Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practical things: WiFi, gym, spa

Smile Practical things: WiFi, gym, spa

Hello!

Off to Hedo II for the first time at the end of March and I have a few practical questions, since there seem to be so many people here who head there so often.....

WiFi - How good / reliable is it? Is it expensive?

Gym - How decent is the equipment. I am a gym fan - I adore working out when I get up..... where is it realtive to the accomodation?

Spa - Do they have therapists that provide decent sports massage? Is it expensive?

Clearly the real fun will have nothing to do with any of these three. Can't wait to strip off in the sun and party all night - but useful to know these things anyway.....

Thanks!

xx

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WiFi is good and costs about $15 per day or $90 per week. I think they have 1, 3, and 7 day packages.

The gym is new and the equiptment is new. Lots of people workout. There is cardo equiptment and weight machines, as well as free weights. The gym & spa are next to the dining area and central to the whole resort.

The spa has messages both in the spa and at the beach. Never done them, but I hear they are worth it. Cost ?? $90 hr. ??
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Thanks.

This site is amazing. An instant response.

Roll on end of March....

x

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's why a lot of us are here. Just trying to lend a chap a hand...well not literally. LOL
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

The first two items are just not practical at H2...at least for us...LOL

I am computers 24/7 in real life and Rudy has bannished me from their use while we are at Hedo. And I agree! Hmmm...the gym? We wave at the people in the gym on our way to and from breakfast...the machines look nice...that is about all we know. The main activity we sweat at is done in the room...for the most part anyway. LOL

Now...the spa....YES...very nice, though we prefer to get our massages in the massage shack on the beach...

We will see you there if your dates overlap ours - 3/27 to 4/4

Tam
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

Quote Originally Posted by caughtyoulookin View Post
    WiFi is good and costs about $15 per day or $90 per week. I think they have 1, 3, and 7 day packages.

The gym is new and the equiptment is new. Lots of people workout. There is cardo equiptment and weight machines, as well as free weights. The gym & spa are next to the dining area and central to the whole resort.

The spa has messages both in the spa and at the beach. Never done them, but I hear they are worth it. Cost ?? $90 hr. ??
    Glad the question was asked about a gym...I was wondering myself. My wife is into working out, and it's nice to hear that they take the time to provide good equipment for those who like that sort of thing. But Tam...don't blame you one bit. I may drag my ass in there at some point during our week, but probably just because my wife guilted me into it. Then again, maybe not?

Rachel & I were last at H2 in Sept 2008, and for that week at least I was able to get free wifi in the main dining area near the lobby. It's possible this has changed though. As far as the gym and spa... I admired the equipment from the otherside of the glass. I understood that the equipment at that time had recently been upgraded.

The Blue Muhoe(?) spa is right next to the gym. They have several different massages to choose from and the prices were reasonable. My wife and I partook of the couples massage. My take on the experience? A little heavy on the oil and my masseuse had hands that could make an MMA superstar tap out crying... Rachel however loved her massage. Go figure

Jimmy~Rachel

Can't comment on the WiFi as it wasnt installed and working last May when we were there.I am visiting Fitness Pro the 1st week of May every year.The gym is very nice in fact probably one of the nicest you will find in the Carribean.There is a mix of Icarian machines and free weights also a very nice smith rack and crossover station machine.The gym also has a pretty decent set of treanmills(startrac) & Ellipticals.There was a # of recumbant bikes last time but there was talk of replacing them with more treadmills and ellipticals.ALso there is a nice sized aerobic floor just outside of the gym proper along with a set-up of spinning bikes.All in all I think you will find the gym and spa very adequate and well equipped................Doyle

Wifi resort wide was not installed last april when I went (pretty certain) and like Tam, I sit at computers all day so elect not to use one there. Might change since I can skype on my cell phone now though.

The gym. I've got to say it was very impressive. Maybe just cuz I wasn't expecting one of that class. It wouldn't be my "normal" gym, but it by far the best of any resort I've been at. I mean, come on, cross-over cables at a nudist resort? I have to admit though, I only made it there one time last trip. I'll probably be there more this year as I've decided to dabble in bodybuilding and don't want the free drinks and food to get ahead of me. I don't know about the cardio equipment as I don't don't do cardio. I have heard different reports relative to condition.

The spa is great. $90 was worth it for us. We live in podunkville so don't have that opportunity every day.

Why is April so far away?

Just FYI the gym usually has a personal trainer available included and possibly a yoga instructor along with a tennis pro all part of the superclubs. Also diving is included with scuba pro gear, great benefit I found.

Outstanding! The couple coming with us in July includes a personal fitness trainer. He'll be surprised to hear this I'm sure.

By the way, if your qualitys they can travel for free to the superclubs, check out fitprotravel.com. My wife now qualifye as a yoga instructor, yeah!

Great to hear about the gym. I try to get in at least 3 workouts the week we are on vacation.

Will and Laura
    Virgin trip to HII March 7-14 2010
    Trip 2 to HII - March 10-17 2011

When at end of March. We will be there March 29 to April 4

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    The WiFi works great at HII. In my mind it is expensive but was required for this trip.
    Cost was $15 daily or 90 for 7 days, they also had a 3 day package. It was simple to use.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast