Thread: Tim Air

Tim Air

I know I have seen this subject before, but I could not find any specifics by doing a search of this site.

Does anyone know what the "average" cost is per person to fly Tim Air to Negril? And if you have used them would you recommend?
    Hedo 2 Nov 12-20

I had this email from Timair just recently. The prices seem pretty reasonable but we don't get in untill 4.45 pm so I guess it will be nearly dark then. Looks like we are on the bus.

You could also look at their website at www.timair.com. We have used them a couple of time and they have been great. They meet you outside of the customs hall and take you round to the other side of the airfield. It's then a short 15 minute hop to negril and a 5 minute taxi ride to Hedo. Last time I even got to fly the plane all the way back to Mo'Bay after the pilot had buzzed Delroy's on the way out.

I'd recommend them anytime.

Thank you for your e-mail. TimAir Limited provides air taxi charters to Negril (not a scheduled service). This means that we will depart as soon as you have checked in with us. Flying time is 15 minutes. Flights are only available during daylight hours.

The one-way price is US $105.00 per person, inclusive of all fees and taxes.
    The round trip price is US $205.00 per person. TimAir reserves the right to assign you to a flight with other TimAir passengers travelling at the same time, where possible.

Please be advised that these rates quoted are the current rates and are guaranteed for a period of 30 days.

If you would like to make a reservation, please complete and submit the advanced reservations request form at http://www.timair.net. We will then send you back a confirmation with information for your arrival.

If you have any questions, please let us know.
    Tricia & Stewart.
    Doncaster, UK.

Hedo II November 14 - 21, 2009

Never used them but they just quoted me $270 for two people. No thanks! LOL I have heard good things though.
    Last edited by lilinbobby; 10-27-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: ?

Quote Originally Posted by lilinbobby View Post
    Never used them but they just quoted me $270 for two people. No thanks! LOL I have heard good things though.
    I'm with you! Just stay for an extra night with the savings. The shuttle is not too bad but I can definitely see if you go a couple times of year it can get old.

Can't wait to meet you guys in just a couple of weeks. Wow it feels good to say that!
    Hedo 2 Nov 12-20

The first time we took the shuttle and it wasn’t the party we expected. Kids and other guests going to the Grand Lido next door. We have taken Tim Air since and from my perspective getting to the resort quicker and the extra couple hours before we have to leave is priceless. You are usually alone checking in and there are no line ups in or out. You get a great view of the coastline during the quick 20 minute flight and if you ask he’ll buzz the resort for one last wave good bye
    Mike and Tina
    Commited to Hedonism
    he·don·ism (hēd′'n iz′em)

the self-indulgent pursuit of pleasure as a way of life

Synonyms
    hedonism n.

sensualism, gratification, debauchery, epicureanism; see enjoyment 2, indulgence 3.

Rather than using the flight as a way to get to the resort 25 minutes faster. Book the flight as a sight seeing tour on the way to the resort.

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Paid $105US each in April. I like to use TimAir on the way down, as I'm in a hurry. Our outbound is a red-eye to HotLanta and an AM flight to MoBay. I'm sick of travel by then. I take the bus back to see the villages on the way to MoBay.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

For the way to the resort, we think Tim Air is a must! So worth getting there much quicker. The bus seems to take forever on the way down and you never know what resorts they will be dropping off at hence might be stuck with kids! On the way back, we don't mind the bus...usually hungover anyway! Hubby sleeps and I look at the countryside and coastline...drags out leaving...LOL.

You can't go wrong either way as long as you make it there !! Have fun!

Kiki

We've used Timair before and they were great but I think their prices have gotten ridiculous, so we just take the shuttle now and spend the money on an extra day!
    Buddy & Serife

Hedonism II Nov. 26-Dec. 2nd 2020

Too many previous visits to list!!