Thread: Airline Question

Airline Question

Last month we booked with American Airlines (AA)and had a connection in Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW). Our layover was originally 1:30 to 2 hours. We just learned that there was a change in the time of our flight going connecting into DFW. This time our flight connecting into DFW has a layover of 45 minutes. We were given the option by AA to choose an earlier flight which would give us a longer layover.

In relation to the layover we are concerned that if we stay with the flight that has the 45 minute layover, what are the chances that our luggage still follows us from DFW to MBJ? How is AA as far as on-time arrivals? Thanks.

I've been flying AA for about a year and and a half ,ever since Air Jamaica quite flying out of Los Angeles. In that time I have gone to Jamaica 6 times, and have only had a couple of delays,ten minutes or so.I've connected in Dallas and Miami. I like Dallas better, as it is a really nice airport. But It is also really large,so 45 minutes if you have any delays just might be a bit to close, I would take the earlier flight. I have never had any issues with luggage with them either.
    Hope that helps.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

We are with Offshore...its Hedo...error on the side of caution...we do not want anything to cause a delay in us getting home for our fix...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

We had this problem the year before last in Dallas. We switched to an earlier flight. We had a long layover, but since the airport is so large, we got a chance to explore a little and keep ourselves busy. With such a short layover, and since it is an international flight, I would be a bit concerned with the luggage. We were told by someone that for international flights, you are "supposed" to have at least a 47 or 48 (or some odd number) minute layover. We have also never had any problems with arrivals, in fact, we normally arrive ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by hedo3lovers View Post
    We had this problem the year before last in Dallas. We switched to an earlier flight. We had a long layover, but since the airport is so large, we got a chance to explore a little and keep ourselves busy. With such a short layover, and since it is an international flight, I would be a bit concerned with the luggage. We were told by someone that for international flights, you are "supposed" to have at least a 47 or 48 (or some odd number) minute layover. We have also never had any problems with arrivals, in fact, we normally arrive ahead of schedule.
    yeppers....instilled in me in the military...can't stop it, been retired since 1994...you can not be late....if you are early....

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

You would probably make that connection 9 out of 10 times. You just don't want that one missed connnection to be on a trip to paradise. Definitely take the earlier flight.
    We love Hedonism II

Take the earlier flight and be prepared for Murphy's Law to kick in. If it doesn't then its a bonus. A little extra wait in DFW isn't that bad a price in order to get to paradise!

Blog Entries
    Who wants to run and be nervous all morning, take the earlier flight and a good book, relax, have a drink it's vacation.

Couple of hours at the airport as a guarantee of making the connection and the eventual sucessful arrival to Hedo, cheap insurance...
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Thanks for the responses. I called AA and they give me another option of choosing to go through MIA and having an hour layover. But the good thing is that if we choose this option we get to Jamaica at 10:30 am. We'll see what happens. What has people's experience been like at MIA?

Blog Entries
    Last year I flew AA through Miami and it was all good.

Return trip home to Boston was a nightmare though, AA bumped me from my reserved seat before I even left Jamaica.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

We made our decision. We're going with an earlier flight connecting into MIA. The layover is a little over an hour (which is what we wanted) and we get to Jamaica in the morning as well. Thanks everyone for all of your help :-)

as an airline pilot...good call!

What is the best time of year to travel from Philadelphia to Hedo for the best airfare ?