Thread: when you get there

when you get there

I know it might be hokey but what do people sense when they "go home". I know that when we get there we love to see the staff we have met and to go to the nude beach at either Hedo and get into the water...its just what we do. Love the sound of the tree frogs too!!! and THE HEAT ...MMMM

Mind you the first Red Stripe is quite significant as well!!!!

B&C

DIF

Well for us after we run through the lobby hugging all the employees we have come to know over the years and hug all the friends waiting there to meet us, we grab a drink from Ionie at the main bar while checking in, show the bellman where our rooms is...lol...drop our bags off, head to the nude pool to see our favorite bartender Serena...we are home mon...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 11-11-2009 at 07:23 AM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Blog Entries
    The first thing we feel is an extraordinary sense of calm.

Then a smile creeps across our faces that lasts all week.

We feel the anticipation of never ending fun next.

As friends come to greet us who we have not seen for a year we feel welcoming hugs from people who know us better than anyone in the world.

Next thing we know we are swept away in a whirlwind party the likes of which the rest of the world could never comprehend. We will spend the rest of the year having flashbacks and "remember-when" moments.

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

I know we may not be fully qualified to answer this, given we've only been to HIII once, but in all our travels this was the one and only place where upon arrival it feels like it did when I entered Disneyland as a 9 year old kid - a feeling that there is absolutely no other place on earth that I'd rather be. It's like living a dream.
    Remember, sharing is caring...

Quote Originally Posted by RTMILF View Post
    I know we may not be fully qualified to answer this, given we've only been to HIII once, but in all our travels this was the one and only place where upon arrival it feels like it did when I entered Disneyland as a 9 year old kid - a feeling that there is absolutely no other place on earth that I'd rather be. It's like living a dream.
    lol...we actually refer to Hedo 3 as Disneyland for adults when we describe it to newbies...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

I guess we have had all the same feelings as you folks. It is truly like no other place on earth....not an overstatement either. when we get to the lobby of either H2or3 we know we are home...the rest of the time we work towards getting there
    B7C
    DIF

Blog Entries
    When I get on the plane... I am gittery. My silly self can not stop thinking about home.. what I didnt do and missing family. Then my favorite flight attendant... has been every flight out there, "Any thing you need luv?" "Sauza, its the only Tequila you have!"

1st Chug - Smile
    2nd Chug - Great the TV works!
    3rd Chug - Salty Cashews... darn no lime
    Last Drops - Do I really want more nasty Tequila when I headed to endless cups in paradise... Nah!!

07/15-07/20

2010: 07/08-07/15@ H3 - 10/08-10/11@ H2 - 11/18-11/24@ H3

Newly Addicted & looking for a Second Job!

Once I see Tonys smiling face and his big hug and WELCOME HOME I know that I have arrived. There are so many things that Hedo means to us, the lasting friendships, even if we only see them once a year, it is the greatest feeling catching up while sitting in the pool at Delroys, with his and Scumba always present smiles and laughter. The complete sense of freedom, not only from our clothes, but all that is expected of us on a daily basis. There is only 2 places that I know that you can have such complete freedom. No one judges or compares, you are accepted just like you are. No one cares what you do or how much money you make, the only important thing is RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. Some people will never know the freedom that we have, but we all know and that is why we keep coming home as often as we can.Jamericans unite!! 12 days and a wake-up.
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
    Once I see Tonys smiling face and his big hug and WELCOME HOME I know that I have arrived. .
    We agree, Tony is awsome!!!! he startes our trip out right, and is the last smilin face we see when we leave...
    Sad news for us, we read on DennyP's site, that Tony is leaving the resort soon, plans on moving to Miami (i think), with family... He's gonna be missed by alot of people....

Budd n Janet

Less than 100 days till our next trip to H2 for Valentines day!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!
    Oh Boy, Is this GREAT!!!!!!
    Flounder, Delta House

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm home when we step out of the van and climb the steps to the lobby at HII. With TimAir, it's when we land & step through the chain link fence at the airport and the local boys descend on us. It's a warm and fuzzy feeling.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Its unbelievable that such places exist! Once we are there we get into the Hedo mindset and remain there til we have to leave. When get back to the real world we start planning our next trip back. Its the sort of place you can't adequately explain to someone because its as much a state of mind as a physical place....see I can't even explain it lol

B&C
    New Years 09-10
    DIF

We always seem to be met by friends in the lobby- quick check of the room status while sipping our first drinks provided by aforementioned friends followed by a brisk walk to the nude pool- a hug for Serena, nachos from John, and a huge deep breath..... home.
    Nick (and the sexy Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

We have only been once(going back in April) but for us it is a sense of progression,first leave work (hudge stress relief) no computers/pagers etc .Get to airport(shut phone off now were really away from work excitement is building).Have a red strip in the super club loundge (ok so by now shirt starts to get unbuttoned and shoes are half untied)Check in and walk through lobby hit warp zone,total sense of zen (seems here time has no meaning work,public status ,money,being politically correct and all the BS that we deal with every day just seems to disappear)Here people see you for the person you are not the job you hold or the house you live in .It is trully a magical place that seems to not have any universal definition ,except " hedonism". Oh ya getting neeked rocks too!
    No pants are the best pants
    Next trip
    2017 sometime

Excellent...I had not thought of the Zen factor....that fits quite nicely. We feel that you do enter a zone that is unlike our day to day,,,duh. When you arrive at either H you enter a different world that feels good. You see good people that you have met and you sink into the ambience....too good.

B&C
    HIII NYE
    09-12-30/10-01-10

I also love that first morning heading down to the beach very early and the peaceful sense that envelopes one when you get to the quiet beach with the waves and warm water inviting and calm.....sit have a coffee and and soak up the calm....sigh...love it!