Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far walk from OV Prude to Nude Beach?

How far walk from OV Prude to Nude Beach?

Here is a silly question. We are staying OceanView Prude to save a few $. How long is the walk to the nude beach? I read where you need to bring rafts and I have a double wide for me and my baby. Is it going to be a lot of hassle to lug it each day or should I get a couple of single rafts. (LOL single could be fun...less space so we would have to stack ourselves)

First off, you'll just lug it that first day...and stop at the watersports shack and ask them to blow it up for you. Then just write your names and dates staying on it with a Sharpie & leave it on the nude beach under the big tree. It'll be fine there and others can use after you leave.

As for the walk, it'll take you about 3 minutes if you're moving slowly and about 1/2 hour if you know a lot of people and stop to chat along the way.

No worries!
    Liz & Chris

Y'know, I've been looking for a simple inflatable raft online for a bit now. It seems EVERYONE has the exact same selection of pro and college football rafts. It's as though there's nothing else anywhere. Amazon, Walmart, wherever I look, the same selection from the same manufacturer. Am I missing some obvious supplier? Is Google doing me wrong?

EDIT:

Hmmm. maybe it's the DIF numbing my brain. http://www.toysplash.com has more or less what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by P&M; 01-27-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: DIF, apparently

There are usually plenty of rafts there left by other guests.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks, you guys are quick on the replies.
    Newbies always worry about everything but I just want my sweetie to have a wonderful vacation. If Hedo is as good as the people I have met on here we can't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by P&M View Post
    Y'know, I've been looking for a simple inflatable raft online for a bit now. It seems EVERYONE has the exact same selection of pro and college football rafts. It's as though there's nothing else anywhere. Amazon, Walmart, wherever I look, the same selection from the same manufacturer. Am I missing some obvious supplier? Is Google doing me wrong?

EDIT:

Hmmm. maybe it's the DIF numbing my brain. http://www.toysplash.com has more or less what I'm looking for.
    Try pool supply stores...that's where we always find the best selection...though pricier.
    Liz & Chris

The used raft selection was nearly non existent in November L&A. Good to check just before you go if it's important to have one.

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    We got our raft on ebay and loved every minute we 'rode' it at Hedo! As for your room here are a couple of pictures from our prude/ocean view last year. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

Thanks Hedovirgins

Great pics. We were wondering about the view and are definitely taking a raft to "ride". I noticed that you are hoosiers too. We are from Evansville and looks like we will be at Hedo II Mar. 11 - 21.

We are staying in prude GV in July. Not worried about the walk. We wanted to save the money for an extra night.
    I also had a question about rafts. How big is to big. Wife and I found some great rafts and loungers but they seem huge. Also are the rafts used in the pool too?
    Thanks
    See you in July,17-24

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    We take a double and a single with us. The double is more fun . In all of our trips we have never seen a raft in the pool.....it is usually too full of nekkid peeps. The ocean at HII is very calm we ten to tie off on the bouy line .....

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

I have been on a raft in the pool but was one of the blue floaties off the lounge chairs!! Another Fluff put me on it and with a cup of rum cream, floated me around the pool to make "introductions" on my very first trip! ahhhh, great memories! 22 days and counting !!
    Kiki

Jon's Fluffernutters July 11-20, 2014
    Jon's Fluffernutters July 2013
    Jon's Fluffernutters July 2011
    Jon's Fluffernutters Feb 2010
    Jon's Fluffernutters Feb 2009
    Jon's Fluffernutters Feb 2008

We usually take rafts with us too, just a tip, make sure the one you take has a space built in for your drink. this really helps when you need both hands free!!! Take a permanent marker and write names and dates on it so others don't use while you are there. See all in July...
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
    We usually take rafts with us too, just a tip, make sure the one you take has a space built in for your drink. this really helps when you need both hands free!!! Take a permanent marker and write names and dates on it so others don't use while you are there. See all in July...
    The tip with the cup holder is good, if you get the type with multiple holes(like cup holders) it gives you a little toe hold when you need it.( Sometime they can be a little slippery with suntan lotion on)

Unhappy Rafts and sunburn

We always get our rafts from Walmart, we buy extras in the summer months, I don't think Walmart has them out yet, especially here in Michigan.

Here's another question. Can a person get sun burn't under a shade tree, or any type of shade?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast