Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belated Newbie Trip Report Hedo 2 Feb 7 – 14 2009

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar

Belated Newbie Trip Report Hedo 2 Feb 7 – 14 2009

Belated Newbie Trip Report Hedo 2 Feb 7 – 14 2009

When we returned from this trip I was starting a new job 2 days later. Needless to say I’m just now getting around to this. I really enjoy reading trip reports and wish more would post them, anyway it’s way past time for ours but here goes!

Travel to Jamaica
    Uneventful (sweet!) We had a 6:00 A.M. flight out of Chicago so we could fly non-stop. Since we are from Indiana, we stayed overnight on a park-sleep-fly package. $89.00 total for hotel and parking for up to 14 days at the Crown Plaza Hotel. We chose this hotel because they had a 24 hr shuttle. The room was nice, lots of pillows. They had a nice bar for a few drinks and we also ordered dinner. Pretty tasty, French Dip and Fries for under $15.00. The shuttle was on-time just before 4:00 A.M. Driver took excellent care of luggage. It was a packed ride to the airport. Quite a few families with small children heading out for vacation. One other couple…guess where they are going…Hedo 3 to get married. It took our nerves down a few notches to see how excited they were. They were on our flight and had been to both Hedos before! Take off on-time with Air Jamaica, eat some pancakes, watch a movie, we’re almost there!

Arrival in Mo Bay
    10:30 A.M. Immigration/Baggage/Customs was a breeze. We were at the Superclubs desk within 40 minutes of arriving. Leave our large bags with the Hedo 2 guy and go check in. Resort is not full, no worries! Back out front Brian is recognized by another couple from our picture on the 4hedonism forum. He’s taken off-guard as he doesn’t do any of the posting and virtually has no knowledge of the people ‘we’ve’ met. He’s already shocked that people are so friendly. We head outside for a quick cigarette and just about miss our bus. (Note: If you are facing the Superclubs lounge there are doors to the right that lead outside. Those are the ones you want to go out, not the others in the front.) Our new friends save our asses! Thanks Bostoncpl! They send someone to look for us and hold the bus! Sweet, new friends rock!

Bus to Negril
    11:20 A.M. Bus is completely full, and have no idea how luggage was handled. We’re hoping it is on the bus since we were missing when it was loaded. I take a seat near the back and Brian takes the jump seat next to the driver. Drive was just over 1 hr with a stop-off for some Red Stripe. Didn’t know there was such a thing as Red Stripe Light so I am very happy Grab a couple for the road. (Note: Caps are not twist-off, better have a bottle opener with you. Brian carries a flat metal one that fits in his wallet.)

Check In
    12:30 P.M. Yikes, panic setting in. Resort is full. Bubbly-Bares are in house Couples are being turned away to other hotels. Crap…finally get to the desk and am told that they don’t know about our room….go have lunch and check back. No fuss, we do as we’re told. Had an excellent lunch. They had the pasta-station going, so we started with that and a couple rum and cokes. Back to the desk, woo-hoo we’re in luck. They have our room, it’s ready and we received an upgrade from Prude Garden to Prude Oceanview. Now I relax and promote myself to Brian as a fabulous trip-planner!

Room
    Clean, smelled fresh, everything (available) works for the most part. Missing alarm clock and iron. Make a call to the front desk to request. I think we received the iron the next day but never saw the alarm clock. Not important to some, but we like to nap after we ‘nap’ and sometimes that ‘sleeping pill’ can be a little heavy and we’ll sleep so sound the next thing you know it’s morning. 5th day of the trip there was a water main break, no cold water until 3pm. That’s ok, but damn that was the hottest shower I’ve ever taken. I had to stand outside of the shower to wash my hair because our drain was too slow. Hot feet!! There were 2 electronic safes, both in excellent condition. Plenty of hangers in closet, plenty of drawers for other items. Love the mirrors over the bed and over the dresser area. Our room attendant was wonderful. Flowers and towel animals on the bed everyday. Friday, next to last day of our trip, I was under the weather and she kept coming back and checking on me throughout the morning. Refilled my water and asked if I needed any Motrin too. We made sure to leave her some nice gifts everyday. Candles, gift sets with bath items in cute travel bags. She seemed to really appreciate them. My only request/wish…MORE PILLOWS. I LOVE PILLOWS and missed having a million of them to sleep with. We’re snugglers but he gets out of bed a good hour or more before me and I still want super-snuggling. Not happening with only 2 pillows. Waaaaa….okay done crying

Buffet Food
    Maybe it is because we do not have 5-star palates, but we like to eat and we really liked the food. Honestly this and alcohol brands were bigger concerns for him than being nude. There was always something at the buffet for breakfast/lunch/dinner that we liked. We had omelets almost every day for breakfast, the coffee is some of the best we’ve ever had. We drink it straight-up, it was always hot and always available. The pasta station was excellent. It is in a ‘cook-to-order’ set-up where you can select the ingredients you want (meat,vegetables,mushrooms,sauce) they saute all of the items in a pan and then add the type of past you want (tube,penne,spaghetti,fettucine). The salad bar was ‘ok’, I wish they would label the dressings. Dinner always had some type of meat carving station set up. We liked the roasted pork, beef filet, roasted seasoned potatoes. They seemed to always have some fish/seafood dishes and a lot of local Jamaica flavor dishes. Not what I eat at home, but hey I’m not here to get what I get at home. Fun to try something new.

Pastafari
    We had an excellent dinner at Pastafari. It was a nice 2-top table and it felt like we were on a date at a nice restaurant. I think the staff/servers are what provided the over-all catered to feel we loved. I loved the anti-pasta bar, my perfectly cooked filet dinner and the cheesecake for desert.

Munasan
    He really liked the experience. I don’t eat seafood so it wasn’t really my thing, but it was fun. I really liked the atmosphere of eating with 3 other couples and getting to know some of the people that were not at the nude pool throughout the week. Prudes do exist!!! LOL

Prude Grill
    Jerk chicken, nachos, grilled sandwiches, fries, soups. Yummy, hardly every ‘busy’ and an excellent spot to look out at the beach/ocean and people watch. This is where the newbies end up standing trying to decide to take the plunge! Nice umbrellas for shade and if we had some friends from home we may have been there occasionally playing some cards. Euchre anyone?

Nude Grill
    I already miss the afternoon grilled cheese, jerk-chicken and nachos! I swear I can still smell the jerk-chicken cooking if I close my eyes! Click your heels 3 times…there’s no place like home…there’s no place like home…there’s no place like home. Crap, didn’t work again today! Maybe tomorrow?

Food Highlights:
    Pineapple with every meal. I looooovvveeee pineapple.
    Jerk Chicken and Nachos
    Pasta Station
    Coffee
    Cheesecake at Pastafari
    Excellent staff

Nudity/Beach and Pools
    Well honestly we can only tell you about the nude pool and beach. We looked at the other pools but didn’t spend anytime at them. We didn’t see a soul in the prude pool the whole trip. Prude beach had some folks out there occasionally, but I have no idea what their stories were. We might have met them but we might have been having trouble recognizing people we had already met with their clothes on!! The nude pool is the place to be during the sunny hours of the day. Lots of fun people soaking up the sun, hanging out, cutting up and telling stories. My kind of place. Met some wonderful people just waiting on a drink at the swim-up bar.

As soon we dropped our bags in our room we changed into swim clothes (seems silly to have wasted the time to change now!), we headed down the nude beach. When we got to the nude area sign I was thinking…oh I hope he is ok with this. I look over to ask if he is ready and look at that he’s already nekkid! Well nothin’ to do but follow suit (or rather no suit hee hee) If you haven’t been before, this is my advice (take it or leave it) JUST DO IT. So glad we did it right away and didn’t wait. We would have been disappointed to have missed out on so much fun and great friends that we met. Our opinion was that we could always head back to prude if we didn’t like it, with knowledge in hand of the choice we were making, instead of wondering and having the regret of time missed if we would have went later.

Dropped our stuff off at a pool chair (all presently occupied but the occupant nearest saw our dilemma and offered to give up one of their chairs) People are so freakin friendly!! We’re in the right place! Recognized by more people from 4hedonism. Sweet! First drink was a dirty banana. Had heard so much about them that we had to try one. Well, that taken care of time to try the bartenders specials. We really liked the Scumba special, whatever it was, it was good. By 6 P.M we had over 20 new friends and were drunk off of our asses. Those Crazy-Phuckers and Ass Clowns you know who you are!! Brandyn from Canada stole our hearts, such a beautiful person and very funny telling Canadian jokes to all Americans. What a riot! Received a reminder that the sun was about to set, so out to the beach to have a looky-see. WOW so beautiful. Met some additional new friends.

We split our time between the nude pool and beach. We really liked taking a couple of chairs out to the jetty and just hanging out together for a couple of hours one day. There are crabs climbing down on the rocks that you can spot from your chair. Plenty of pipe, puffer, star and angel fish to be seen at the beach’s edge or around the rock jetty. (plenty of ‘Pipe’..hee hee) The puffer fish are larger than I would have expected and were found daily not even a foot into the water. A friend spotted a stingray out off of the boat dock too. I missed it but I believe she was more sad that I had just missed it than she was excited to have seen it so close!! We found some hermit crabs crawling on the jetty, not much bigger than the head of a Q-tip. You can put them in your hand. We had ‘crab-races’ too much fun. There is a bird (eucrid?spelling?) that comes to the nude pool daily as the jerk chicken is being served. He’ll wait long enough for a hand-out then be on to the next.

Spent a couple of hours out on a raft tied up to the rope. Discrete PDA’s rock! On the ocean, rockin the waves in the beautiful sunshine can’t be beat! Back in the bird sanctuary on the nude side by H-block is a hammock…more fun but be ready to balance yourself and have waffle ass and knees when finished. The rest of the time was hanging out beside the pool until you got hot enough to brave the chilly pool. Periodically slathering on the sunscreen. The sun will get you in the Caribbean. If you’ve never been before, error on the side of caution with a high SPF and work your way toward 0 or oils. I saw a lot of sunburns and regrets throughout the week. Not a way to spend your vacation. Remember no matter how tan you typically get, the baby-making parts are not used to the sun (well most people’s anyway) and they are way more sensitive. My honey’s ears were burned and pealing all week even with SPF 50 on. A hat is a good idea too.

Bars/Drinks
    Top shelf selections, Brian was happy that they had Jack and Crown available everywhere. Grey Goose and Absolute vodka available, but the tequila is really bad. Bring your own if it is a must have. Rum is Appleton (spiced) or Bacardi, no Captn’ if you happen to love it as much as I do you should bring your own. I personally was able to make do for the week.

Excellent bartenders at the nude bar. Happy to help you select a drink or to make a suggestion if you didn’t know exactly what it was you were after or if you wanted to try something new. We didn’t think the main dining room bar folks were quite as friendly. Kinda felt like you were bothering them to get you something a lot of the time. On that note, I’m guessing by the sad-faced prudes have been giving them a hard time all day maybe?? Disco bar was hit or miss. Piano bar was always on top of it. When we wanted a strong drink at any of the bars we would just say the alcohol name over and over then the mixer. Got lots of laughs from the bartenders and really good drinks. I want a vodka,vodka,vodka sprite. One bartender says, maybe you want a vodka,vodka,vodka slush? Maybe I do? Now my favorite!

Disco
    Liked going to the disco for a little bit every night. Great place to show off your costume or sexy get-up and get your grove on. Music was loud, but we’re used to that when we go out to dance clubs at home. A lot of ‘huh? What did you say? Oh, nevermind I’ll tell ya later…Can’t hear each other well but you can see each other dancing and that makes it worth it.

Piano Bar
    We are in our 30’s and were consistently asked, what is a young couple like you hanging out in here with old farts like us! LOL We didn’t feel that way at all. We really liked the atmosphere and groups that hung out there. Honestly a good time was always in full ‘swing’ at the Piano Bar. The songs are over-the-top and the ladies REALLY get into the party. The photo’s we witnessed being taken outside the bar were crazy. Bubbly-bares are a WILD ASS group!

