Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dieting Challenge:

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Dieting Challenge:

I am leaving for Hedo 3 Dec 29th (pray to god), and the thing is I can afford to lose some weight. However I need some motivation. lets make it like a competition. For those who can afford to shed some pounds, put your name and time you are leaving for hedo3. Tell us how much weight you want to lose and lets update weekly.

Whose with me!?

I am 285 (I love pasta and meatballs).. lets start now!

Pasta and meatballs sound pretty healthy if you throw in some veggies
    Losing weight in a hurry scares me because the faster I lose it, the faster I will probably gain it back with a vengance.
    I plan to lose just a few (ten) pounds and go to hedo, and then lose another ten pounds before our next trip. I don't want to win a battle but lose the war
    Besides we have to leave some motivation for the next trip

I lost 30lbs before we went to Hedo II in June, it took 3 months. If you want to do it you can!!! And yes it is still off

Arrive at Hedo on October 29th... Got 10 more lbs to lose. My downfall is chips, I can eat bag after bag (especially Cheetos)

LA Branch
    Here we are......Wish We were There......

I lost 30lbs before our last trip in April, I started loosing in Jan. I didn't gain any weight while we were at Hedo for 2 weeks, and how I didn't I'll never know. I did try to stay away from the juice drinks and rum cream.

We'll be going back in Nov. (6th) and I want to loose another 10 by then, not just for the trip but because it will be my big 40 as well. If I succeed, no, when I succeed, I'll be smaller at 40 then I was at 30, which was my goal!

klmbrach, I hear ya on the chips! That too was my downfall, I gave them up in Jan and while we were at Hedo in April, I tried a bag one day .... had one chip and gave them to my husband, they were just to damn greasy. I try to remember how greasy it was every time I'm tempted.
    Last edited by Anne&Carl; 09-04-2009 at 10:15 AM.

When we went to H III last June we were both unhappy with our weight and decided that we will be in good shape when we return in June 2010. My wife was not in bad shape. I thought she looked fine, but she wanted to lose 10 lbs. I needed to lose weight. I was 6' and 230 with a 40" waist. We changed our diet about 3 months ago. We have always exercised. Our diet was our problem. My wife has dropped her 10 and I have dropped 30 lbs. I now have a 36" waist. I plan to lose another 20 lbs before the trip.

Many people have asked does weight and appearance matter at Hedo. It doesn't unless it matters to you. We are not doing this for anyone but ourselves. I put on a lot of weight over the last year and it was time to get back to healthy eating and get back into shape.

I lost 60 lbs for our wedding and trip in August does that count? We do not have a second trip booked YET (never knew until we got back that you cannot book airfare more than 332 days in advance. ). We plan on going again in August (and every august for the next 50 years or so). I started at 298 in May 2009 and was 237 on August 1. My goal is another 50 lbs by August 2010.

Blog Entries
    Regular exercize and eating healthy is the way to go; however if you are one of those people like me who can't loose weight even with healthy habits.... YOU WILL STILL FEEL BEAUTIFUL AT HEDO. Remember the August 17/09 Time cover story about recent research showing that overall people who focus on exercize sessions daily GAIN more weight (incorporating physical activity and healthy food throughout the day rather than intense periods of exercize works better because people tend to "treat" themselves after intense exercize and also are more sedentary outside the exercize session due to fatigue).
    "Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful ....Would you meet the sun and the wind with ...your skin..? For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.." Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by youtalkin2me View Post
    I am leaving for Hedo 3 Dec 29th (pray to god), and the thing is I can afford to lose some weight. However I need some motivation. lets make it like a competition. For those who can afford to shed some pounds, put your name and time you are leaving for hedo3. Tell us how much weight you want to lose and lets update weekly.

Whose with me!?

I am 285 (I love pasta and meatballs).. lets start now!
    So what kind of wager, bet, competition are you thinking about???

I could always use a little bit of motivation.

Anyone else?
    Hedo III November 9th-16th

Blog Entries
    Well cnrinmichigan if you or anyone is going the same time I am Hedo 3 (dec 29th-jan 8th) I would make dinner on the loser a motivation.

Lucas

Registered User shellysdoughboy's Avatar
    we are are going Nov 14th for our first trip and we started off wanting to lose the extra weight for the trip and now that we have changed our diets and cut out all of the cokes that I live on and we now feel much better and we really want to do this for ourselves, its really funny how much water I drink now , wont even think about reaching for a coke or pepsi its water 24/7 now and a steady diet of chicken / pork grilled or fish with a salad ( which up to a month ago I would say no rabbit food for me) and good veggies ! all in all what I am trying to say is it feels great to be eating right again and losing a few pds is great , good luck to all of you with your ventures YOU CAN DO IT !
    Last edited by shellysdoughboy; 09-04-2009 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shellysdoughboy View Post
    we are are going Nov 14th for our first trip and we started off wanting to lose the extra weight for the trip and now that we have changed our diets and cut out all of the cokes that I live on and we now feel much better and we really want to do this for ourselves, its really funny how much water I drink now , wont even think about reaching for a coke or pepsi its water 24/7 now and a steady diet of chicken / pork grilled or fish with a salad ( which up to a month ago I would say no rabbit food for me) and good veggies ! all in all what I am trying to say is it feels great to be eating right again and losing a few pds is great , good luck to all of you with your ventures YOU CAN DO IT !
    Oh yes, once you break free from sodas, you very rarely miss it. I havent drank a soda in nearly 3 years. Now I dont even miss it or care to drink one.

Where will you be at on Nov14th? H2 or H3?
    Hedo III November 9th-16th

we will be @ H2 for love voodoo fest , come on NOV. there from 14th to the 21st

Want a safe and effective way to loose fat? Leave your height, weight, and how active you are during the day and I'll get you the number of calories and protein/fat/carbs you are supposed to eat in order to loose 1 - 2 pounds of pure fat per week. It's unhealthy to loose more then 2 1/2 pounds each week because you run the fear of loosing muscle, bone density, and much of it could be water weight which won't help your health.

So leave your height, weight, and activity level along with gender here and I'll get you the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by NYForHedo View Post
    Want a safe and effective way to loose fat? Leave your height, weight, and how active you are during the day and I'll get you the number of calories and protein/fat/carbs you are supposed to eat in order to loose 1 - 2 pounds of pure fat per week. It's unhealthy to loose more then 2 1/2 pounds each week because you run the fear of loosing muscle, bone density, and much of it could be water weight which won't help your health.

So leave your height, weight, and activity level along with gender here and I'll get you the numbers.
    male 5,7 so so active 204pds.
    female 5,4 active walks all day 137pds.

thank you we could use all the help and advice on doing this correctly, hope you have agreat holiday weekend

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast