Thread: Hedo vs Temptations

Hedo vs Temptations

Heard someone say: "Temptations is like Hedonism but more high-end."

I thought STFU. From what I gather, Temptations is nothing like Hedo.
    Steve and Melissa

Virgin Trip - MILF Week @ Hedo III, 2009/01/03 thru 2009/01/10
    2nd Trip - MILF Week @ Hedo III, 2010/01/02 thru 2010/01/09 **Married on January 6th, 2010
    3rd Trip - Hedo II, 2015/04/20 thru 2015/04/27
    4th Trip - Hedo II, 2016/04/25 thru 2016/05/02

I am going to be of no help to you here.. I have never been to Temptations. However, I truly believe there is NO place like Home (Hedo)!!! Have fun wherever you go.. cause that is what it is all about.

DIF DIF

Cheers,
    G
    www.awolinhedo.com

Trip #5, 7/29 to 8/7, 2010

We haven't been to Hedo yet, but we will be there in 2 weeks!!! Can't wait!!

We have been to Temptations in Los Cabos, the grounds are really nice, and the rooms are great. The problem is there isn't a lot of privacy because they are building high rise resorts RIGHT in full view of the topless pool. I have heard that Temptation in Cancun is more secluded. If you decide to go let us know what you think. ;-)

Temptations

We've been to Blue Bay Gateaway/Temptations Cancun 4 times. The resort itself is very much like Hedo 3 however the EC staff at temptations are out of this world. They EC staff are the entertainment and it is a lot of fun during the day. Topless only environment and not really a swingers environment although there is a little going on. Let say about 10% of the guest. Night time activity consist of spending a ton of money so the staff can take you downtown to the bars.

Hedo 3 on the other hand, the entertainment are the guest, people like you and I getting outrageous and having fun, oh and we do it all in the nude. Hedo is a supercharged sexual environment where even non swingers would be tempted to join in on the fun. Although the EC staff are good here, they are no match for the staff @ BBG/TT.

Would I go back to BBG/TT, Not a chance. You just can't find this type of environment anywhere. Hedo is home.
    Naked forever, DIF.

Hubby and I went to both Hedo III (May+Nov 09) and Temptations Cancun(Sept 09). Had a ball at both.
    For the most part, Hedo gets our votes hands-down. The one thing about Temptations that we liked was the Wild Ride to shopping on the local bus.....Karen

A couple in our group did both Hedo and Temptations in 2009. The reports we got from them was temptations is a nice place to relax...who goes on vacation to relax???

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Temptations Cancun is a great place. It has some advantages over Hedo 3 (the only one we have been).

Pros
    Closer to airport than Hedo 3
    Location is closer to other things like shopping, bars, restaurants. You can walk right out the front and go to a store or steakhouse.
    Rooms are updated within last 2 years
    Way better beach than Hedo 3
    Many more restaurant options for dinner.
    Most important - PRICE IS ALMOST 50% LESS THAN HEDO

Cons
    Nightlife options are off resort.
    The on resort disco closes early
    Pools and hot tubs close after 9:00 PM
    No full nudity
    No PDA
    Different classes of service for Timeshare owners

We love both resorts and we go to both every year. Ultimately, we go because of the people we meet. Both resorts have great people working there and great people that go there. Like most resorts, they are what YOU make of them. If you want to relax, relax. You want to party, party.

I agree with everything dmaldon said above...I'd like to add a few things.

When they say the disco closes early...that means it's DEAD after 8pm when the resort pushes for everyone to leave their all-inclusive vacation and go out to bars where for $15 you get about two hours of drinks and have to pay for your own taxi back to the resort.

The disco is brightly lit for the rest of the night with terrible music and if you can even find the DJ he doesn't pay attention to your requests.

We didn't find the EC staff particularly entertaining when we were there in January 2009...but they weren't bad either.

The main buffet was pretty bad for breakfast and dinner...lunch was ok. The midnight buffet was enough to gag a maggot.

There aren't hot tubs...there whirlpools sunk into the main swimming pool. In other words, it's the same water temp as the rest of the pool.

The resort is MUCH cleaner and nicer and new and fresh and pretty. Rooms are beautiful and comfortable and spacious.

If I recall there are 4 specialty restaurants and they are fantastic! Better than any food we've ever had at Hedo. You cannot use them on an unlimited basis however..I believe it's once at each one for the week but they did seem to make exceptions if it wasn't busy.

Service in general kicked butt! While there are great employees at Hedo there are also those that will ignore you. At Temptation they went out of their way with service and attention. Of course...at Temptation tipping is allowed but we certainly didn't tip every employee who did any little thing for us.

Spa services were fantastic. I had this "little boy" (looked like he was about 18) come in to give me my massage and thought oh no....this is going to be disappointing. It was THE best massage I've ever had anywhere back home or on vacation (aside from hubby!) and when I told him he could massage harder...he didn't hold back and did a great job. My legs were literally like jelly after I was done! The spa was very elegant and pretty as well.

PDAs are zero tolerance....you will be kicked off the resort for any overt displays. The crowd, jsut like Hedo, seems to depend on the week. For New Years week the place seemed to have a lot more "private" swinging going on than we expected but still nothing like we see at Hedo.
    Last edited by MaryW; 01-30-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com