Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mold

Mold

Having just returned from HIII the week of Oct 8 - 15 and running a 102.8 fever for the last week, I can tell you that the current state of Hedonism III for MOLD needs some strong and direct attention from the management. Not to say that you should not go and enjoy your vacation just bring somethings to help you guard against getting sick.

Sure it isn't from something else? Lots of things could have infected you.... you could have even gotten it on the plane with that wonderful recirculated air.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Oh Christ, not here too!
    Don & Dar

Sorry I brought the subject up. I guess it could have been the air, the food, the people that we met, could have even been the pool towels or a number of other things. Or I guess it could have been the mold.

HI,

I have heard this too. It is one a lot of message boards. Also the day passes they sell to the locals is causing some problems

as long as it doesn't turn into 20 threads on the same topic...

A number of us got very sick during'/after our stay last April - I'm not convinced it's mold though as mold won't cause fevers. Also, since I take preventative allergy meds and take extra whenever I travel (new exposures always intensify my reactions) I should not have reacted to any mold.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Well since the topic has been continued by someone other than me. I think it is a very serious problem at H3. It is now a week since my fever started and I am just back at work. Still break out in sweats once or twice an hour. I did not post the subject to DOWN hedo as I am already booked for our next trip in April 06. But as many have posted elsewhere on other boards I certainly do not like going on vacation only to spend a week sick in bed after. The locals, food, security, towels, hookers I can deal with cause I can see them, what i can't deal with is the thought of spending another week in bed after a fantastic trip next April. Again the only reason I started this post was to warn others to take steps to watch their health but go and HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME.

Last May we didn't even see any mold.

I assume you've been to a doctor, what did he/she say? Did they do a blood test?

I'm no doctor myself, but I think as Mary alluded to that mold spores are likely to cause only respiratory and or allergic reactions, not really an infection, which is going to be caused by a virus or bacteria.

If you haven't been to a doctor yet, please go. You could have any number of potentially dangerous infections.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Yes I did go to the doctor, had blood and urine. Dr. told me I was way to old to be running around nekid but that if thats what I chose, then be sure to have all the fun I could. Other than that, a good dose of the antibiotic of the week for 5 days and now Monday I find myself back in work. Like I said in the earlier post. I am not trying to scare people from going to Hedo. It was not my first time there, most certainly will be far from my last time there. If just one newbie reads this and takes a little extra precaution and saves themselves a few days of 103 fever then I will not have wasted my time. By the way in Arpil 05, I did not get sick.

Been There 7 Times In The Last 3 Years ,so I Am Far From A Newbie!!!-here's Some Advice A Doctor I Met At Iii Gave Me----while At The Pool/beach During The Daytime Hours , Turn Off The Air And Open The Windows-and Guess What !!--it Worked!!-previous Trips Have Resulted In My Wife Loosing Her Voice And Myself Getting A Throat Infection---since Trying The Doc's Advice----------nothing-------" Priceless"---go And Enjoy !!!
    NJREF

I ASSUME that what Don& Dar are referring to is the overwhelming negativity that is prevalent on another message board right now and how half of the threads are all about the same topic just everyone needs to start their own complaint about it.

While I was pointing out that mold doesn't cause fevers, iI suppose it is possible for the congestion that settles in your lungs from an allergic reaction to mold to become infected from sitting stagnant - however it's unlikely that so many people are having mold reactions, let alone that those of us on preventative medicines for our allergies would have had the same problem from mold.

I could be wrong though...maybe it's some weird fungus that is getting into everyone!

On the other hand, you're right that people need to be aware as long as we keep in mind, as you pointed out, that it's not worth dumping your vacation plans but instead being prepared.

Jwilno...next time I'll add that to my list of preventative tactics!

Either way, with all the feedback that is getting back to Hedo now, if anything can be done I'm sure it will.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Hopefully it will be a very short term problem. Again I was not looking to dump on Hedo. I have already booked my semi-annual trip for the spring. I just want others to be aware so they can have a great time. If we can all lose the sore throats, the fevers, etc., what a better vacation it would be.

More likely its something in the water or a sanitation issue than mold I think. Food poisoning possible.
    Chris
    Site Administrator

Food poisioning without an upset stomach, interesting concept. At this point my blood tests showed an infection. Am I interested in geting sick again to prove my point so i can get cultured? I think not. If it was Mold or anything else fine. If it was all my imagination, fine. I think we should end it here.

Food poisoning is generally when bacteria enters your blood stream via something you injest. It doesn't necessarily mean you end up vomiting an hour later. It takes bacteria a little time to reproduce. Your doctor put you on antibiotics, which kill bacteria, mold is a fungus.

I'm not saying you did not get sick. And in fact, while I would not discount catching something at the airport and or on the plane (viruses can spread very quickly when everyone is breathing the same air), its likely something at Hedo that did it. The food, the water, something. But I just don't think it was mold.
    Chris
    Site Administrator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast