Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1K vs 14K registered members

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-26-2010 at 01:07 AM.

Registered User shellysdoughboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars & Venus View Post
    I'd like to get an idea what people think of this: if I read the forum statistics right, there are over 14,000 people who have REGISTERED on this forum, e.g. NOT guests. They have taken the time to establish a profile with an associated e-mail and have agreed to the rules in order to have full access and privileges to the website. Approximately 10,000 of them have NEVER posted a SINGLE message to the forum. If you bring the number up to less than a dozen posts, let’s say 10 messages, the number absolutely plummets to about a thousand. 13 out of 14 (or only 1K of 14K) members have contributed 10 messages (or more) since their original join date. Does anyone have any thoughts?

ITS FUNNY HOW PEOPLE WILL TAKE THE TIME TO GO THRU THE STEPS TO JOIN AND NOT ADD TO THE SITE THEY JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE MISSING, GUESS THEY JUST WANT TO SAY THEY BELONG EVEN THOUGH THEY REALLY DO NOT BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CONTRIBUTE, THESE ARE PEOPLE MOST LIKELY JUST LOOKING OVER THE FENCE SAYING TO THEMSELVES WOW WISH WE COULD HAVE THAT MUCH FUN , IT SEEMS LIKE THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF TIME FRAME TO WHERE IF THEY DON'T SIGN IN WITHIN SO MANY MONTHS OR MAYBE A YEAR THAT THERE PROFILE SHOULD BE DELETED OR SOMTHING TO THAT EFFECTBUT PLEASE PAY NO ATTENTION TO ME I AM JUST THINKING OUT LOUD AND I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO AFFEND ANYONE AT ALL, HERE'S HOPING THAT YOU ALL HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY WEEKEND

Some folks just like to watch????

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Ha!

redacted

jump in the pool

redacted

Registered User shellysdoughboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weliveinvegas View Post
    Some folks just like to watch????

Ivy and Rick
    somed up in one sentence

WOW Mars, you make me feel bad for not posting, I just joined and I'm still getting use to the board. I joined to poss find people that I may have something in common with other than getting nekkid. Hoping to meet people here that may be going to Hedo II the same time as the wife and I. I hate getting thrown in to the loins den with out meeting the lioness first.

Water's warm

redacted

Thumbs up

Now THAT's funny! You're probably right.
    Well it is a Hedo forum, sexually charged much like the resort...just seemed apropos...

Ivy and Rick

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

The wife and I are going to Desires Cancun Jan 11 (first trip ever, she feels more comfortable there for our first trip) and we read this board since the Desires board is relatively quiet (compared to here). Wife has already said there would be no problem going to Hedo 2 at some point. We will be more vocal here when that happens. We both enjoy the posts here.

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-26-2010 at 01:06 AM.

not that hard to understand

There is a forum for a particular brand of 'exotic' motorcycle that I own. I had a question about a maintenance issue. I registered for the forum and asked the Q. I got an answer the same day. I haven't been back since.

Some newbies or fence sitters here wanted to find out about something for a trip or ptential trip. They find out, often just by lurking or searching they see the subject they were interested in discussed. They don't come back on. Maybe they never even go to Hedo at all, were just thinking about it.

Talked to one of the experienced Hedo travel agents. He said (I may have the exact % inaccurate but the concept is there): less than half of his first-timers come back. Of those that come back once (that is, 2nd trip) only half of those come back for a thrid trip. But of those that have been three times, it fits their lifestyle so they become regulars. But anyway that means 3/4 of the people who go once, DON'T become regulars. Maybe they signed in here for their first trip, but they are long gone now. And how many more people were just thinking about a trip, registered for the forum, and then never went at all?

===

Oh yeah, and the sinister side: people who sign up who are merely voyeurs and picture collectors and fakes, who are here because there are free pics of nekkid wimmenz here for them to jerk off to, or collect and sell or distribute, or use to create fake "personals" profiles, etc.

I'm not surprised at more registered than active members.
    Kinks think we're Swingers,
    Swingers think we're Kinks

"Baby cum back. Any kind of fool would see. There was something special..."

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-26-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Xceptional, that's amazing! Based on what you read here (with over 80K posts on almost 8K threads) you'd get the impression (and is frequently overtly stated) that once you go to Hedo you come back again and again......Your TA's anecdote suggests that 3/4 of the people don't fall in love with Hedo. So what do you think? Once in a lifetime experience? Too costly? Doesn't measure up to their expectations?
    What you have on this forum is largely the "Regulars" advising the "Virgins".

We have talked to people who had an okay time but didn't expect to come back. Been there, done that. It was okay, it was an experience. They've seen it and it was worth it, but they're not really into it. There are a lot of other places in the world for a curious person to go.

This will be our 5th H3 but even we are not hard core. We don't go every year. Since our last Hedo trip two years ago we've taken trips to Iceland, Czech Republic, Italy as well as Las Vegas/Death Valley. Hedo isn't the only place we go. We like Hedo but we like a lot of other stuff too.

We have also heard single guys talking, and seen single guys struggling socially who we figured were thinking what the others were saying. They saw Hedo on TV and thought it would be like a continuous beer commercial with gorgeous horny single women there for the taking and all they had to do was drink beer (they wanted Bud Light, didn't like Red Stripe) and shoot pool in their tee shirts, baggy shorts and baseballl caps. The reality that Hedo is largely couples and that if you can't get laid at home you're not going to get laid at Hedo, was a rude awakening to them.

I really did hear two guys shooting pool in the rec center bitching bitterly as to how they spent X thousand dolalrs to be there and it wasn't any better than back home.

Others go a few times and then their life/relationaship changes. Maybe she's an anomaly but there's woman we know (and I do mean KNOW if ya know what I mean!) who came to H3 several times as a single. Cut a wide swath with men & women but mostly men AFAIK, only did women if she was going with a couple. Then she met a serious guy back home, brought him to H3, he wasn't into it, spent all his time with trunks on at the Quad pool. The TA mentioned to me that she'd asked him to help them book their next Jamaica trip into a different resort with a nicer beach, and not looking for any nude or CO.

there are lots of stories why people DON'T come back. There is a sampling bias here. The people that are on here posting arte the people who are into it and they (we) reinforce each other. Easy to think everyone is like "us".
    Last edited by Xceptional; 10-27-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typo fixt
    Kinks think we're Swingers,
    Swingers think we're Kinks

You burst our bubble....

Quote Originally Posted by Xceptional View Post
    Easy to think everyone is like "us".
    You mean there's people who actually prefer to have clothes on at a beach or a bar, or a pool, or a hot tub, or. . . . We feel sad for them.
    Budd n Janet
    Oh Boy, Is this GREAT!!!!!!
    Flounder, Delta House

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast