Thread: Trip Number 9 – Every’ting was Fine! February 13-20, 2010

Smile Trip Number 9 – Every’ting was Fine! February 13-20, 2010

{As usual names and certain activities are not listed to cover the butts of the not so innocent }

After a week of snow and blizzard conditions I very happily flew out of the DC area and arrived in Montego Bay on time. I somewhat expected to see at least one of the many friends who were also arriving on the 13th, but I didn’t get lucky there.

Check-in was a breeze, for the first time I specifically asked for a 2nd floor room and fortunately one was available. It did take a bit to get my luggage delivered, but no problem there – I just went over to the wild side to see who I could find. Once there, I was pulled into the pool (clothing and all) and greeted with many hugs and hellos. By the end of the day I felt very lucky compared to several friends who ended up being delayed in Atlanta due to just a couple inches of snow. Thankfully they arrived (after making some crazy new arrangements).

Valentine’s Day was celebrated by having Dion and a female singer perform on the wild side daytime, and then having special decorations and an outside talent performer at dinner. Scumba was a main dining room bartender that night. It was the 2nd time I have seen him without his sunglasses and for him to see me dressed up. Of course, dinner would not have been the same if it wasn’t for a certain guest who brought light up heart necklaces and taught my table how to decorate an apple with accessories including a condom and specially shaped lollipop.

This of course leads me into the thought of how many people think this place is all about extreme physical activities… Well, I just have to say I had more fun one day walking to Margaritaville watching and listening to people comment about us (yep they let the zoo animals out again…) and then exchanging fart stories during lunch that had us all bending over and tearing up for a long time (& no we weren’t having ‘issues’ then….anyway…. Hehe! ) Then there were the adventures in toilet paper days and nights where fuzzy white stuff is found in usual areas….hide and seek anyone?

Yep and those days when friends finally got me to share a bed (mine and theirs), wink, wink! Of course, many people also got to watch as one guy put drinking straws on either side of the barbell in his pierced area and walk around with them like antennas.

Nightly Themes:
    Saturday Fantasy & Fetish
    Sunday Valentine’s Day
    Monday Jamaican Colors
    Tuesday PJ Party *
    Wednesday Pimp n’ Ho
    Thursday Staff & Guest Show/Toga Party
    Friday Glitter, Glam & Bling
    *Guests in normal clothing were allowed in the disco – not sure if this is a good idea. I knew a couple of these and they were not there to lurk, but still would like it to be limited. One younger guy looked like he just couldn’t believe what was around him – we were kind of chuckling about his expressions.

ECs: Winston, Mega, Dean, Christallee, Stephanie, Tressina, Rennix, Dwight, and Dale. Most of these are new (since my last trip in July ’09). I spent quite a bit of time talking with all of them except Dale (just never had the opportunity) and really appreciate the new energy. I exchanged funny stories with Stephanie, got asked to slow dance in the main dining area by Tressina (who hadn’t known I was there as a single before that night) and then dirty danced with Christallee in the disco. While I am not ‘into’ ladies, I love to dance, talk and be affectionate with all. Dwight and Rennix’s antics had me laughing, each in very different ways – one involved a bread fruit seed pod and the other a bathroom. Winston’s performances are a joy. He really livened up the piano bar and had us all dancing & laughing like crazy people one night.

There was a variety of performers during the week including ECs, outside talent and Dion. One very pleasant surprise was on Wednesday when I was approached by a Jamaican guy who reminded me of Brahm (Abraham Greene), a great Hedo II EC and performer 2 years ago, who had told me then that some people were more like family than guests while looking across a table at me. This trip he asked if I remembered him and while I did - I wasn’t 100% positive it was him since I had heard he was performing in other countries and really didn't expect him to be back. It was my bad, he was introduced to the audience soon afterwards as that evening’s performer. He is both an outstanding person and very talented singer. Luckily, I was able to beg forgiveness and catch up with him after his shows that night. For those who remember him, it sounds like he is performing both in Jamaica and other countries and he has a CD contract for his own songs – so be on the look out for this in the near future.

Going there as a single gal, it is a norm to be approached by many. Most of these offers are truly taken as flattery and/or are just fun. Almost feel bad for not being converted to the dark side… This week there really were only 2 guys who were more borderline or creepy. One guy came up to me at the bar letting me know he ‘loved’ me and asking what I would think of him making me a woman that night (like I am not one?) then, after I told him that it wasn’t going to happen (very strongly), continuing to try to get it to happen. I almost wanted to have a guy friend go up to him later, with one of the many condoms I bring there, and ask him if he wanted to be made into a real man later and see how he liked it. Hehe! The other time was with a security guard who approached me on the way to the wild side at night – he later was taken aside by a supervising guard (the black uniform guards are supervisory versus the gray uniformed ones). Both situations ended okay – were not aggressive. I continue to feel safe day or night there – which is important given the environment and my own boundaries. I also continue to come away from the resort with such a positive attitude from all the daily compliments and positive vibes

On a customer service note: Sophia from the front office called the room 3 of the days, only reaching me once to check on everything. The only odd thing about this is that I am not used to the phone ringing at all and the 2 messages only said to contact the guest services desk – had me a bit worried that something had happened back in reality (when it hadn’t).

For those who haven’t been, hedo is truly what you make it – it can be a place of making fantasies a reality or a place of calm relaxation. Fun things like dressing for the theme nights, bringing party props and generally being happy add up to a positive experience that is truly good for the soul. The Jamaican term ‘Respect’ is the philosophy of the place.

For those who I met while there, thank you for the great times, feel free to keep in touch (so to speak, wink,wink) and send pics if you have them. My day and evening outfits don’t have pockets…

Lisa

Note to self: Bring 200 condoms next time (for others! – don’t know what you were thinkin’. Hehe!)

Resort Comment Card Comments/Suggestions:
    *I understand the need for bug control, but the smoke deterrent was used at 6pm when guests were in hot tub area (not a good time for this to be done).

*During this trip there were 2 different toilet papers used - the plain/smooth type is horrible (comes apart and sticks to everything) - the textured type was more durable and is a lot more suitable for this type of environment. Small item, but big impact.

*There were very few blue mats for the beach area and those remaining are in really bad shape. Are new ones being ordered?

*Dining room and disco dance area needs more air flow to deal with the heat. In the dining room extra fans or more powerful ones to bring air through to/from lobby and pool areas would be excellent. Disco needs more A/C during active dance times.

*I understand about the lawsuit and need for limiting certain activities, but can the old entertainment games still be done? Trivia and bocce ball are ok, but the other fun activities were missed.

*Liked having Dion and the female singer down at the beach on Valentine's Day - good idea. The love songs Dion and his female singer played were just too slow/sad for the mood during the day. I would have them perform again - just need more upbeat/happy songs.

*Abraham Greene was a great performer - would love to see him perform again. His song choices and style are good for this audience.
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Wish we were there. Sounds like fun as always.
    Andy & Donna.
    next time

Thanks for the report, sounds like ya had fun....150 days until we get home...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016