep their distance. It's your job as the male to approach, just accept it.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

To me the formula for a single guy to have fun is simple... during the day.. engage in conversations with as many people as possible... if there is a volleyball game, get in and play... you have to inject yourself into the party, as couples will be thinking only of other couples by and large....

When it comes to lunch/dinner.. if you see a group of people you were hanging out with earlier at a table.. politely ask if you may join them... they will most likely say yes.. pull up a chair!

Piano Bar/Disco... time to take a lower profile here... Say hi to folks as they come up to the bar, maybe dance a little... but I can tell you.. If I'm dancing with my wife.. I probably don't want a single guy to 'step in'....

Afterparty.. Nude Hot tub... You can get back on your game a little bit here.. but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.. don't be the guy sitting on a lounge chair watching the action.... grab a seat in the tub, or at the bar... engage in conversation when appropriate, lay low when its time to lay low.
    Cocktails International
    2008 Rookie Of the Year
    July 21 - July 28, 2012
    <a href=http://www.cocktailsintl.com target=_blank rel=nofollow>www.cocktailsintl.com</a>
    www.cocktailsintl.com

Registered User singlecruiser70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My goals

[QUOTE=hojonj;98226] lets face it, single guys are there to hook up as everyone else, most people who are at Hedo are with their significant other, looking for some fun that they cant get in their hometown,QUOTE]

That sounds like an opinion..... I normally do sea cruises and always have to take BoNine for seasickness. I thought I would try a "land cruise" and have the same fun without the seasickness. I'm not looking to "hook up" but.... if that happens then it will be a fringe benefit. The same "hook ups" can happen on a cruise too. My goal is jerk chicken, pizza, cheese burgers, fries, and dont forget the conversations with a lot of nekid women.
    It all started when God created the big bang 13.81 Billion years ago.

......SLS as Singlecruiser

Hedo III 11-17 Apr 2010.....Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2011.....Hedo II 19-27 Nov 2011
    Hedo II 7-15 Apr 2012.....Hedo II 17-25 Nov 2012.....Hedo II 6-14 Apr 2013
    Hedo II 23-2 NovDec 2013.....Hedo II 12-20 Apr 2014..... Hedo II 12-20 July 2014
    Hedo II 9-16 Apr 2016....

sexyctail, well said. Every single guy at Hedo III should be required to memorize your post.

I agree that you will may find MANY posts on this forum about the single guy issue but I disagree with an earlier comment that the overwhelming majority are supportive of single guys at Hedo III. Hedo III is going to be mostly couples. People will be accepting of singles but couples want to hang out with other couples. Especially at a place like Hedo where everyone is naked and being far more naughty than they normally would. And its really nothing against single guys. It's just that we feel strongly that single guys are out of place at Hedo III.

Think about it. We have single guy friends that we hang out with all the time. We play softball together, go to bars, concerts, sporting events. It's all cool. We consider them very good friends of ours. But I don't want our single guy friends hanging out with us at Hedo III when we are naked in the hot tub getting playful.

Unless you do something to deserve it, no one is going to shun you or run away from you but don't expect couples to bend over backwards to be cordial. We'll be friendly and say hello and chat. We're not into threesomes so we don't want to send the wrong impression. And let's be straight. We all know why single guys go to Hedo III and since there will be few if any single women there that means you single guys will be focusing your attention on someone elses wife or girlfriend.

Its certainly not going to ruin our vacation but its something we could do without.

Thank you all for your feedback. I feel better about purchasing the trip for the last week in March now. I am not the type to hit on people's girlfriends or wives anyways and will certainly be courteous and respectful

Excellent post, sexyctail.

singlecruiser70,

Isn't >99% of everything on this forum opinion?

Case in point:

Quote Originally Posted by barbnrick View Post
    sexyctail, well said. Every single guy at Hedo III should be required to memorize your post.

I agree that you will may find MANY posts on this forum about the single guy issue but I disagree with an earlier comment that the overwhelming majority are supportive of single guys at Hedo III. Hedo III is going to be mostly couples. People will be accepting of singles but couples want to hang out with other couples. Especially at a place like Hedo where everyone is naked and being far more naughty than they normally would. And its really nothing against single guys. It's just that we feel strongly that single guys are out of place at Hedo III.

Think about it. We have single guy friends that we hang out with all the time. We play softball together, go to bars, concerts, sporting events. It's all cool. We consider them very good friends of ours. But I don't want our single guy friends hanging out with us at Hedo III when we are naked in the hot tub getting playful.

Unless you do something to deserve it, no one is going to shun you or run away from you but don't expect couples to bend over backwards to be cordial. We'll be friendly and say hello and chat. We're not into threesomes so we don't want to send the wrong impression. And let's be straight. We all know why single guys go to Hedo III and since there will be few if any single women there that means you single guys will be focusing your attention on someone elses wife or girlfriend.

Its certainly not going to ruin our vacation but its something we could do without.
    I wasn't referring to whether couples AT HEDO (it really doesn't matter whether it's II or III) are supportive of single guys. I was referring to threads on this topic on this website. Someone with too much time on their hands could tabulate the numbers. Having read most if not all of threads of this nature over the past several years, I stand by my opinion that 4hedo posters (not members or guests, but people who actually post) are overwhelming supportive of single guys, and the anti-single crowd is smaller but they type louder.

I know a lot of couples with single guy friends that they would love to fuck, but they don't want to risk spoiling any friendships.

While I'm sure that single guys outnumber single females most days of the year at Hedo, I doubt that there is ever a day when there are NO single females at Hedo, so focusing on someone else's wife or girlfriend isn't inevitable.

Maybe you always hit Hedo at times when the single females aren't very desirable, the single dudes there have high standards and your wife is the best thing at the resort. Lucky you.

Finally, you'll probably never believe it but there are a lot of reasons why single guys go to Hedo other than getting laid. For guys under 40 getting laid is probably 90% of it, but older guys have a vast array of reasons for going to Hedo and getting laid for many is just a nice extra, if it happens.
    Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak but it tempers the strong.

If I was single here's what I would do if I was thinking of going to Hedo to get laid by a married woman.

1. Look to see who's going - if it's wild women, probably not the time. If it's swingers, if possible check out their group dynamics, this may or may not be the time to go. If it's a group of crazies just looking to party and whatever else - probably a better time to go.

2. Don't go with any other dudes (period). You end up looking completely out of place, like high school boys trying to muster enough courage to talk to the hot girl that's way out of their league. Very very few couples will be looking for more than one dude to join in, therefore they will overlook all of you. On our last trip a pack of dudes (probably early 20's) were there. They were essentially shunned completely because they were in a group. They never separated, and I can almost guarantee none of them got any action. Had a couple of them gone solo, I'm sure they would have had plenty.

3. Engage the man of the couple as much as the woman (in conversation). If he doesn't like you, or trust you, it doesn't matter what the woman thinks.

4. Read body language - if you're not welcome it will be clear, if you are welcome it will be very clear. If you can't read body language stay home.

5. As others have said, if you can't get laid at home, you certainly won't get laid at Hedo, so stay home.

6. Don't force the sex issue too early in conversation. If you talk with a couple for a long time and they don't move on or ask you to leave, play it cool and let things progress. The woman will either bring it up, or you can bring it up casually.
    Last edited by MILFHUNTERS4FUN; 03-09-2010 at 02:59 PM.
    Remember, sharing is caring...

Typing louder?

One could also make the point that singles on this site are very vocal and visible about insisting that Hedo is a great destination for singles but getting into that pissing contest won't solve anything.

Maybe here's a simple summary that single guys like chrisboyto should be aware of prior to visiting.

The forum is a hodgepodge of opinion. What you experience at Hedo may or may not reflect some of what you read.
    Hedo will be mostly couples. Depending on the week or the groups that may be there this may be 90% or more. Decide for yourself if you will feel comfortable in that type of environment.
    Hedo is not a swinging orgy of naked women looking to have sex anytime/anyplace.
    If you follow some of the excellent advice on this forum you will likely have a great time.
    If you follow some of the excellent advice on this forum you might even find a willing sex partner.
    If you don't know how to behave around naked couples in a sexually charged place like Hedo you will find yourself being shunned or worse still, being called a Vinny or a Wally or Pee Wee.

Quote Originally Posted by sexyctail View Post
    To me the formula for a single guy to have fun is simple... during the day.. engage in conversations with as many people as possible... if there is a volleyball game, get in and play... you have to inject yourself into the party, as couples will be thinking only of other couples by and large....

When it comes to lunch/dinner.. if you see a group of people you were hanging out with earlier at a table.. politely ask if you may join them... they will most likely say yes.. pull up a chair!

Piano Bar/Disco... time to take a lower profile here... Say hi to folks as they come up to the bar, maybe dance a little... but I can tell you.. If I'm dancing with my wife.. I probably don't want a single guy to 'step in'....

Afterparty.. Nude Hot tub... You can get back on your game a little bit here.. but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.. don't be the guy sitting on a lounge chair watching the action.... grab a seat in the tub, or at the bar... engage in conversation when appropriate, lay low when its time to lay low.
    you couldnt be more right. i have been to hedo 7 times once as a single guy with a bunch of buddies, once as a single guy on his own (22yrs old), and the last five years with my wife. Going by myself was probably one of the best times ive ever had in my life.for many different reasons. aside from "Hookin up" (havent used that word since i was in my twenties) the main reason was that by being on my own i was forced to be much more social than i normally would have been with the crutch of friends. You wind up being a much nicer person. its either be outgoing and nice or be exiled for a week. and surprisingly enough i came to this realization sometime on the plane ride over. and i hit the ground running. by the end of the trip i would say i knew 75% of the people there 7 of them better than the rest. So listen to all these nice people on this site and as long as you dont look like a cyclopse you should have a blast. if you get cold feet and wanna back out give me a jingle. ill take the ticket
    Last edited by spoonbread; 03-09-2010 at 08:00 PM.
    "If you have to think about it just do it" :

K & S

Quote Originally Posted by sexyctail View Post

The above is excellent advice, but I would just add one thing to the last paragraph -- whatever you do, don't sit in the hot tub and stare at the naked ladies. Of course, you will see the ladies, but if you sit and stare, you quickly become a vinnie. Be nonchalant and friendly. My wife notices guys that ogle and it really turns her off. Above all, don't let you hands wander where they are not invited. Be cool.

We have no problem with single guys, as already said, they have respect. We met a single guy on our honeymoon trip (nothing happened) and became good friends. It wasnt till the second trip when some soft play happened. But, it was definatly on how he acted. Great guy and still friends with him 6 years now. dont be a creeper and youll be fine.
    I would rather have a full bottle in front of me,
    than a full frontal lobatomy!!!
    H 2 7/26-8/2

Amazing advice once again! Its very much in line with what I had in mind. I realize that this is mostly a couples resort and I actually do not have any sort of sexual expectations. If it happens naturally somehow then it will be fantastic but if it doesn't then I would have had my fun partying naked in paradise with a lot of cool people it seems. Thanks for the offer spoonbread but it doesn't seem I will be backing out anytime soon. lol, I certainly don't want to be any sort of a Vinny, Wally, Pee Wee, Weenie or any sort of a Jerk . I am just looking forward to a good time with all you great people
    Last edited by chrisboyto; 03-10-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast