Thread: Fantasy Fest 2010

Fantasy Fest 2010

Hi everyone,
    we are planning on going to fantasy fest in Key West this October. We have been told that it is a hell of a party...We want to know if any of our fellow Hedonites can give us information or contacts for the different parties, accomodations, maybe a group that is going. I would like to go ahead and get a room booked off of Duval somewhere, and need some advice. Thanks

Travelers
    Hedo 3
    July 24-31 2010

Just got back 2 weeks ago. Great time. Adult spring break. We stayed just off Duval on Fleming St. @ Marrero's. It has tiny clothing optional pool. It was an okay B&B. Old, creeky floors. Heard everyone coming in at night. We were told by another couple that they've been goinig down for years and that they've had better & cheaper accomodations. Location, location, location ? Must see & eats : Irish Kevin's, architecture, southern most point in U.S., El Siboney (great hole in the wall Cuban food & a little off the beaten path, yet walkable), Blue Heavan breakfasts (Watch out for the roosters!) I forget the name (Something Garden of Eden possibly) but it's three bars iin one and the top deck is clothing optional. Also a great time was a personally chartered sunset dinner cruise on the DreamChaser. Ken & Kathy run it. Very nice.

P.S. A great Adult/Costume shop as you head to the marina on Front Street. Fairvilla Megastore. Great pirate costumes.
    Last edited by C&EinNE; 02-08-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Ff 2010

Went down last year for the first time and we knew we were going back this year before we even left! Look up krazykwere.com and join in. We fly right into Key West and there is no reason to get a car. Check out "Have you used Suzie" for a place to stay depending on what type of lodging you want. And dress up, that is what makes it so much fun!!!

We went for 2008, was fun, but turned out to be a little pricy, was our first time & didn't know the ropes....we stayed @ Ocean Key resort on Duval street, was nice, huge room, but on the expensive side, we have alot of pictures, any other info we can give you Guys, you are welcome to, just ask....you can speak with Suzie, but I think renting a condo works out to be much cheaper, and if you split it with another couple or 2, its even cheaper.....
    Jo- & Mark

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have been to Fantasy Fest 10 times now including last October and it is so much fun...
    Mardi Gras on steroids--lol. I'll be back again this October for #11 and can try to help you with any info you might need.

Fantasy Festers in the Krewe de Krazy Life love Key West & Fantasy Fest so much that they requested I organize an annual trip to Hedonism resorts so that we could enjoy some Mid-Year Reunion-Rendezvous fun like at Fantasy Fest (and this year we are at Hedo III from June 5-13 for the 4th year and all fun-loving adults are invited to join our group).

In Key West during Fantasy Fest our group is about 300-500 strong and online the group is about 2,500 or so. Our group has a key contact in Key West for accomodations (available--just email me--she is incredible). We also have a weekly chat, lots of links and photos too. All you need to join is smile and a love of fun, costumes and good times.

You can learn about the KrewedeKrazyLife both at Fantasy Fest & Hedo at these three sites:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Krewedekrazylifers4Hedo3/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/keywes...guid=258505903

http://www.krazykrewe.com

As for the parties, etc...as the event gets closer, the group will have access to some of the more exclusive private parties as well as the public events like the parade. (The Krewe has its own float).

You will enjoy Key West and Fantasy Fest as a Hedonite...

Ann, The TravelSlut

I have a good friend who lives down there and we have a float in the parade every year, you haven't partied there till you're on a float!

Lots of fun, we usually have to protect our females at the end of the night though it gets really aggressive.

I have a gallery online of our last FF week if anyone wants to see them, send me a PM I dont want to post it in the open.

We have been to FF seven times but are still hoping to break our Hedo cherry soon. I keep reading and wishing but haven't made it yet.

Ann the Travel Slut gave you all the links for finding the best group info at FF and for rooms look for the Suzie threads, she is the best. You can also pm anyone who knows the Krewe for Suzie's contact info.

I have been told, and I agree, that for the best price you should either book very early or else wait until 30-60 days before and book then. We booked before we left in 09 but there are lots of cancelations at the 30, 60, and 90 day marks when final deposits come due. Last minute is also when places will relax the minimum stay requirements.

Hey C&EinNE... when were you at Marrero's? We were there from Jan 25-30. It is pretty typical of B&B's in Key West and one of only two with official c/o pools. We met a lot of people there during our week so maybe we met?

Missed you by a week. We were there the 14th - 17th.

Blog Entries

Talking Awesome time

Hi , we are regulars at Key West, we will be at Fantasy Fest this year his first her second, we know the streets like our own hometown, you will have an awesome, time, places to stay for that time are pretty pricey, but worth it, great places to eat, and drink, Irish Kevins our favorite bar, we actually closed 12 bars one night looking for 15 this time, lloking to meet up with fun couples, we will also be at HDEO III Aug 5 til 12 hope to see you at either place Joyce and Harold

key west

we have a place in key west definetly looking for fun people we'll be in hedo 3 7/24-31 hope to see u in kw

Went in 2009 and will go again this year. Fantastic time - the people and the parades are fantastic. Lodging is expensive and you need to book early. I'm retired military so I use the camp grounds at the Naval Air Station, KW - $12/nt - had a beautiful tent site overlooking the gulf just 100' from the always clean bathhouse. Very familiar with KW if you have other questions.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Magicguy...did we meet at FF 2009 and get a photo together?

Ann, The TravelSlut
    less than 90 days to go to Hedo III for me!

Is it October yet?