Thread: Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer

We just got back last night. We had a great time. I wanted to take time to write about a couple we briefly met. We have been on this forum since last spring, and many times we have seen threads about people being concerned about their appearance. Confidence is the key to being sexy. We actually met them in the lobby while waiting on lost luggage, of course we all had our clothes on. It wasn't until we saw them on the beach that I noticed she had a double mastectomy. I had never seen this before nor been around anyone with this radical procedure. She was absolutely beautiful!!! I watched her walk the beach and converse with others. I don't think I have ever seen so much confidence and beauty all rolled up into one package. I just wanted to write about this couple and tell them how wonderful I thought they were.
    Last edited by travelers; 01-25-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by travelers View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen so much confidence and beauty all rolled up into one package.
    Now THAT's beautiful. Best post today! You've restored my hope. -Mars

Blog Entries
    I agree!

Nicely said!!
    Live well, Love much, Laugh often

Thanks for that message, travelers. And thanks to that couple, who ever they were. Just proves there are angels everywhere, if we care to see them!

Nardia

Awww gosh that is so lovely to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by travelers View Post
    We just got back last night. We had a great time. I wanted to take time to right about a couple we briefly met. We have been on this forum since last spring, and many times we have seen threads about people being concerned about their appearance. Confidence is the key to being sexy. We actually met them in the lobby while waiting on lost luggage, of course we all had our clothes on. It wasn't until we saw them on the beach that I noticed she had a double mastectomy. I had never seen this before nor been around anyone with this radical procedure. She was absolutely beautiful!!! I watched her walk the beach and converse with others. I don't think I have ever seen so much confidence and beauty all rolled up into one package. I just wanted to write about this couple and tell them how wonderful I thought they were.
    We tip our hats to you, you are 100% correct, "confidence is the key to being sexy"....as for the Lady with the double mastectomy who was there, we applaud you, ENJOY LIFE....you know like very few people in the world the value of life and your health, my Wife has had Her health moments, nothing as dramatic as yours, but it has changed the way we think & see things. And only yesterday I found out that a guy I grew up with, and thought of as a brother from the age of 16 till 21, and haven't seen or spoken too in about 15 yrs is paralized from the waist down. Live everyday, and don't put off calling that person you haven't heard from in a while and just thought of......
    Jo- & Mark

In all the years and visits that we have been to Hedo we have met some of the greatest and most accepting people in the world. We have had the honor to met with cancer surviors, amputees, and many others. This past trip, there was an elderly couple with the onset of Parkinsons and it was amazing how EVERYONE was so helpful with them gettting into and out of the pool and hot tub. I think that is probably one to the biggest reasons that we go to Hedo year after year it that everybody is made to feel welcome and not judged on your appearance, it doesn't matter your age, weight, social ranking, race, or anything else. You feel welcome from the time you check in, until that dreaded day that you have to check out. Can't wait to get back home in July...See all then....
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

This thread gave me some goosebumps! Stories like this are what makes me fall in love with the Hedo experience and Hedo people year after year. I have met so many amazing people at Hedo from all walks of life, races, sizes, and challenges.. one thing seems to be the common thread of hedo goers: acceptance and love. I try to explain this to my friends who are not interested in Hedo, and I know they don't get it. I don't think you can get it until you experience it. Once you go, you know....
    Wonderful post. THANKS! (and thanks a lot for making the DIF even stronger!). LOL

Cheers,
    G
    www.awolinhedo.com

Trip #5, 7/29 to 8/7, 2010

Amazing

Thanks travelers for your post. My wife has had some health issues this past year and has had to have some surgeries. Because she's one to take care of herself physically, she wasnt feeling great about herself for not being in shape lately. I personally of course find my wife very sexy all the time. Your post has given us some hope that people see beauty for who they are and not always what they look like. For those who havent met the travelers, we met them last summer at hedo and we can say that you would be hard pressed to find anyone more positive than these two people. We enjoyed their company immensly simply because of their outlook on life, it's very contagious. Anyways guys, great post and we hope you had a fantastic trip 2nd time around!!