Thread: Good post, Bad post

Good post, Bad post

All this bickering about what "newbies" post is kinda crazy....dont you think??
    If someones posting a question on here, its because there looking for a answer to something they dont know anything about...makes sence to me. How better to plan a first time trip to Hedo than to go to a site thats has past Hedo vacationers, post a question, get an answer.....What a great way to find out if its something your looking for, or not. I agree that some questions are a little beyond the norm...but so isnt Hedo... I dont think any question is a bad question and i dont think anyone should have to worry about the forum police when they post, as long as there not attacking someone. If you think its a stupid question then dont answer it, if you think you can help someone, excellent!!!

Well said! i have been a member here now for i think 5years. because joined before my first trip to hedo3. and i got alot of help, and some great answers. i also agree that if you don`t like the question asked don`t answer it, answer the one the you know or can help with. thats what i try to do when i answer questions.

I am fairly new on here and we are going on our virgin trip in April. I am very shocked with some of the responses on here that some people have had (a few particular people come to mind, but I will not get into names). My thoughts are that it may deter people from going to Hedo. This is not the "Hedo way" (or so I have heard). I thought Hedonism was suppose to be accepting and have some of the kindest people that go there. I agree that there are some outlandish questions posted, but if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

Let's just all get back to enjoying Hedo, talking about our past or upcoming trips and giving GUIDANCE to those in need of it. If the silly questions are ignored, then the silly people will most likely go away. Don't feed them, especially with negitivity. That's my 2 cents.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macdonald_a View Post
    I am fairly new on here and we are going on our virgin trip in April. I am very shocked with some of the responses on here that some people have had (a few particular people come to mind, but I will not get into names). My thoughts are that it may deter people from going to Hedo. This is not the "Hedo way" (or so I have heard). I thought Hedonism was suppose to be accepting and have some of the kindest people that go there. I agree that there are some outlandish questions posted, but if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

Let's just all get back to enjoying Hedo, talking about our past or upcoming trips and giving GUIDANCE to those in need of it. If the silly questions are ignored, then the silly people will most likely go away. Don't feed them, especially with negitivity. That's my 2 cents.
    2 cents well spent

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well said. I'll give you a good post: Go over to the Jamaica/Travel forum and take advantage of the fall sale that started yesterday. Join us for Christmas. School's out the week before, send the kids to grandma's, and party with us at HII through Christmas Day. Last year it was a hoot. By New Year's it was way crowded and not worth the higher room rate.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

We leave in 6 days and a sleep for H2 for our first trip there. myself i have been to H3 twice. this will be my girlfriends first time to Hedo. but her second time to jamaica we went last year to grand baihi in runawaybay. i am only giving her 2 days and i know she will want to go to the front desk to book another trip for as soon as we can . lol. we were talking about going for christmas this year. who knows we just might

Quote Originally Posted by mark3061 View Post
    All this bickering about what "newbies" post is kinda crazy....dont you think??
    If someones posting a question on here, its because there looking for a answer to something they dont know anything about...makes sence to me. How better to plan a first time trip to Hedo than to go to a site thats has past Hedo vacationers, post a question, get an answer.....What a great way to find out if its something your looking for, or not. I agree that some questions are a little beyond the norm...but so isnt Hedo... I dont think any question is a bad question and i dont think anyone should have to worry about the forum police when they post, as long as there not attacking someone. If you think its a stupid question then dont answer it, if you think you can help someone, excellent!!!
    I think the bickering is not so much about "newbies"...as it is in regards to the never popular "trolls"...being nonjudgmental is a saying that many of us Hedo folks try to live by, as you can see by the threads you reference, its sometimes easier said than done. There are moderators and others here on the board that police them, let them be the judge, jury and executioner...it happens, I know folks that have been banned for not following the rules, we ourselves have been warned on one occasion...if we find a post to be to far fetched, we just ignore it..

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Sound piece of advice Rick, one I need to follow more stringently.
    Nick (and the hot piece of ass Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Ok ....so what exactly is a "troll"....Just asking...

Quote Originally Posted by mark3061 View Post
    Ok ....so what exactly is a "troll"....Just asking...
    I posted this a few days ago in another thread...
    =================
    I've been using the internet since the old Usenet days, before the world wide web really came into being. The defintiion of 'Troll' has been around for a long time. Here are some definitions:
    "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."
    I think we've seen plenty of these occurrences on this board, but not all newbies who ask questions are trolls.
    More...
    "Trolls can be costly in several ways. A troll can disrupt the discussion on a newsgroup, disseminate bad advice, and damage the feeling of trust in the newsgroup community. Furthermore, in a group that has become sensitized to trolling — where the rate of deception is high — many honestly naïve questions may be quickly rejected as trollings. This can be quite off-putting to the new user who upon venturing a first posting is immediately bombarded with angry accusations. Even if the accusation is unfounded, being branded a troll is quite damaging to one's online reputation."

If you'd like more, you can look up 'internet troll' on Wikipedia.

...for what it's worth...

Hmm....bickering and bashing newbies.....kind of sounds like another message board.....hmmm.....
    Liz & Chris

Thanks for that....it explaines alot

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    toobusylivin said and I quote, "maybe we should all just hold hands and sing songs around the campfire. kumbaya..."
    I think alot of bad posts come from souls who are not at Hedo anymore, they're home and instead of La-La land, it's the bitter cold world. Instead of Wonderland, we're back in freezing frickin Kansas Toto. It's cold, there are bills to pay, we're sick of doing laundry, and the kids are driving us up the wall. Then we sit down to post...
    When I first jumped on here, I bashed folks for not participating in themes and poked at dudes with mansweaters. I've tried to mellow out and figure if there's nothing good to say, I'll just shut up until I'm in my happy place, which reminds me of a joke: A lady rear ends another car. The driver jumps out and he's a dwarf. He storms back as the lady rolls down her window. "I'm not happy!" shouts the dwarf. "Which one are you then?" says the lady...
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Hmm....bickering and bashing newbies.....kind of sounds like another message board.....hmmm.....
    chris and liz I agree. I remember a thread started about that board and how people didnt like it becouse of the exact thing that is happening here.

We really enjoy this site and appreciate all the great info. Are virgin trip is in July and we can't wait.

What makes this a great site is all the new people,like me, feeling comfortable enough to post and ask questions. To respond or not respond is up to you. But if we start being critical and passing judgment this board will end up like all the others.

One last thought. The people that post questionable stuff on here are looking to elicit a reaction, good or bad. But most people I feel are truly genuine with there questions and are just looking for answers.

See you in July

I agree that lengthy bickering is futile. I do, however, feel that NOT every post has to be positive - just so long as it's not made personal. Stay the course and make comments related to the topic that can be corroborated with at least some experience.
    We need to remember that this is just a fun site and not take ourselves too seriously.
    Remember, sharing is caring...