Thread: H3 Nov 9-16th

H3 Nov 9-16th

This is a quick trip report about our 2rd trip to Hedonism 3, and 3rd trip to either of the Hedonisms.

We had absolutely no expectaions other than just to get away, and relax. We had met people on this website as well as Jamaica Loopers (Yahoo group) as well as another Yahoo group. We've always enjoyed meeting people prior to arriving as it seems to make the trip even better with all the introductories out of the way.

Our trip began the Sunday before as we checked into a hotel very near Detroit to take advantage of the Park/Fly deal especially with our 0530am flight out, and we live some 1.5 hours from the airport.

Up at 0245am, and out the door at 0315 to check in the car at the long term lot. Parking when very smooth and before we know it we were at Detroit metro to check in. Well even though the guideance from the airlines says to arrive some 2 hours prior to flight. Well, employees for Delta airlines didnt show up till 0400am.

Our flight from Detroit to Atlanta, and then on to Montego Bay went very smooth. No issues with this part of the trip other than we dont like flights with layovers.

Arrival at Montego Bay Airport was very smooth, there were no other flights at the airport at that time. Immigration and customs went very smoothly and very quickly. Absolutely no issues.

Superclubs: Checked in with Superclubs, grabbed a beer/margarita and a fish taco before loading up onto the bus for the drive to H3. We were pleasently surprised to find an actual highway (at least for Jamaica). The trip to H3 (even with a drop off at Breezes) was exactly an hour. That was much better than the nearly 2 hour drive in 2004.

H3: Very quick check in, a quick trip to the bar for a dirty banana and we were off to our room. We were assigned room 435 (blue quad building). Once we got up to the room, remembered we were suppose to ask for a specific room which would have put us next to some great new friends. Oh well, this room was fine.

Unpacked, and headed off to the dining room for a quick meal. Found the resort to be a bit low on occupancy. Have no idea what the occupancy rate was, but just felt a bit lower than our last trip.

Vacation: Our trip consisted of waking in the mornings, breakfast, trip to nude pool/beach and then many times would retreat to the Quad pool area to escape the hot sun. We would hang out until 4pm or so then spend an hour or so playing tennis.

Couple morniings the wife played tennis with a couple great guys, even when she had a bit too much to drink the night before. Oh yeah, didnt hurt that their wives were some of the hottest in the entire resort.

Ate at Munasans twice and Pastafari once. We thought Munasans was good, but were very picky since the wife is Japanese. We didnt care much for Pastafari, it was good, but thought it wasnt worth getting dressed up for.

Nightly activities: We visited the Piano bar each night (except for the night the pole dancing went so late). We found the Piano bar to be a great way to spend an hour or so after dinner and before the disco/hot tub. The participation at the Piano bar was superb.

Visited the disco a few nights. Some nights it was well represented, and others pretty much non-existant.

Hot tub: Well just like the disco, some nights were a great hit, while others were very tame. We thought a lot of it had to do with what group was in the resort. Early in the week we found things fairly tame, but then Friday night/Saturday the feeling of the resort changed with the new guests arriving.

We met some great people, and some we're hoping will last well beyond this trip. I'd better leave it at that, to protect the guilty.

There seemed to be a lot of painting, etc going on throughout the resort. We found the resort to be even more rundown than our last visit in 2004. Dont get me wrong, it was still in good shape, but hopefully with the painting, etc going on, it will help.

Thanks: C&D, R&S, C&W, J&A, C&A, T&S, J&L, R&D, R&J. We continue to be amazed out how many great people we meet at Hedo.

I know I'm leaving out some areas, but once again we didnt take very good notes on our trip.

Will we go back? Absolutely, we had some great new experiences, and as long as there are greeat people going to Hedo we will continue to go back.

CnR
    Hedo III November 9th-16th

Thanks for the report, sounds like you had fun.

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Blog Entries
    Thanks,

your report was very helpful, since I am from Michigan too and will take the same flight you took thru Atlanta. I live on the west side of the state, so i have a 3 hour drive to the airport, knowing that the Delta staff doesnt make it until 4am, I will plan on leaving at midnite, so I will arrive at 3am . Enough time to park and get thru security.

Thanks again!!!

glad you had a great time!
    We enjoyed meting you both in person!

The look on R's face at the nude HotTub/pool with "MANDINGO" was priceless!!

look forward to meeting y'all again!

C&D