Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is cuba worth it?

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is there such a thing as tours one can take once in Cuba? I have always wanted to visit the premier cigar production facilities and see the whole process of growing, curing, and hand rolling first hand. I suppose the same thing could be had in the Dominican, but Cuba has that whole Hemmingway, old school mystique.
    Picking nits about politics and insulting our brethren on these boards is wrong. Gentlemen, knock it off. Ladies, if you’ve been bad, go to my room.
    Last edited by caughtyoulookin; 01-23-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Blog Entries
    Why not get a cuba group going? Lets all go together and risk being throw in jail together? HAHA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caughtyoulookin View Post
    Ladies, if you’ve been bad, go to my room.
    Tee Hee!!!!

Blog Entries
    Is there such a thing as tours one can take once in Cuba? I have always wanted to visit the premier cigar production facilities and see the whole process of growing, curing, and hand rolling first hand.
    Yes, tours are available depending on where you go within Cuba.

Is there such a thing as tours one can take once in Cuba? I have always wanted to visit the premier cigar production facilities and see the whole process of growing, curing, and hand rolling first hand. I suppose the same thing could be had in the Dominican, but Cuba has that whole Hemmingway, old school mystique.
    Picking nits about politics and insulting our brethren on these boards is wrong. Gentlemen, knock it off. Ladies, if you’ve been bad, go to my room.
    Yes, CYL, they have day tours to Havana from Veradero (about 90 minutes away). If you go to Veradero, you shouldn't miss Havana. They do have the cigar tours there and you can stroll through old Havana and see the little bar where Hemingway used to drink his Mojitos (Bodeguita del Medio) and the hotel where he stayed. He is very famous down there. If you're interested, I'm attaching a pic of the Partagas Cigar factory (you can see the tour buses in front of it) and Hemingway's Mojito bar, inside and out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-25-2010 at 11:34 PM.

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-25-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Oh yeah, someone stopped the wild sex.
    -

yes, the USA embargoed the wild sex... ;-)

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-25-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by youtalkin2me View Post
    Why not get a cuba group going? Lets all go together and risk being throw in jail together? HAHA
    To the best of my knowledge, no American has been Busted by the US Government for visiting Cuba. More Americans than you think visit Cuba.

The wife nd I would love to go. However, she works for a Gov't contractor, and a few years back when Cuba became a popular destination, they sent out a memo stating that anyone traveling to Cuba would be fired. Several other major contractors would immediately pull your security clearance immediately. So if your job is anyway connected to the Federal Gov't, I would be very careful. Most Countries that have good relations with the U.S. report their immigration stats, including final destination of the person. So if you think you can travel through another country and the Feds won't have a record you'd be wrong.

The inlaws (Canadian) went and had a fantastic time. Their only gripe was the entertainment was of cruise quality. The room and food was wonderful.

I noticed in the first post, you mentioned something about teaching licenses. Do some research, there are educational liasion trips to Cuba that are allowed through the US. I know several friends who have gone legally and illegally. For the person asking about cigar tours, check the dates of the annual Cigar Festivale, tons of Americans there at that time. As far as your money going to Castro, well, yes, if you purchase from government stores, etc. But, individual ventures are overlooked by authorities often, so the people keep their money. I would love to go, but not for a Caribbean get away, more for the history. Time stopped in Cuba after the embargo. I'd love to see it before the embargo is lifted and it becomes modernized and bastardized by the rich.

Cuba is a very nice place to vacation. I was there in April and i had a blast. Cuban folks really don't care if you come from USA, the don't stamp your pass port. I am from Canada and i know many folks from the us travel to cube from Canada. I was there when Beyonce visited. Cuban people are very friendly. Take Canadian money not USD as you will lose on the conversion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123