Thread: Transportation to Hedo QUESTIONS

redacted
    Last edited by Mars & Venus; 01-26-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars & Venus View Post
    How do you get from the airport to Hedo? It sounds like there is a bus that runs from Montego Bay (MBJ) to Hedo (both II and III?). Is this a contract bus? Does it cost? Or is it part of the inclusive resort rate? How frequently does it run? We don't land until after 8PM, how LATE does it run? Do I need to coordinate this ahead of time with the resort or bus charter? I booked through Expedia, not a travel agent or group, so do I need to let the resort know my travel arrangements ahead of time to ensure a bus will be there? If so, does anyone have the number? If the bus becomes a problem, are there alternate means of transportation to Hedo such as a taxi? Has anyone done this and knows what it would cost? Any answers would be appreciated. Even if you can only answer one question. It all helps. -- Mars
    The bus runs to both resorts. I do not know how often it runs but we have never waited very long. The bus also brings people to other resorts along the way. Both time to Negril H2 it was not a very big bus, not much bigger than a minivan. The bus to Runaway Bay was a full size bus. Just go to the Superclubs lounge and they take it from there.

After you land you go to the Super Clubs waiting area, they will arrainge a bus for you, which is included in your price for the resort. Depending how many people are going, you could get in a small van or a full tour bus. Usually you don't wait more than 15-20 mins, by the time you fill out a few check in paperwork they give you there, and go to the rest room, its time to go and your on your way. No worries.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You hit immigration first, then collect your bags and clear customs with your luggage, SC's waiting area is maybe 20 yds straight ahead. We usually ride in a small airporter size bus and it's customary to tip the driver upon arrival at HII (90 min.) He's not a SC employee, so the tip is cool (maybe $10.) Sucks to get in so late.
    Breakfast is served till about 10AM (Charly makes a mean omlet) head to the beach and collect towels (with your towel cards) at the water sports bldg, (look for the sunfish sailboats & the pier) head to the right and you'll be entering the nude beach area (posted.) We'll be parked at the pool on the lounges nearest the waterfall (some prefer to set up their gear on the beach.) Enjoy.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars & Venus View Post
    ....If the bus becomes a problem, are there alternate means of transportation to Hedo such as a taxi? Has anyone done this and knows what it would cost? .... -- Mars
    You will not have a problem with the shuttle, but in the event that you do, yes,, you can catch a taxi. We opted to take a taxi this year for the first time and the cost was $100 and there were 5 of us. You will be fine, out Customs, straight ahead, SC desk will get you to Hedo..no worries mon...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016