Thread: Going when its "dead" and groups (info no question)

Going when its "dead" and groups (info no question)

for those of you out there with the question of "what if its 'dead' when i go?" dont worry about it!
    we went for the first time this sept. (a proclaimed relatively dead month), we were going wed-mon, however a group was due to start arriving there over the weekend.
    it seemed (to us) that people were more likely to try to strike up a conversation or invite us to sit with them before the group(s) got there. we were recruited to participate in more of the EC's activities and piano bar activities. we hardly (if ever) had to wait to get drinks, food, use the gym equipment or even get last minute dinner reservation.
    however, the disco was dead but we still dressed up to the hilt and decided WE would be the party (life is what you make it though isn't it.)
    once the group(s) got there they were really nice and said hi to us and struck up a few conversations but for the most part they were really more involved with getting to know one another of their own group.
    I loved being there when it was "dead". our next trip is schedule during a quite busy time and we have signed up with a group b/c it seem if its going to be busy you do need to already be part of the "busy."

We second that statement! The first half of our trip was during a "dead" period and we had a blast! People were so friendly and there was never a line for drinks or food. There were not a ton of people there, but that made it easy to get to know them well and we made many lifelong friends. So if it is dead, don't worry mon!
    Hedo II June '09
    Hedo II July '11 with the Fluffs!

Thanks for the reassurance! We went to Hedo2 over 4th of July and it was busy. We had the time of our lives, so we have decided to go back for my 40th. Unfortunately that falls the second week of Dec. which I hear is "dead" but we still plan on having a blast!
    Thanks again!!

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All it takes to make a "dead" period rock is 3 or 4 couples, who like each other, to hang out and have some laughs. Being friendly and making friends is a sure fire way to insure a memorable trip home.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Thumbs up

Have been to both Hedo 2 and Hedo 3 when it was...non group busy...had a hell of a good time regardless of who was on resort. We were in the tropics with the one we loved...sounds like a party to me....

Ivy and Rick
    "Once you go, you will know"

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Agree wholeheartedly about just deciding we will make the party if it is not there already.. of course we are the "look at me look at me look at me" types lol!
    Nick (and the exhibitionist Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

I agree that sometimes dead is best! Been to both in the low season and high season...whenever we went we met great people. Towels and chairs are more plentiful when its dead..service a bit better but really high or low season its difficult to have a bad time

B&C.

091230\100110