Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desire?

Quote Originally Posted by chazo4 View Post
    We've been to Desire twice. We're not in the lifestyle and only play with each other. We have never felt left out or treated any differently. Admittedly, we are not very social and tend to hang out with each other, but I never felt anyone was standoffish or unfriendly. Clearly your mileage may vary on this depending on the crowd at the time. But, I really think there's a big overlap between Desire and Hedo people, so the crowds tend to be much alike (less the singles, who I don't miss).

That said, our trips to Desire are an interesting paradox when compared to Hedo (II or III). The food is better. The rooms are nicer. The property looks nicer. The beach is much nicer. Everything feels a bit more upscale than at Hedo. In general, it's a much nicer resort all-around. It's clothing-optional, which suits us better (okay, bad word there) than nude, since we're more the mixed couple in that regard (and we really loved Hedo III this year for that reason as well and hate so much to see it die). However, we never seem to enjoy the trip as much as we do a trip to Hedo. It's hard to put a finger on it. Part of it is the tropical ambiance in Jamaica, which we prefer to that of Mexico. The Hedo's just seem so green (well other than the giant concrete pad at III). Also, the staff just seems more "interesting". I'm not saying they are nicer or better or anything. The staff at Desire was very nice as well. The Jamaicans just seem more fun. And, I think there's a little thing that sometimes it's the flaws that make you feel more at home. Maybe Hedo just seems more at our level than Desire? We'll likely go back to Desire, but it's low on our vacation list right now.
    We are going to Desire in 3 weeks. That trip gives us 2 visits each to desire, Hedo II and Hedo III. We couldn't sum up the feelings any better than you did. There is just something about Jamaica especially Hedo II. Desire has better quality everything but we always feel if we could only go on one more vacation fro the rest of our lives, it would be Hedo II. Maybe this desire trip will change our minds, but I doubt it.

We will be visiting Desire September 11-18th 2010 for the first time. We went to Hedo II for our Honeymoon and LOVED it, but decided to try something different. Hope to see some of you there!

Thomas and Misti
    mrmrsryan@yahoo.com

We'll also be visiting Desire September 11-18, 2010 - also for the first time - also from GA (southwest GA). We debated H2 vs Desire, but thought Desire would be a little more tame for our first adult travel venue. We think we'll like the couples-only format better. We've visited two of the Couples resorts in Jamaica and loved both, but for our next trip wanted to visit a resort with a bit more freedom. We're counting the days......

Don & CJ

We will be there Aug. 8th - 15th! Just two more weeks...we can't wait.

Everyone be sure to post your trip dates on the calendar.
    Last edited by jrdtlm7579; 07-23-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    2006 Hedo III
    2007 Hedo III
    2008 Hedo III
    2010 Desire Cancun

But my question is ... is the difference in cost really justifyable? I mean sure the rooms at Desire are nicer (can't imagine anywhere else offering old-ass Hedo2 style) and the food may be better (but I don't go on vacation to eat food, can do that at home). So, does the significant price difference in resorts justify itself? I have to admit I am curious about the resort but really don't want to pay nearly double the amount to find out that folks are friendly/mingling/flirting or nude. I know I can go to H2 any week and meet folks right and left to share a drink with. Curious about the honest relaities...

I guess you answered your concern! Stick with what you know at a price you like, and put up with acceptable standards. OR venture out, take a risk for (perhaps) better standards etc. But in truth you'll meet the same people at both resorts. Many of us have been to H II, H III, and both the Desires over the years.
    Personally, we look for the best 'bang for the buck' when booking. If there's a good sale at one of the resorts over the other(s), then that's where we go. We have managed Desire at well below H II prices, on occasion. Shop around to three or four TAs and on-line.
    Right now we can do Desire in the fall (hurricane season) a bit below H II, out of Toronto.

PNK

It's difficult to create a rowdy atmosphere by yourself but we're headed to Desire with a group of friends so we'll make it fun. We love Mexico and can't wait to go. Sep 29th - Oct 4th.

More on Desire

HedoJoe, or anyone who has been to Desire. We went to Desire in Cabo, but have not been to the one in Cancun. In Cabo, my wife hated the bathroom. There was only a glass door, not all the way to the floor or ceiling, that swiveled to either be the door for the shower or the door for the tioilet area. There was no other door to separate the bathroom from the room itself. So there was no privacy in the bathroom. Are the bathrooms at Desire Cancun the same, or are they different ?

Have no fear the bathroom doors are not see through at Cancun.

Quote Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
    There was only a glass door, not all the way to the floor or ceiling, that swiveled to either be the door for the shower or the door for the tioilet area. There was no other door to separate the bathroom from the room itself. So there was no privacy in the bathroom. Are the bathrooms at Desire Cancun the same, or are they different ?
    Our bathroom (toilet and shower) had a louvered door as you can see in the attached picture. The vanity area was in the main room right next to that door.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    Our bathroom (toilet and shower) had a louvered door as you can see in the attached picture. The vanity area was in the main room right next to that door.
    Do you have any more photos of your room you can post or did you already do that and I missed it?

Quote Originally Posted by twods View Post
    Do you have any more photos of your room you can post or did you already do that and I missed it?
    Yes, I would love to see some pictures of Desire, any at all. We are thinking of going to Mexico for the new MS treatment for my husband, mays well make a good trip out of it
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twods View Post
    Here are some more pictures of our room. We upgraded to a Passion suite before we arrived.

Joe
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

I have a couple more but I guess I can only upload so much in one day.
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Blog Entries
    The bathroom looks just like Hedo! LOL
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast