Thread: Bummed out man....having to change dates.

Bummed out man....having to change dates.

We are totally bummed out...the last 2 years we've got to Hedo 2 the last week of July/first part of August and met some great people who we chat with year round. Unfortunately this summer we will not be able to make it during the same time due to work...I know it's really far away but the busy season for us is going to change and the summer will be out of the question for at least next year.

Now I guess the question is.....is there a big change in the temps down there in the winter as opposed to the summer? And is there a quiet time during the winter months at H2?

We have been there when it has been relatively quiet and really enjoyed it. With larger group around do you lose a lot of the intimate atmosphere? We are not opposed to join up with a group at all but are just wondering.

Any feedback would be awesome...

Registered User girlygirlinheat's Avatar
    I don't believe there's much of a change in the temps year round. About the only consideration might be rainy season / hurricane season (usually May through December, if I recall correctly).

As for quiet - I was only there once before in May of this year. May was very quiet - easy to get served drinks, food, easy to get a lounge chair, etc.

We're going again in January - week two. He's been there 6 times before and always in January. Apparently January is definitely NOT the quiet time you might like. But we're looking for a little more of a party atmosphere anyway and have many friends who go during that time.

I've heard December is also very quiet though probably not the end of the month since many like to go there for New Year's. Unsure about the other winter months.

Hedo II January 9th - 16th 2010 ..... 58 days & a wake-up!!!
    Last edited by girlygirlinheat; 11-12-2009 at 05:16 AM.

I can guarantee you that anytime at all during the winter it will be warmer in Jamaica than in Saskatchewan. And winter is busy there. You'll have to go in the spring and fall to get slow times. But why go during a slow time. Busier is definitely better at hedo.

Quote Originally Posted by funfortwo View Post
    I can guarantee you that anytime at all during the winter it will be warmer in Jamaica than in Saskatchewan. And winter is busy there. You'll have to go in the spring and fall to get slow times. But why go during a slow time. Busier is definitely better at hedo.
    Sure Agree with you .. we are i sask right now for a year and Brrrrr... going to hedo at xmas for 2 weeks.. hehe will not miss the collllldddd at all !!!

Actually it hasn't been that bad this fall...so far....we're lookin at march for my birthday possibly..

So jealous you're heading there for Xmas...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by saskcouple View Post
    Actually it hasn't been that bad this fall...so far....we're lookin at march for my birthday possibly..

So jealous you're heading there for Xmas...

Mike
    . tx.. nice of you to mention.. we will a small tought for you as we are there ..

March seems to be also quite busy. and fun

Just heard from a couple that will also be heading down in March as well, we met them the first year we went. Busy is not a bad thing, just more people to meet and have fun with.

Any week at Hedo is a good week. We're also from Saskatchewan and we much rather trade a week of -40 for +30. We usually try January or February.