Thread: Looking to replace Hedo III

Looking to replace Hedo III

We are looking to replace Hedo III as our get away vacation destination. We have went several times in the past and have seen a sever down turn in quality and service. We just returned from a 8 day visit, 12/1-8/09 and the resort was looking a bit shabby. We had the worst meals of any visit, the new EC's are nowhere to be had and when they did do a show or entertain it was terrible. This was the first year we ever has a staff actually ask us for a tip, it was the maid, I asked her what was an appropriat amount? she inturn said (I usually get $50.00 for a week but I did extra on your room, so you just leave what you think would be worth it). We left nothing and gave her name to the front desk. We pay good money for half assed service and amenity's. I used to think that no hot water or the electicity going out was just Jamaica, but this does not happen at other resorts we have been to in Jamaica. I really do not want to have to try Desire but Super Clubs seems to be pushing repeaters away. I cannot believe it has been 10 years with the resort, it looks much older now. Al

Sorry to hear about your trip. We too had thought that the resort had seen better days over the last couple of years...that was until our last trip April 2009. What we found in April was a staff that was happy and working hard under a new GM, constant work and maintenance going on around the grounds and a group of new EC's trying to learn the ropes...and doing a pretty good job at it.

Maybe you just hit a bad week? We have been that same week a few years back and I know it is a slow time, maybe they had given the time off to a bunch of employees which could attribute to less that stellar service. Since you are a repeater I would suggest that you write a letter to both Super Clubs main office and too Lance Parish himself voicing your concerns, I have heard they are very receptive of this and might even try to make it up to you.

As for the maid asking for the tip and you turning her in...bravo!! That is totally unacceptable and we would have do the same thing. It is one thing to give a gift to a staff member there, but for one to flat out ask for one is just wrong!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

We agree!

We frequent Hedo II most of the time but have been to Hedo III a few times. Our last trip there, second day our cell phone chargers were stolen, complained to no avail from service desk. Third day our sunglasses were stolen out of room. Third day we transfered out and probably won't go back. But we have never had a problem at H2, still make it there 3 times a year.

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-26-2010 at 12:39 AM.

This is why we are in need for a different resort, Just a change up to be in order. How do you rate Desire? Al

Quote Originally Posted by alswagg View Post
    This is why we are in need for a different resort, Just a change up to be in order. How do you rate Desire? Al
    We did both Hedo II and Desire this year. Desire does have nicer rooms, better amenities, much nicer towels in the room and at the pool. The food at Desire is little better than the food at Hedo. Evening entertainment at Desire is more varied. Of course, you cant float around in the water like you do at Hedo II. The bartenders at Hedo II know how to mix drinks. Could not get a good Margarita at Desire. The crowd at Hedo II seem to be more the party type while people at Desire mostly stayed to themselves or in little groups until the roof top hot tub opened.

We've been to both H3 and Desire (Cabo), and we echo HedoJoe's observations. That said, we're planning to return to H3 in June, 2010.

We are looking to replace Hedo III as our get away vacation destination. We have went several times in the past and have seen a sever down turn in quality and service. We just returned from a 8 day visit, 12/1-8/09 and the resort was looking a bit shabby. We had the worst meals of any visit, the new EC's are nowhere to be had and when they did do a show or entertain it was terrible. This was the first year we ever has a staff actually ask us for a tip, it was the maid, I asked her what was an appropriat amount? she inturn said (I usually get $50.00 for a week but I did extra on your room, so you just leave what you think would be worth it). We left nothing and gave her name to the front desk. We pay good money for half assed service and amenity's. I used to think that no hot water or the electicity going out was just Jamaica, but this does not happen at other resorts we have been to in Jamaica. I really do not want to have to try Desire but Super Clubs seems to be pushing repeaters away. I cannot believe it has been 10 years with the resort, it looks much older now. Al
    We also just returned from Hedo III (Nov.29th to Dec. 5th) and had a great trip! We loved seeing Serena, Kadian, John, Kevin and alot of the other staff again. We also met Lance Parrish this trip, seemed like a very nice, attentive guy. It was our 3rd visit this year and as good or better than the rest. The food selection is never that great but John's chili, cheese and chicken nachos and sandwiches at the nude grill are awesome. We had no problem with any of the staff and even won a couple bottles of rum playing games with the EC's.
    We are glad you reported the maid, that is just wrong.
    We talked to quite a few people who had been to Desire and they all said the rooms were nicer, but most said they would come back to Hedo before going there again. We wouldn't mind trying Desire either sometime, but even with the poor food selection and hot water issues we still can't wait to be back at HOME!
    Last edited by girlie; 12-10-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    Buddy & Serife

Hedonism II Nov. 26-Dec. 2nd 2020

Too many previous visits to list!!

Comparing Hedo and Desire is like comparing Hedo 2 and Hedo 3. It depends 1. on the week/group you are there with and 2. what you are looking for as each offers different amentities/experiences.

I would say try Desire if you want to try elsewhere. I personally really enjoyed it but my husband found it boring. There are things that are nicer there and things that are nicer at Hedo but it depends on what you consider important.

I have to say we've been going to Hedo since 2002...while the "bloom has come off the rose" as M&V said, we didn't find anything lacking in Hedo 3 during our November trip and enjoyed ourselves as much as ever. So I would suggest you not judge a trip based on one less than happy experience when you've had others in the past you did enjoy.

Perhaps just a change of scenery for a trip or two would make a difference before your next return to Hedo.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Too bad about your trip. We don't really pay much attention. The service is totally secondary and if we get a grouchy waitress or our bartender is surly, we just grin and have fun. You're mileage may vary. I have read so many people rave about this EC or that bartender, but it seems most people kind of take our attitude. Hedo is what you make of it, poor service or not.

Obviously, outrageously bad service is different, but we've never seen it. If you're not having fun, though, maybe a change is in order, but I would try it again and maybe communicate with management about your feelings first.

When you say at Desire you can not lay in the water nude, is this in the ocean or pools? I was hoping to swin, snorkle, lay on the beach, ect. nude. If this is not possible, Desire is out. I think after reading many or the post's we just need a different scenery for a couple trips. We really like the Jamaican culture, this is why we always return. Any other ideas of where to go? Al;

When you say at Desire you can not lay in the water nude, is this in the ocean or pools? I was hoping to swin, snorkle, lay on the beach, ect. nude. If this is not possible, Desire is out. I think after reading many or the post's we just need a different scenery for a couple trips. We really like the Jamaican culture, this is why we always return. Any other ideas of where to go? Al;
    What I meant was that you cannot put a "floatie" in the water and just lay there like you do at Hedo II. There are just too many waves for that and you will never know where you will end up.

We have been to H2, We much prefer H3. Maybe it was just the time of year. I was just hoping that Super Clubs would clean up the resort, ie repair items which are broken and in disrepair. I realize the resort is getting old, but the quality of the service should not go down. Concerning the towell arrangments they have, it does work. Al

Its definitely time for you to try a new resort. Having been to H2 H3 and both desires, I'd say Desire Cancun (the only remaining Desire) would be the right choice for you. I do think that as stated earlier in this thread, it may be you who have changed over the last ten years as well as the resort. I used to think "find your mate" was pretty racy 10 years ago, now it seems to tame.