Thread: Various questions about H2?

Various questions about H2?

Hi everyone. As a pretty much first time traveler and going to an all inclusive resort I'm curious. Are there places to go, visit, outside of the H2 resort during my stay? I'm not much of the tourist type but may want to venture ouside of H2 if there are places to go. If so what is transportation like outside of H2 and where would you suggest to visit?

How much cash is suggested to bring with me?

I booked my stay at H2 separate from my flight... so how do I let H2 know when I am arriving at Montego Bay for my transfer to the resort?

Is bringing a camera ok? Not to take pictures of what is going on but would like to take pictures of the scenic stuff and with hopefully those I meet during my stay, me waterskiing, etc?

Sorry for all the questions but this is a first for me.. ugh at the age of pushing 50.

Rick's Cafe is a must, it's about a 10 minute cab ride, go close to sunset, you will see the best sunset you have ever seen. Also check out the cliff divers there as well.

As far as cash, my wife and I usually bring about $300, but we don't do as many of the watersports as you are interested in.....as I think some of them might cost extra....some others on the board here will know better answers to that.

You should receive your Hedo package in the mail close to your trip, that will have your SuperClubs pass in there. Once you land at Montego Bay, there's a superclubs counter that can arrange bus transportation to the resort (included), you can take a cab (not sure the price on that) or you can fly a smaller prop plane (TimAir) I think for about $100 round trip (go to the Travel section of this forum, TimAir info is there).

Cameras are ok, but stay away from the Nude side of the resort, and don't go snapping pictures of people while you're there unless you have permission. If you want to take pics of the resort, I would do it earlier in the morning (just after sunrise) as the resort should be pretty quiet.

Hope some of this helps!

There are many places to go while at hedo2. Ricks cafe and watch the cliff diver or dive your self. zip line are a blast walk 7 mile beach go shopping you name it and you can pretty much find something to do everyday outside the resort. when you get to mobay they will tell you where to go to get your bus ride and or transfer to hedo2. while at the resort you will have to meet with your travel person most of the time it is the next day. this is the person who will make sure you get home on time.lol they will also help out with offsite things to go and do. camera yes nude pool no. but takeing pictures anywhere else is fine. this will be my first year to hedo2 but not to negril or jamaica. i have been to hedo3 twice and runaway bay 3 time. you will have the time of your life. we will be there march 5-12-10

Found this TimAir info from another thread (email and website is below) from Sept of last year....info might have changed...

-----Original Message-----

Sent: July-20-09 1:21 PM
    To: ME
    Subject: Re: E-Mail Request - Current Rates

Dear Freerain,

Thank you for your e-mail. TimAir Limited provides air taxi charters to
    Negril (not a scheduled service). This means that we will depart as soon as
    you have checked in with us. Flying time is 15 minutes. Flights are only
    available during daylight hours.

The one-way charter rate is US $203.00 for one passenger, inclusive of all
    fees and taxes. The round trip rate is US $401.00.

However, if it is possible for you to share a flight with other passengers
    the cost would be US $105.00 per person one way inclusive of all fees and
    taxes.

Please be advised that these rates quoted are the current rates and are
    guaranteed for a period of 30 days.

If you would like to make a reservation, please complete and submit the
    advanced reservations request form at http://www.timair.net. We will then
    send you back a confirmation with information for your arrival.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

First: you're going to have the adventure of your life. It may not be the adventure you're fantasizing about, but some of it will be way outside what you can imagine.

For a first timer, staying on the resort is fine. The two things I recommend are taking the cat cruise (sign up at the tour desk in the lobby, $70(?)pp) and walk down the road to the straw market (crafts) to buy your souveniers (haggle: offer 1/2 of what's asked, settle for 2/3).

We bring $200 in cash (5s and 1s) between us. US cash is fine in JA. Clear one credit card for use in JA that week, and use it only as needed.

As you exit Custom in MoBay airport, the Superclubs lounge is straight ahead. Check in there, and you'll be put on the next bus to Hedo, with all necessary paperwork.

Carmeras, used wisely, are fine.

Be friendly. Don't get pushy or sloppy drunk. Talk to everyone - and the vibe at Hedo is that you *can* introduce yourself to all... when naked. It's the "friend of a friend" syndrome that works very well there, in meeting others. If you go with no expectations, you'll have a wonderful time... and may have a very wonderful time.

John & Carol
    141 days to touchdown
    "Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride." - Anthony Bourdain

We have found that Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville Negril is the best one we have been to and we have been to more than our share. It opens right on to the beach...

Have fun...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Blog Entries
    water sports at the resort are free........

Waterskiing, scuba diving (with "C" card) sailboats, paddle boats all free. Waterskiing is at 9:30am daily and you don't need to sign up, just show up......ask the water sports guys. The ski you around the corner in Bloody Bay, which is spectacular, flat calm usually, along a great beach.

If you walk down the beach you can rent a jet ski at a few places.......I think it's $60.00 and hour.

Have fun, if you're there when I'm there I'll take the ski pic's for you and visa versa, LOL
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Blog Entries

Sand Gravity

Be advised, the sand gravity at H2 is very strong resulting in you thinking about rather than doing things on or off the resort. We're making our third trip next month and except for about an hour across the street where the vendors are, we have never left the property in 18 days at Hedo. In fact, we sit on a lounge chair on the beach and watch the kayaks and sailboats go by and say we ought to fdo that one of these days. I suspect we never will. Our biggest excursions are from the beach to the pool to the hot tub, in that order, same time every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuyBlueEyes View Post
    Hi everyone. As a pretty much first time traveler and going to an all inclusive resort I'm curious. Are there places to go, visit, outside of the H2 resort during my stay? I'm not much of the tourist type but may want to venture ouside of H2 if there are places to go. If so what is transportation like outside of H2 and where would you suggest to visit?

How much cash is suggested to bring with me?

I booked my stay at H2 separate from my flight... so how do I let H2 know when I am arriving at Montego Bay for my transfer to the resort?

Is bringing a camera ok? Not to take pictures of what is going on but would like to take pictures of the scenic stuff and with hopefully those I meet during my stay, me waterskiing, etc?

Sorry for all the questions but this is a first for me.. ugh at the age of pushing 50.

While this will be our first trip (July 4-11--woo hoo!), we are planning on horseback riding, zip lining, and the nude cruise in addition to what the resort has to offer. We aren't much for sitting around. I sometimes wish we were, it would be cheaper! A lot of our information has been found here and DennyP's Web site. His site has a list of off-site activities and links to them. Very helpful.

1st time questions

Are there places to go, visit, outside of the H2 resort during my stay? Yes - Negril is a nice little tourist town and there's plenty of low-key stuff to do nearby. Walking the beach is superb, and there are tons of colorful bars, shops, etc... along it. Taking a boat tour along the cliffs, and doing the Hedo snorkel boat are great too. Personally, I'm not a fan of Rick's cause it's expensive and usually crowded. The divers are fun to watch tho. We like the LTU Pub for a relaxed sunset bar/restaurant. Xtabi and the Rockhouse are also great (and you can snorkel at Xtabi if ya want).

If so what is transportation like outside of H2...? Either grab a taxi right from the Hedo parking lot (about 2x the cost), or walk just outside of the Hedo gate and grab a cab there. Should be $5 per couple each way from Hedo to anywhere along the beach, and $10/couple to or from the cliffs (incl. Rick's). Be sure to agree on the price BEFORE getting into ANY cab.

How much cash is suggested to bring with me? Depends on what you want to do. Prices are similar to the USA for food, drinks, activities, etc...

I booked my stay at H2 separate from my flight... so how do I let H2 know when I am arriving at Montego Bay for my transfer to the resort? No prob. Once you get your bags, you'll go into the arrival hall inside the airport. Just go to the Superclubs lounge, check in at the desk and they'll call you when the bus leaves for Hedo (usually 10-20 min).

Is bringing a camera ok? Yes - just be careful not to get folks in the background. There's lots of nice scenery at the resort, and the views of Long Bay beach are great.
    Liz & Chris

we agree with everything that has been said above in all the previous posts, however we'd also suggest for those more confident and adventurous to also consider renting scooters. they're a lot of fun to ride, it's difficult to get "lost" in negril since there's basically one main road up/down the strip. u then are basically free to zip around anywhere u wish, stop where u wish, and hang out as long as u wish. there is a variety of places to eat along 7-mile beach, and it's nice to get off the property for a few hours and experience the rest of negril. it's also very nice being able to zip up to rick's whenever u want, and leave when u want, not having to worry about taxis or shuttles. i'm not knocking them, but we really enjoy the freedom we have to able to do things off the premises since have been first and foremost lovers of island/people of jamaica, and then hedo.

prices are extremely cheap as well, tho i'm not sure what the website's policy is for discussion such things. if anyone is curious and wants any advice, feel free to drop us a note.

A good site on Negril. http://www.negrilinfo.com/negril.html