Thread: 1/23-30/10

1/23-30/10

We got back from H2 6 days ago. I'll start by saying that the last day we put down a deposit for same time next year. On the bus ride home we were batting around the idea of 2 weeks next year. Suffice it to say we had a good time. We went to H3 last year and enjoyed both.

First, as advertised, the rooms at H3 are newer and nicer. That said, the room at H2 was clean and everything worked. That was all we really cared about. It worked just fine for sleeping and sex which is all that was important.

We did like H3, but, the beach and grounds at H2 are off the charts better. We did like having a nice nude beach. In fairness, I think the pools (nude and quad) are better at H3. There is no pool analogous to quad pool at H3. And, the nude pool is comparable, but we did like the vollyball net at the nude pool at H3. It was a great social event. The volleyball net is at the prude pool at 2 and no one used it at all.

I think it is a fair assessment that the crowd is a bit younger at H3, but there was enough diversity at H2 for everyone to find someone to hang out with. We think that also a big factor is the week you go. If you go during a takover week there can be a much younger crowd. We went during HedoKamaSutra week which was a big group from Canada and Michigan and actually booked with them for next year.

The restaurants and entertainment are pretty much the same. Although at H2 there was also a great house band that played at dinner and people would actually be dancing there during/after dinner. The gym is nicer at H2. I think the Piano Bar guys is better at 2.

I think in the end the beach and grounds won out for us and led us to rebook at H2 for next year. We may go back to 3 some day, but for now it's 2. You can't go wrong with either.
    lizzie and jesse

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. We have never been to either Hedo. We are having trouble deciding. We are planning to go in Sept. for our 10 yr. anniversary. We are leaning towards H2. I am a huge beach bum. I don't care about a pool. I have on of those in my subdivision. In looking at pictures of the rooms, it seems that the rooms don't have a balcony to sit on and enjoy the view. Is this true? Again, thank you for the comparison. It was quite helpful.

Our room did not have a balcony. I'm not sure about some of the ocean view rooms. I know I saw some with a hot tub on a deck outside the room.
    lizzie and jesse

1st floor jacuzzi rooms have small patio but no, afraid no balconies. however there is a small sofa right against the windows and I spend a lot of time there sitting looking out over the water when I first get up each morning/afternoon! Balconies would be wicked--think of the PDA/PDP shows from them!!

Thanks for the trip report!
    Kiki

Jon's Fluffernutters July 11-20, 2014
    Jon's Fluffernutters July 2013
    Jon's Fluffernutters July 2011
    Jon's Fluffernutters Feb 2010
    Jon's Fluffernutters Feb 2009
    Jon's Fluffernutters Feb 2008

Blog Entries
    Elle/Jay

it's the only place I've been in Ja that doesn't have a balcony. I so want a balcony, but not having one gets you out of the room and into the mix.

And for what it's worth, if you're a beach person you'll definately want to go to H2, it's on Negril beach which is public and you can walk 7 beautiful miles of it if your in the mood. There is a undeveloped stretch not far from the resort that is beautiful for a nice private swim.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Thanks for the trip report, we have been to both before and going to both again this summer...we prefer Hedo 3, but thats us and we agree, you can not go wrong with either..thats why we go to both..

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 02-07-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

THank you for the post..We are heading to HII Mar 8th and can't wait...was there 2 years ago and haven't stopped reliving the experience. Sounds like the place hasn't changed much and that is good. From what you indicated...bet ya can't wait to get back! d&s

Yeah, we can't wait to get back. Like the couple from above, we're also considering doing another week next year and going to both resorts. We'll see.
    lizzie and jesse