Hottub
    Saw some interesting things going on after disco at the nude hottub. We played around a little with each other, but I personally couldn’t bring myself to ‘do-it’ there. It wasn’t that others were around (think we might have liked that), it was more to do with the ‘soup’ aspect of it. I’ve been known to have problems urinary/other from hottubs, lakes etc so we didn’t want to chance that happening on our vacation. That would have ruined Brian’s big smile at least 3X’s a day. Trust me, he found other places/ways to ‘break’ it on his own by the end of our trip without help from the hottub.

Theme Nights
    We did as many as we could! We slept through our 2nd night there, can’t remember what we missed but miss what we can’t remember??? Damn it we shagged (good!) passed out (ok) missed evening (bad!) I know that much! Some nights I just wore sexy clothes that I never would get a chance to wear at home. Dresses that would be considered a long shirt in the real world.

What we did manage to do:
    Fetish night he didn’t dress and I wore some of our cuffs/chokers from the ‘goody bag’ with a see-through dress.

PJ he wore ? sponge-bob boxers I think?? I wore a corset type outfit with garters and stockings.

Toga We used red material from home to tied on me and gold for him. We just draped the material over his shoulder and he wore his ‘shaved’ belt/buckle to secure it. Bought some olive branch garland at a craft store, cut it and used the green tacky tape to make small wreaths for our hair. Really liked our costumes. We both participated in the toga contest but neither won. I don’t want to sound negative about groups in any way (we’re in a group ourselves) but when there is a large group in the house the competition is going to be weighted. Of course you should vote for your own peeps! We would have! Totally understand. Also, I am one uncoordinated chick and couldn’t compete with the dance/booty shaking moves those ladies had going on. WOW! Plus, exposing myself for strangers with cameras didn’t really allow this for me. Again, not negative, but looking back I think we would have preferred to have observed and enjoyed each others company during that hour. Ya live, ya learn!

??? Not sure what night… We wore referee costumes, his even had a whistle on the front. We’ll call it a conversation piece (smile)

Waterslide
    Absolute favorite time of day was 12:30 – 1 A.M each night. Here that whistle, get a drink, drop your clothes, and slap some lube on those cheeks. Splash on-lookers in the disco, they can see you in the window and this is where all of the splashes from the slide end up. They did turn on the slide a couple of times during the day throughout the week but it wasn’t consistent. We had to get people together and find an EC each of the times we wanted to do it. Sunshine was always glad to help when we requested to turn on the slide. She stayed involved and handed out prizes. How many hours a day does that girl work? I swear I would see her around all day/night! Won a bottle of Appleton Rum for loudest orgasmic scream.

Excursions
    We only did one and it was a private nude sunset cruise hosted by the Crazy-Phucker group. One of the top highlights of our trip, most talked about together still and favorite pictures by far. Plenty of beer and rum punch (not to bad tasting in my opinion) Huge catamaran with a ladder/slide off of the side/back. I’m chicken (heights) and can’t swim well (not enough to try both!) so he did the slide repeatedly without me when we stopped to swim and snorkel. We watched the divers on the cliff perform. They will tease and ask for money before they will jump. No worries, another boat of tourists (Note: usually clothed and some with kids) will be along soon enough and they’ll help out $$. Some spectacular views and beautiful teal/turquoise/azure colored water. Stopped off at Rick’s Café. (a must do if your adventurous and want an awesome story to tell friends when you get home) Our boat was too large to get close so those that wanted to jump the cliffs had to swim in. In his opinion…DAMN that was further than it looks. Take a noodle/life-vest even if you think you are in shape. Some of our group took off before the captain had a chance to stop them and was pissed that they didn’t have any floatation devices. My sweetie didn’t get a chance, I made him take one. (who brought mom?! lol) Glad that he did because one of the guys who had smoked..hmm..hmm.. quite a bit on the way over got overcome with exhaustion and went under. He made it back up and asked Brian for his noodle. Glad he was there and had been using it so he had some reserves and was able to hold back and swim in with the guy. I think we nick-named him Turk…he looked like the guy from Scrubs. Brian jumped the high cliff twice and would gladly do it again when we get to go back to Negril again. Next time he wants to take a cab into town to do the jump. We would definitely do the nude cat cruise again. We paid $50 each and felt that it was more than worth it. A special thanks to Kathy (Mike/Kathy) from the Crazy-Phuckers. I couldn’t have jumped off that boat without your support. We’ll miss you 2 at the piano bar on our next trip. Thanks for Melissa (aka Julie the Cruise Ship Director and a smokin’ Courtney Cox look alike) and Chris for planning such an awesome day. XOXOXO

Trip Home / Summary
    4:30 P.M flight. Had our last lunch and made a layered daiquiri / pinacolada at the main bar. Relaxed by the prude beach pool on a bed until it was time to catch the bus. Were sent off by our new friends at Moon Hill. Took some last minute pictures and started feeling the DIF!. Long lines at AJ check in, but plenty of laughs telling people where we had been. Love the looks on their faces, priceless. Bought some duty-free at the airport, smoked a couple of cigarettes had a couple of Red Stripes at Cool Runnings Bar (Lounge, not sure on name) Yes, they actually have the movie playing on the TV’s in the bar. Flight delay of an hour or two and suddenly back in the Midwestern snow. Hey it’s still Valentines day when we get home and I have just had the best vacation of my life. To say we’ll go back again goes without saying really. We talked about plans for 2010 all the way home. We’re booked for Hedo 3 April 23- May 1 2010. This year we’re bringing some friends from home too!

So I wrote a book…no apologies! I love long trip reports from others too.
    Last edited by hedovirgins2009; 03-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

What a great trip report. Our virgin trip was last year to H3 and your trip report sounds so much like our experience. We have booked our trip for June 19-26.

No need to say your sorry for your book, lol, great info!! Looking forward to meeting you in 59 sleeps!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Great trip report, we went twice last year. Trying to figure out when we can get back home this year.

Loved meeting you guys!!! We didn't get back this Feb but you bet your ass we'll be back next year!
    We miss you guys!!!
    xoxox
    Saw you guys are going to H3, I'm jealous!
    Enjoy
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/BostonMel/random%20board%20crap/crazyph.gif

www.crzyphckers.com

Can't wait to get home!!!!!

Great report, glad you had fun...last year..lol..how the heck did you recall all those thing a year later. I look forward to reading your Hedo 3 report to see how you compare the two. Have fun...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Thumbs up

Great report...sounds like you two had a really good time...I swear while reading this I could actually see everything happening step by step....will have to keep the sunset cruise in mind...my hubby would love that.
    Wishful thinking became a fantastic reality.

Excellent report..!

Your report was GREAT...!

I agree on the food. My palate's not sophisticated, so I always found tons of stuff to scarf....especially at the nude grill....the dining room bar was the same for me and my friends in April 2009...

Ya'll sound like you had a great time too...

The only downside to your report is the elevated DIF you're making me feel.

Ya'll will be in a perfect position to compare H2 to H3...i'm sure each will have its own type of treasures....

Thank you so much for the wonderful report....I love reading them, esp when they're so positive.

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WOW! You took me back home. Hedo is such an amazing place. Thank you.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Thank you for all of the kind posts and PM's. Max we miss you guys too! Let us know when you plan your next trip, we may have to meet you there.

Added some pictures. Enjoy

Wonderful trip report!! Thanks so much for sharing it and for adding the pictures! Glad you had a great time. We see the Bubblies in November, they are wicked!
    Liz & Chris

trip report

Your trip report is the best one I've ever seen on this sight. The text plus the pictures made it perfect!
    We love the beach especially in the Caribbean!

Desire RM March 27th to April 3rd 2015

Desire Pearl : March 17 , Desire Pearl Dec 2019

Love the updated report, the pix were a nice touch...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

We sure missed you this year. Have a great trip to H3 and post another great trip report. We'll look for you in Feb 2011. Mike & Kathy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast