Thread: Tahiti and South Pacific????

Tahiti and South Pacific????

We are Hedo 2 folks and like to go twice a year, but we have decided that we want to go to BoraBora / Moorea in the South Pacific for our June/July vacation. Does anyone know of some party resorts. We would love to stay in a bungalow over the water, but some of these are 1000 dollars a night and at 8 nights...It just ain't gonna happen. Anyone have any suggestions input we would definitely appreciate it.

Travelers
    Hedo 2
    Jan 16-23 2010

I spent my first honeymoon on Moorea. It is definitely one of the most beautiful places on the planet (along with Rarotonga and Aitutaki). Aside from the physical beauty I thought it left quite a bit to be desired. It was, as you intimated, VERY EXPENSIVE- not just the rooms but everything. Being a small place nearly everything is imported and if you want something to drink besides Hinano (which ain't bad) you will pay through the nose for it. The people were ok, but there is a definite "french" feel to the place. When we would go out to dinner it was expected that you would be ordering wine and having no less than 4 courses- that just wasn't us at the time, and we felt like they looked down on us a little because of it.
    As far as night life, I would not stray far from the island of Tahiti. We found none of it on Moorea, but Papeete seemed to have a good mix.
    Nick (and the sexy Kitty)tm
    PS- just to give you a couple other ideas:
    Cook Islands: Rarotonga/Aitutaki, etc.... cheap (based on the NZ Dollar), with a decent mix of night life. Where the missionaries failed in Tahiti though, they succeeded on Rarotonga, so not even any topless sunbathing. Very much on par with Tahiti/Moorea as far as physical beauty goes- quite possibly even more pleasing.
    Thailand: 20 hours to get there from the west coast, but the dollar goes a looooooooooong way and the nightlife in Bangkok and down in the Patong area of Phuket is second to none anywhere we have been. The island of Phuket, along with Ko Samui, Ko Phi Phi, and Koh Phangan (where the full moon parties are held) were awesome. Koh Phangan is the most amazingly stunning places I have ever been. Looks like a movie set... hard to believe it's real because it is so perfect.
    Cheers!
    Nick (and the sexy Kitty)tm
    Last edited by NickandKitty; 01-09-2010 at 06:18 PM.
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

I'm from New Zealand, but live in Canada, and have been all through the SP. I would reccomend AGAINST tahiti, its just sooooo expensive!

Raro is a GREAT place, as is Fiji. But I doubt you'll find many adult resorts down there.

I was considering something similar and thinking of Fiji. An Aussie friend recommended not because of racial tensions. Dunno how true that is, but living North of the equator tends to limit our exposure to the rest of the world.

We have been to Fiji and Tahiti. Tahiti is great but very expensive nothing like hedo or high party style resorts from what I saw. Fiji was very reasonable and was great. We did see a little social friction but nothing bad. I would go back to both in a heart beat. We have thought about the Cook islands as well cheaper than Tahiti but not the political social concerns of Fiji.

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    Hey travelers you try this website for deals. http://www.luxurylink.com/destinations/south-pacific

I love looking at the packages I just haven't ever booked with them but a co-worker did and was very pleased with the process.

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.

wow thanks everyone for their great insight and suggestions.

Hanalei Bay Resort

If you want to stay in the states with the feel of the south pacific, try Hanalei Bay Resort on the island of Kauai.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami&Joe View Post
    If you want to stay in the states with the feel of the south pacific, try Hanalei Bay Resort on the island of Kauai.

maybe on my next vacation trips i will try your advice

Registered User hedovirgins2009's Avatar
    You are quite welcome! Anytime

I might not have the cherry anymore, but I still have the box it came in!

Last year Valentine's Week at Hedo II was the most fun I've ever had.
    This year will be our first trip to Hedo III April 23 - May 1 2010.