Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of questions

Couple of questions

Hi all..we are headed to Hedo II for the first time the first week in July. We are booking with a group called Wet Wild and Wicked. Can anyone tell me about this group? I read what Dennyp has on his website but it was not that helpful.

My other question is this...has anyone seen any little critters in their rooms or around the buffet? I asked this question before we went to Hedo III last year and no one had any problems but of course when we went..I saw them. I know it's because I'm looking but...grossed me out. I can handle spiders and snakes but roaches...ugh..I get the heebie jeebies jus typing the word. I'm wondering since II is older than III if there is more of a problem there.

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    I didn't see any bugs/critters last Feb, but then again I wasn't really 'looking' for them. To many other things going on that had my attention. Definately none in my room, would have noticed that. Maybe it is the difference in the time of year...don't know.

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by hedovirgins2009 View Post
    I didn't see any bugs/critters last Feb, but then again I wasn't really 'looking' for them.
    I shouldn't have said looking for them...couldn't help but "notice" the one that crawled out from by the headboard onto my pillow..and the one that was crawling up the wall behind the chef at Munsans. Maybe another drink or two and I wouldn't notice or not care if I did.

We went with Wet, Wild and Wicked last July. The group more aptly should have been called Defunct, Disbanded and Dead. Most of the scheduled group activities were canceled before the trip; candidly, there was no sense of a group.

HOWEVER, buck up, that week last July was spectacular fun! We found tons of great couples to party with and had the best trip of our lives. Lots of couples in the 30s and 40s...high energy, damn fine senses of humor and cute as hell.

Ultimately, I am glad the WWW group was a miss; it liberated us to meet the friends we did. The whole week had a great vibe. Very social. Very hot. Needless to say, we are returning again this year for July 4th week.

See you in a few months.

Oh, almost forgot, I did not see (or party with) any bug/critters during our July visit. I am not a fan and was pleased that they chose not to join my vacation.
    Last edited by hoho; 03-05-2010 at 03:05 PM.

We were there last september. Didn't see any roaches but we saw other things. In our room (actually we heard a lot of people talking about this so pretty much all the rooms) there were tiny little ants on the dresser, end tables and bathroom sink. They were never in the bed and didn't really bother us. Leave your left over food out of your room and that makes it better. We also wiped the tables in our room with bug spray and sprayed around the window and door to help the situation a bit. In the buffet all we seen was a bee stuck in the syrup. And lizards everywhere(on the property not the buffet). One got in our room but we had the window open. It got scared and jumped out almost as fast as it came in. Also if your on the first floor don't leave your room door open. There are crabs outside that will find their way inside. I'm serious!! There was one that wasn't too friendly on the pathway up to the buffet one day. They're pretty harmless but you wouldn't want one in your room. They are big..not little ones. Hope that answers some questions. It was september not July so I don't know if it will be the same or not. There are also ant hills at the nude beach by some of the loungers...just look around before you sit. You don't want them all over you especially if your nude. This probably makes it sound worse than it is, it wasn't that bad. You asked if anyone has seen any and that is what we have seen.

Been to HII many times and do not recall seeing "critters", but again I was not looking either. We will be going to HII the same time as you with the same group. There is a group of us at Hedo2_July_2010 @ yahoo.com
    Look forward to meeting you.
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Blog Entries
    Same type of ants in Jamaica as Cancun, Mexico. In 5 trips have not seen anything other than tiny black ants. They are harmless, very small and don't bite. Apparently these ants are in tropical countries and it is really not a big deal at all. We have ants at home in when the snow melts and Spring comes in June or July. I worry more about the cancer causing properties of insectacide than actual bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by hoho View Post
    We went with Wet, Wild and Wicked last July. The group more aptly should have been called Defunct, Disbanded and Dead. Most of the scheduled group activities were canceled before the trip; candidly, there was no sense of a group.
    Wow..thanks for info disappointing as it is! We went to Hedo III last June without a group and found peeps who were with groups to be a bit clicky. So this time we wanted to go with a group where we could get to know peeps before we go. They have rockin rates so we picked WWW. Oh well..it's Hedo..so it's all good. Hope to see y'all there!

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
    Been to HII many times and do not recall seeing "critters", but again I was not looking either. We will be going to HII the same time as you with the same group. There is a group of us at Hedo2_July_2010 @ yahoo.com

Maybe I will just stay in the Nude pool..surely they can't get to me there! We will be joining your yahoo group..be looking for us.

We didnt run into any bugs... or at least we didn't notice them. Everyone warned us to bring bug spray and mosquito repellent. Never touched them. Left them in the room.

As Far as the group situation. We booked solo but then met a bunch of Great folks with the Cave Dwellers. Great People. HII in June!
    First Trip June 6 - 12, 2009

We've also encountered some harmless critters...the small ants as mentioned, the occassional chamelion that gets in the room (kinda cute in a way), the "roaches" mentioned I believe are palmetto bugs..look like a roach, but not the same thing exactly...correct me if i'm wrong...I think they are quite common to the tropics, as well as florida?

As for groups...well we've got one that goes New Years each year...we try not to be clicky, and try to welcome everyone who's coming join the fun and meet people on our group forum...each year we have several that didn't book with the group...of course it's nice when people do book with us, but definatly not a requirement...Most groups will allow you to participate as much or as little as you like...after all it's your vacation to do what you want.
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
    I could not locate a Yahoo Groups forum by that name, and Email to that address bounced.

Jester

Quote Originally Posted by Jester55 View Post
    I could not locate a Yahoo Groups forum by that name, and Email to that address bounced.

Jester
    I couldn't either..I sent them a pm and they are going to send me the link via email.

I saw your post regarding your divorce. Are you considering a trip to Hedo after all?

We've occasionally seen roaches, as well as the other denizens mentioned above. Haven't seen nearly as many in recent years. You can find tons of info on WWW in the trip reports on dennyp's. Enjoy!
    Chris

In our room, we have from time to time found ants, mostly in the bathroom for some reason. As for roaches, I honestly do not recall seeing any at any time in all of our trips, not that we look for them, but I think if I saw some I would recall. I would however not be surprised if there were, it is the tropics...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast