View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the buffet during your stay at Hedo?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not at all

1 1.25%
  • Not really

13 16.25%
  • Undecided

3 3.75%
  • Somewhat

26 32.50%
  • Very Much

37 46.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the buffett food at Hedo?

What do you think of the buffett food at Hedo?

"What do you think of the buffett at the Hedo resorts?"
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-25-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Cool RE: What do you think of the buffett food at Hedo?

Redacted
    Last edited by EastWest; 06-22-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Cheers,

D & L

July 2009: Hedonism III
    July 2011: Hedonism II

http://69eastwest69.tumblr.com

Hello all, we were at III for New Year's eve, I/We found the food to be good, sometimes very good. We ate at both restaurants, Pastafari, the portions could have been a little bit larger, and the service could have been a little bit faster, but hey, "no problem mon" as far as the portions, my appetizer had 1 scallop, about the size of a marble, 1 shrimp, about the size of my toe, and not the big toe either, and maybe 3 strans of fettuchini, it was tasty, but small. The Japanese restaurant was good, not great, but not bad, and for the dinner buffet, to me it seemed like only 1 night the flavor of the food was off, other than that, I thought it tasted pretty good, breakfast is breakfast, although the pancakes were tasty, lunch at the cafe near the water, had a very limited menu, and seemed to always run out of Jamaican meat patties, your in Jamaica, how can you run out of Jamaican meat patties??? LOL Overall, we had a very good vacation, food, people, staff, resort, and fun......Although 1 last suggestion, they could bring in a few bottles of Capt' Morgan Rum......
    Jo- & Mark

Blog Entries
    I have always very much enjoyed the food. It is not fabulous, and the desserts are not rich and enticing, but still very good. I rate the buffet about like any regular buffet back home. The restaurants much like any average restaurant. Scotch Bonnet is better than your average bar and grill. The nude grill is great - not even sure what to compare that too, where else can I walk up to a counter nude and have the great service and carefully prepared food that John provides.

If you compare it to a good restaurant, or a cruise where everything is all about the food, then you will be disappointed. I can't see complaining that the food should be better considering how much we pay - we drink so much I'm surprised there is anything left to feed us crazy hedonists with.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Edible
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    Hey boat, I so found myself wishing for some Capt'n, but do appreciate the support for their local flavor and economy by supplying appleton.

We love the pasta station and breakfasts were always great. If I were to lose weight while at Hedo I might wonder but somehow I end up gaining a few pounds, guess the food must be just fine! "Hey, throw some extra mushrooms in that please" I wish I had some jerk chicken and nachos for lunch today!

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-25-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hare2party View Post
    ...I can't see complaining that the food should be better considering how much we pay - we drink so much I'm surprised there is anything left to feed us crazy hedonists with.
    Nail on the head Rob, we consume enough liquor, who notices the food quality...lol..with the exception of that one meal in 2004, we have never had issues with the food at either Hedo.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

It worked well for me, had the munchies the whole time...

H2 Saving graces (food wise)
    (1) Breakfast - and eggs are never the same without Charlie
    (2) Jerk Chicken - 4pm (nude pool)
    (3) Grilled cheese - poolside grill anytime
    (4) Pastafari's
    (5) Japanese stir fry
    (6) MOST IMPORTANTLY -- this is one resort I never gain weight at. Eat so little at the buffet that I don't gain!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boatlover1995 View Post
    .....Although 1 last suggestion, they could bring in a few bottles of Capt' Morgan Rum......
    I resisted commenting to this one until my lovely Elle saw the post and almost had a heart attack. SACRILEGE! You are in the land of Jamaican Rum and you would drink Capt' Morgan? Inconceivable!

Although ... that does leave more of the real rum for us ... ok ... go ahead and drink that swill

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

H3 Scotch Bonnet is amazing- love the patties but gots to stay away from them! Nude grill and bar has great french fries and cheeseburgers!!! The buffet- I honestly don't remember but of course the dayz start blending in! I remember the people and the activities. I am looking forward to another blended week at H3 in July!!! I recently started drinking captain n diet! Looking forward to drinking the real Jamaican Rum!! I might have to bring some home!!

We came we saw ...Were cumming again!

Guests eat food at Hedo? Damn we will have to try that next time!!!

kinda undecided. some was pretty good (for the cost) other was not to my liking. Too hung over for most breakfasts. Ate at the pub at the beach for lunch. Dinner was good, but often too muggy for an appetitie.

I'll admit it's not the end all be all, but when you find your niche, it's quite good. Breakfast is always good and the omelet station is great. Still, hard to screw up bacon and eggs too much.

John at the Nude Grill is fantastic. We love the crab salad and jerk nachos. The Reggae Cafe, or whatever the are a calling it this week, is good stuff. Not fancy, but kind of like good diner food. The buffet for lunch and dinner is usually decent. I don't like everything, but like I said, find you niche and stick with it. The midnight buffet is the best. Lots of comfort food and after a a couple hours in the disco, a few trips down the water slide nude and too many drinks, anything would taste good!

Really it depends on you expectations. If you want 5 star food, go somewhere else. If you want average to great food, Hedo gets the job done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast