Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Jamaica

Red face Air Jamaica

Has anyone ever flown with Air Jamaica? If you have please tell me about your experience with them?

Aj

I used to fly AJ every year until they quit flying out of Atlanta. I never had any problems. AJ was a great airline as far as I am concerned.

Living in Chicago, It's a breeze, on time, reliable, and $50-200 bucks to upgrade to first class based on # of passengers. can't beat it. It's like starting the vacation at the airport....
    Budd n Janet
    Oh Boy, Is this GREAT!!!!!!
    Flounder, Delta House

We used to fly AJ outta LAX on the red eye...loved it...then they canceled it...if they ever brought it back, we would be back on it...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

I have flown with them for 3 trips. No problem.
    H3 October 27- November 6, 2008; Judi and Reason's birthday trip, it was a blast

This past september our plane was delayed in Orlando by 2 1/2 hrs That was my only comlaint ... I would fly them again ... better attitude than spirit ...and they dont nickle and dime you
    We were always taught to share... how well we learned that lesson
    March Madness at Hedo III ...March 14 - 21, 2010. Come join the FUN

March Madness at Hedo IIIhttp://www.4hedonism.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3336&dateline=1194822  307
Your Current Signature Picture
    March Madness Yahoo Group

The red eye out of LAX was fantastic. We are so bummed they canceled it we booked an extra night this year. It probably won't be enough. AJ has been good to us.
    Rob & Jo

Hedo II Nov. 8-17 2012
    Hedo II Nov. 11-19 2011
    Hedo II Nov. 11-20 2010
    Hedo II Nov. 13-21 2009
    Hedo II Nov. 4-22 2008
    Hedo II Nov. 10-17 2007
    Hedo II Nov. 11-18 2006
    Hedo II Nov. 12-19 2005
    Hedo III Nov. 13-20 2004

Only one that flies both ways from Philly there non stop. No more problems with them than any other airline.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Do you smell ghonga from the cockpit?

Quote Originally Posted by djames520 View Post
    Has anyone ever flown with Air Jamaica? If you have please tell me about your experience with them?
    I'm sure they're fine.

Flown with them twice. First time got bumped due to overbooking. Second time got delayed for over 12 hours due to supposed mechanical failure. Not real happy with them, but they are the cheapest.

Thanks everyone!!! We are booked and flying out of Orlando.

Flew with AJ in 2007 - best price non stop out of ATL. No problems.
    In 2008 and 2009 they were the highest priced carrier so we fly non stop Delta out of ATL now. We don't fly that often but we have heard more bad than good about AJ from people that have flown many times.
    [U]GOOD FRIENDS - GOOD WHISKEY [/U]& GOOD LOVIN' - NEED I SAY MORE

We must be unlucky I guess. Flew them one time out of Orlando in July of 2008. The flight to Jamaica was delayed due to the crew not being there on time. After the announcement about being late, I went walking around the terminal. The flight crew was shopping in a store as if they had nowhere to be. They finally walked down and got on the plane about an hour late. On the way back, the entire Air Jamaica computer system was down. Hundreds of people stood in line while the ticket agents individually called in each passenger's info to a corporate office. Then they handwrote a boarding pass. That process took us two hours. Once through, our plane was not available, nor did they have another plane. They then chartered a plane from some company that apparently rents out planes and crews for smaller airlines. The plane we got was one of the original 737's from decades ago. The overhead bins were too small for most of the carry-on's and we had to wait another hour for them to collect everyone's bags and carry them out to be stored in the luggage hold. On top of this, three flight attendants got into a heated argument over who would serve drinks to who. All told, we were 5 hours late on this flight.

We swore we'd never take them again, but they do have some of the best flight times and prices, so we might try again sometime. We've also had a few nightmares with US Air, so its not just them.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    We must be unlucky I guess. Flew them one time out of Orlando in July of 2008. The flight to Jamaica was delayed due to the crew not being there on time. After the announcement about being late, I went walking around the terminal. The flight crew was shopping in a store as if they had nowhere to be. They finally walked down and got on the plane about an hour late. On the way back, the entire Air Jamaica computer system was down. Hundreds of people stood in line while the ticket agents individually called in each passenger's info to a corporate office. Then they handwrote a boarding pass. That process took us two hours. Once through, our plane was not available, nor did they have another plane. They then chartered a plane from some company that apparently rents out planes and crews for smaller airlines. The plane we got was one of the original 737's from decades ago. The overhead bins were too small for most of the carry-on's and we had to wait another hour for them to collect everyone's bags and carry them out to be stored in the luggage hold. On top of this, three flight attendants got into a heated argument over who would serve drinks to who. All told, we were 5 hours late on this flight.

We swore we'd never take them again, but they do have some of the best flight times and prices, so we might try again sometime. We've also had a few nightmares with US Air, so its not just them.
    WOW...I think if we would have had those issues on our 7 trips on AJ I might have sworn them off as well, but they did have the best arrival time for us. Since they canx the LAX route, we were chose to give Delta a shot out of ATL...was not bad...will most likely use them again next year...

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Hey everyone, starting in 2010, Jet Blue will be flying non-stop out of Orlando, that willbe cool. I am gonna try them this July when we go back home. From the prices I have seen they are really good. We have flown AJ many times and only once I can remember it being a nightmare, but the other times have been OK, Spirit was a PIA out of Ft. Lauderdale the couple times we flew w/ them and the customs at Lauderdale is a the worst I have ever been through. See all in Nov....
    Love Ya , Mean It
    DIF Is Killing me!
    Hedo II - Spanksgiving 2010

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast