Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is cuba worth it?

Blog Entries

Is cuba worth it?

Hello hedo world..

Hope all is well. Happy New years!! While at hedo 3 I met 2 couples.. both were canadian and both have gone to cuba. Now as an American I am unable to leave from America to go to cuba. Most people, actually everyone i spoke to says fly to canada and then to cuba. This make me nervous. If a plane has to make an emergency landing in the US, I am screwed, am I not? I was told I could lose my teaching certifications.

Now I come up with a plan.. kinda. Go from JFK to montego Bay, then montego to cuba. If there is bad weather what are the chances the plane could be diverted to America? Both tickets together would cost me 800.00 round trip. Thats not bad. I never seen cuba as a vacationing spot- but apparently it is. I would loveee to go.

has anyone who is AMERICAN, gone to cuba-- if soo how did you do it? And is it worth the money? How much money would we be talking about? Not looking to get personal I am just curious.

This would be great if people could answer this post. Thanks all

haven't been but I'm guessing you might have some visa problems getting into Cuba if your American....I know several countries wont let us in

You guys can go to Cuba no problems. Americans and the $$$ are welcomed in Cuba although you will have to "convert" them to the Cuban Covertable at a rate of 0.9.

Cuba is a fantastic country and we have been there many times. You can also fly via the Cayman Islands www.caymanairways.com and have a twin center vacation.

Havana is great for 4 or 5 days for the culture but Varadero and some of the hotels on the coast have the best beaches in the world.

Blog Entries
    Americans are not allowed into Cuba because of the embargo, its illegal. But- i was just told that Americans can go through cuban immigration and NOT have a visa stamped. as if you never went there to being with. I hear amazing beaches, horriable food

Quote Originally Posted by youtalkin2me View Post
    Americans are not allowed into Cuba because of the embargo, its illegal. But- i was just told that Americans can go through cuban immigration and NOT have a visa stamped. as if you never went there to being with. I hear amazing beaches, horriable food
    Superclubs manages two resorts in Cuba:
    Amazing Beaches
    Friendly people
    Good Caribbean/Latin food
    Awesome (professional level) entertainment
    Premium booze/no Ganja!
    Very inexpensive
    Leave the resort and feel totally safe going anywhere in the nearby villages or cities
    Many Canadian/European tourists
    Awesome for a low-key vacation for Canadians/Europeans on a budget
    Kama Sutra Week - Jan 26th - Feb 2nd, 2013
    www.hedokamasutra.com

cuba is a great country to visit the people are very appreciative of americans. i agree the food is terrible but you will never ever find a better mojito. the National hotel in Havana is the place to stay for culture etc but it is kindof run down. getting in and out of the country is no problem and they never would stamp your passport. remember you will have to have cash for everything. it is pretty cheap but you will spend all of what you take. i highly recommend going for 3-4 days. after that you may want to get back to mexico or a resort.
    to make hotel reservations you may have to go thru a canadian or mexican travel agent.

There are so many great places to see within the same distance as Cuba. I can't see why anyone would want to go and help support Castro and his cronie's. He is a murdering dictator. Spend your money elsewhere.

Hey ....... We are Canadians ........ We went to a wedding in Caya Cocco 3 years ago...the airports are very militant, their security had no visible guns, but their looks were enough to keep people honest. The beaches are beautiful powdery sand for miles, the food was terrible, the staff was excellent and put on professional shows at night. We were at an adults only resort but very quiet, place was deserted by 11 p.m. We are party people so it was to quiet for us. Didn't make it to main land, was 2 hour drive plus had to go through customs again. As Canadians our passports were not stamped either, something about not being able to go to U.S.A for 6 months after being to Cuba if passport was stamped. Very cheap out of Canada, 400$ to 7004 all inclusive for a 5 star for 1 week flight included. Would return but to Veradero

Blog Entries
    In regards to tbone... I have no problems witht he cubans. To be honest.. America started most of the problems but I digress. I heard from the canadian couples that cuba has the best beaches they seen. I been to jamaica and paradise island, isn't mexico and turks and caicos ultimately the same? I meen the best i seen is St. Thomas and it was mucho money. Cuba is cheap and has a lot of culture to it, especially havana. To those who went-- IS IT WORTH IT? or is it the same as every other Caribbean country?

Cuba beaches

Are there topless or nude beaches/resorts in Cuba?
    We love the beach especially in the Caribbean!

Desire RM March 27th to April 3rd 2015

Desire Pearl : March 17 , Desire Pearl Dec 2019

I have personally been to Cuba and we did a week there and I was disappointed to say the least...I haven't done much travelling but it was sooo not worth it. yes the people were friendly enough but I found that I actually got bored there. And the reosrt was dead by 10:00 most nights plus the weather was awful (not Cuba's fault obviously) but when the weather was bad there was nothing to do...couldn't go swimming half the time because of jelly fish (again not cuba fault) and to pool was too cold plus it was 1/2 hr to the nearest town...not the place for me but someone else could verywell have a blast there...Havana is wonderful...I wish we spent more time there

Quote Originally Posted by SXMCOLover View Post
    Are there topless or nude beaches/resorts in Cuba?
    There is an island off the coast of Cuba called Cayo Largo (still owned by Cuba...has it's own airport tho) Many nudists on the beaches. I do not think nude sunbathing is allowed on mainland Cuba...definitely not allowed in Varadero. I was not impressed with Varadero...nice beach but lousy food, but LOVED Cayo Largo! The beaches there are unlike anything in the Caribbean. They are very arrid and rather 'ugly' at first because they don't have traditional palm trees. But they have these little rocky coves all along the beach. Hard to explain. If you give me your email I will send you pics and answer any questions you have on Cuba.

PS. Cubans have no problem with American travellers. It is U.S. that has the problem with you supporting Cuba with your tourism. They need tourism and will welcome you. You will be surprised at how well educated the Cuban people are. They are not brainwashed by Castro like you are told they are!

Quote Originally Posted by youtalkin2me View Post
    In regards to tbone... I have no problems witht he cubans. To be honest.. America started most of the problems but I digress. I heard from the canadian couples that cuba has the best beaches they seen. I been to jamaica and paradise island, isn't mexico and turks and caicos ultimately the same? I meen the best i seen is St. Thomas and it was mucho money. Cuba is cheap and has a lot of culture to it, especially havana. To those who went-- IS IT WORTH IT? or is it the same as every other Caribbean country?
    I have a problem with murderous COMMUNIST DICTATORS, not the people of Cuba who are the victims.
    Last edited by tbone69; 01-22-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by brightlights View Post
    There is an island off the coast of Cuba called Cayo Largo (still owned by Cuba...has it's own airport tho) Many nudists on the beaches. I do not think nude sunbathing is allowed on mainland Cuba...definitely not allowed in Varadero. I was not impressed with Varadero...nice beach but lousy food, but LOVED Cayo Largo! The beaches there are unlike anything in the Caribbean. They are very arrid and rather 'ugly' at first because they don't have traditional palm trees. But they have these little rocky coves all along the beach. Hard to explain. If you give me your email I will send you pics and answer any questions you have on Cuba.

PS. Cubans have no problem with American travellers. It is U.S. that has the problem with you supporting Cuba with your tourism. They need tourism and will welcome you. You will be surprised at how well educated the Cuban people are. They are not brainwashed by Castro like you are told they are!
    I'm not TOLD anything by my government. I have eyes and common sense. Again, I don't have a problem with the people, in fact I feel sorry for them. I have a problem with Castro.

Here is why I would never go to Cuba and support that bastard and why Hollywood freakshow, Castro lovers like Sena Penn should move there and never come back.

http://www.therealcuba.com/page5.htm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast